It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars and Backgrounds and Colors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Cool.

There is perhaps one thing about your avatar that you may not have noticed, and it's quite a strange effect.

The, Registered: 6 3 2014, text that can be seen, appears to be slightly projected out from the screen. I'm not sure I can explain the optical effect, depth of field or whatever. I'm sure there's an expert around that can explain it and maybe even enhance it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOVE the sunset! I didn't know you took the picture yourself. Wow!!!!!!

It was one of the most brilliant I have ever seen, in my life.

My dad used to rave about the sunsets....he used to stand out on the porch watching for the tornadoes! (The rest of us were cowering in the basement with our pets clutched to our chests! and trying hard to breathe!)

He was a sailor. The very best days I had with my dad were out on the local lake, in his Catalina 22, all tricked out with the latest gadgets, a "robot" arm for a navigator, solar panel to charge the battery.....all of that!!!

He taught me how to sail. He also took us to the National Parks, and taught us about science and all that. I used to watch him build Heathkits: a television, a radio....

Yeah. So. That was a thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Do you think it's just maybe the color contrast?
I don't see anything like that on my screen (Chrome)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Is that really true about your Dad? That's wonderful.

I have my own music studio. I have a Revox A77 Reel To Reel from the 1970s (German). I would love to use tape still in the mastering, but the quality of buying a quality mastering machine and maintenance would cost big $. I keep my Revox as a shrine to the age of analogue. Really, it sits there like a shrine in my studio. Here it is:

I just put up a new Avatar. It is a gif from Lars Von Trier's movie "Melancholia". It is a wonderful movie. I use it because of the "doom" factor. Kind of fits in with ATS. If you ever get a chance to watch the movie it is very imaginative.

All the best to you OP.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

LOL, is that my dark side?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

There are so many awesome avatars and backgrounds that I love on ATS! The one I am currently using, I have had for a long time now and have grown too fond of her to change it to anything else. I have always loved fantasy with Elves and dragons and things. The first thing I noticed was her intense eyes. They were just mesmerizing and she was such a lovely and enchanting being.

You have indeed, sweetie, had that avy for a long time. It's nice.

People whose avatars and backgrounds remain the same over their tenure here are brave souls.

I used to use this one a long time ago.

I remember that one!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Your warrior side!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What wonderful memories of your Dad!
I'd be hiding out in the basement too. LOL! I have never seen a tornado and I hope I never do!

My Dad was a Navy man and always loved the ocean, but never sailed a boat of his own.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Is that really true about your Dad? That's wonderful.

YES. It is really true. Next time I go to their house I'll take a photo of the patent thing portrait whatever.

And you know those awful plastic containers that hold electronic devices? That you need a hammer and/or saw to get into?

The sealed up packages, you know, that hang on the peg boards?

Yeah. Those, too.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Probably is the colour contrast. The brightness of the sunset, dark trees and then the text.

To me it looks 3D.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Your warrior side!!

Look at my old avatar above you. That is my warrior side.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The original picture.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Your warrior side!!

Look at my old avatar above you. That is my warrior side.

Good luck doing warrior stuff with nary any armor! teeheee

*skitters off*

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That is breathtaking!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Bless. Well if you do get the chance please message me the pic (only if you remember).

Well it's an honor. Music is my whole life. I love recording. I use the tape just for fun. 1/2 inch tape plus is amazing quality and sounds so big. I don't know if they will ever figure out digital recording to not sound so compressed (number crunching)? I play everything I can in wav format, but tape still sounds so smooth and wide in comparison, warm to the ears.

link   

It's more than what Timely has. LOL

link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you!!! And it was without filters or any kind of photoshop enhancement.

I was walking across a parking lot, and on the horizon I saw it.
I set my things down and took the picture. I think it is beautiful. My dad would have approved.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Why do you pick an avatar? What do you think it conveys to the internet? Why did you choose it, and what does it say to readers about you?

I put a lot of thought into mine.....do you?

WHAT about you does your avatar and background image reveal?

A long time ago I stumbled upon an extremely talented 3D artist (Greg Petchkovsky), and this one particular piece really stuck out and 'spoke' to me.

To me, it's a gorgeous representation of the feeling of fascination of the unknown. The creature within it seems as though they are in deep, deep thought on the little alien-caterpillar it has skewered, and is analyzing and evaluating every detail.

What makes it even more intense - for me - is how the creature itself is both incredibly beautiful and terribly ugly at the same time. It invokes a certain inability to really decide what to think of it.

I have always had very interesting responses regarding it. It seems to bring a plethora of emotions to people who view it (judging by their own responses to me referring to it)

Some people feel actual terror, some people find it intriguing, most are very VERY uncomfortable with it (I've actually been forced by mods on other sites to remove it for that reason).

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I will be back at my mom's on Monday (library book is wanted by someone else!) and I will take a pic of it....
thanks for your interest!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You should enlarge it, frame it and hang it somewhere! I doubt a professional photographer could have done a better job. You have a picture to be proud of and it brings such special memories with it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join