It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars and Backgrounds and Colors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The creature within it seems as though they are in deep, deep thought on the little alien-caterpillar it has skewered, and is analyzing and evaluating every detail.

Yeah...

What the hell IS THAT THING!! I keep thinking of it as a nail-scrubber....back in the 60s and 70s, you could buy these 'nail brushes' that looked like that......for getting the dirt out from under your fingernails. ANd "LAVA" soap!! Did you ever have that?

LOL!! The other day I was at Walmart looking for a universal remote for my garage door (which unit did not work) and saw that they still have that stuff!!

LAVA soap!
Yeah.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'll check out both shows and yea props to your pops!

I found my avatar online, it was a pic associated with an article about nature as medicine for the soul. I thought if I saw a branch like that hanging over a mountainside, what an awesome place to view the stars from. I'm a bit of a stargazer and tree climber so…seemed perfect. I hope it conveys wonder,awe and a calming effect as it does for me.

I think it is interesting how the avatars can shape our perception of who is posting, beyond an initial acknowledgement they can shape voice, tone and expressions in the imagination.
edit on 2-3-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I really like the avatars. I don't even need to read most people's name to know who I'm talking to. Except when I'm on mobile then I notice it may take a few extra seconds as I try to recollect the avatar that goes with the name.

As far as what mine is or means? Nothing really and not artsy, I just usually use things that I like.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I really like the avatars. I don't even need to read most people's name to know who I'm talking to. Except when I'm on mobile then I notice it may take a few extra seconds as I try to recollect the avatar that goes with the name.

As far as what mine is or means? Nothing really and not artsy, I just usually use things that I like.

Same here.

I change mine as the mood strikes me and I see something that makes me chuckle or I decide something seasonal is in order.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I've been in like with your avatar since I first came across it. Very good artwork and meaning.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Revolution9

I will be back at my mom's on Monday (library book is wanted by someone else!) and I will take a pic of it....
thanks for your interest!

I really am very interested to see that. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks! I did submit it to The Weather Channel, and it showed up in their "reader's photos" thing....

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
it reveals that i snatch up images from google image search boyeeee

oh and then i clone brushesesh them boyeeeee

edit on 2-3-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

probably should switch it up
edit on 2-3-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Awesome thread... especially since we know each other by the avatars more then the name mostly, because it sticks out more and we are a picture based society anymore it seems.

I am envious of your Father's career. I have always wanted my inventions to surface to life... I guess I will have to settle for self proclaimed philosopher until I can claim my involvement with an invention though, huh?

Mine is to show out easier in contrast, because I am color blind on green/browns and I use the color to scroll up and see what was said in between my current and recent posts. Other reasons are obvious... that corporations have earned more powerful votes than citizens somehow. I hope to one day switch it back to stars and stand with the poor and people when the proper gathering occurs.

Can't wait to read through all these posts in this thread... thanks again for the cool subject!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

You made me smile!! I have noticed and really like your avatar also...it intrigues me and makes me interested in what you have to say.

THANK YOU for participating!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have never changed mine as I haven't changed and I believe it says it all. Hope one day to have something whimsical but then I am getting old and it all doesn't matter so much.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Wow. So - nine years and you haven't found anything refreshingly innovative, or worth a look further?
That's sad.

Your avy is sad - and gets your mood across quite well. Sorry you are suffering.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thank you kindly!

I admit, I am one to not show myself in pictures... I even feel awkward doing it... hahaha.

I agree that the register date stands to the fore ground of the photo and trees beneath... kind of like the words/numbers are in an infinity pool and the photo behind it. That's crazy to be a real sky... I thought it was a photo. It reminds me of the movie '300.'

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well, that made me sad...as does so much. Have often thought another, happier or whimsical avatar would be a precursor to change my thoughts, presentation...whatever.

Maybe someday.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Mine simply represents an extremely annoying, yet immortal, dude... about to be impaled by a lot of posts.

Ahha...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
I have never changed mine as I haven't changed and I believe it says it all. Hope one day to have something whimsical but then I am getting old and it all doesn't matter so much.

That made me sad.

I always thought it meant sadness for the world and the way it is, but not your own personal world. There are many suffering here on the site from one thing or another. We all have our changes and challenges to deal with. You are not alone in your sadness. Read my signature. It is simple, yet to me says a lot. I take one day at a time. I hope to someday see a butterfly or tree or something beautiful for you for an avatar. I wish you well.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Every word you type now I will consider genius!!!

And especially being your 1111th post!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My first, middle, and last name each have 6 letters.

Have a scar on my hand from a nasty little beast.

Can you guess who I am?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Oh my god, that number never leaves me alone. I see it every day, and annoy people (ha!) by making them look at their clock.

Fools leap in where angels fear to tread, so they say!!

Jeronimo!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
My first, middle, and last name each have 6 letters.

Have a scar on my hand from a nasty little beast.

Can you guess who I am?

Hayden Dexter Hilton - the superficial but poisonous snake, handler?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join