It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Years In Prison - For a 2-time Illegal Voter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Fake news
Illegals cant and wouldnt vote in an election, your just deluded if you think they would.
If you dont believe me just ask any Hillary supporter

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just thought of another reason for the heavy sentence...everyone is screaming about the Marijuana laws and how they are going to switch them just to load up private prisons again.

Well...there's no need for that if you round up illegal voters....that could populate a lot of prisons!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Voter fraud is a serious serious matter. Illegal aliens voting in our federal elections is criminal and they should get the fullest sentence the law allows, especially if they have done it more than once.

California is going to be in serious trouble soon. Illegal voting was not only allowed, it was encouraged, and during this last election when immigration was the biggest issue on the ticket, they voted in massive amounts. You can say there is no evidence, but there has been. There must be an extensive investigation to gather all the evidence, and then some heads are going to roll.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A heavy punishment is good deterrence against future behaviour. They see what the punishment is. They would not try it themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It ruins the integrity of a fundamental institution. Going to vote is a very conscious act, it is not desperation, or uncontrolled emotion.
One cannot negligently vote, or vote because they were out of options, or get addicted to voting.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: ColdWisdom

8 years seems a bit much for voter fraud (single person fraud).

More importantly, why pay to keep someone in prison for 8 years (to reform them from that sort of behavior) and then immediately ship them out of the country after they are out? That makes no sense at all.

I'd say it's more to send a message than anything. Excessive? Yes. Needed? Yes. If it was just a slap on the wrist then other illegals wouldn't fear doing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Made an example of? If they read english, that is.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
It ruins the integrity of a fundamental institution. Going to vote is a very conscious act, it is not desperation, or uncontrolled emotion.
One cannot negligently vote, or vote because they were out of options, or get addicted to voting.

Tons of US Citizens do not vote, while tons of non-citizens do.
Fascinating.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: crazyewok

Perhaps she was influenced...

Jaw dropped.

This is simply unacceptable behavior.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Sounds like a ridiculously long sentence for voting fraud. I'm sure her one vote didn't sway the election. Some manslaughter charges get less time!

Why not just take her off the voting roll. Instead, put her in prison with a bunch of criminals who may change her attitude for the worst. That's great rehabilitation along with people whose only crime was using marijuana or abusing drugs. We're producing more criminals than rehabilitating them. This is a perfect example.

And we wonder why our prison system is over-crowded?

Um...if she voted illegally, she shouldn't really be ON the voting roll. There is a problem in several places, and being the fan of personal responsibility that I am, one of them lies with her knowingly vote. (It's something you MUST be conscious to do.) Another one lies with how her name ended up on the roll to begin with, twice. Then of course there is the old, voter fraud is a right wing conspiracy. (if this one person did it twice, is it even remotely possible somewhere, someone else did as well?)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

"when you vote, you are a citizen yourself, --blah blah--, the sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential."

I thought you had to be a citizen in order to vote. Did that change?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Super inappropriate question,
Only non-citizens get deported, this means the question is being asked on if an illegal act will be prosecuted. Far worse than any Russian proof I've seen thus far.
He didn't set her straight why?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: muzzleflash

"when you vote, you are a citizen yourself, --blah blah--, the sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential."

I thought you had to be a citizen in order to vote. Did that change?

I actually am in favor of the concept of requiring a birth certificate, a valid ID, and I'd even go so far as to require them to recite the Pledge of Allegiance on the spot as well - just to register to vote.

I think we have crazy people not only allowing illegal non-citizens to register but are probably encouraging it, meanwhile anyone with a felony remains disenfranchised.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Her attorney says she has a learning disability, of which made her confused about being a US citizen or an illegal resident.

An Irony she can ponder for the next 8 years.

Ummm...cool...she can ponder that...for the duration of Trumps term's...

Ironic indeed...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

if you round up illegal voters....that could populate a lot of prisons!

Ummm...cool...that means that I could start a company that specialized in all kinds of huuuge construction projects...like bridges...tunnels...Walls...(with the occasional door)...

All sorts of infrastructure...

Then...in an effort...purely...to save taxpayers some hard earned dough...I'd use me some of that work detail...

Music to my ears...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Sounds like a ridiculously long sentence for voting fraud. I'm sure her one vote didn't sway the election. Some manslaughter charges get less time!

Why not just take her off the voting roll. Instead, put her in prison with a bunch of criminals who may change her attitude for the worst. That's great rehabilitation along with people whose only crime was using marijuana or abusing drugs. We're producing more criminals than rehabilitating them. This is a perfect example.

And we wonder why our prison system is over-crowded?

I was going to say, I thought it sounded a little low. Very few cases of voter fraud actually get prosecuted, much less convicted (which is pretty difficult since votes are anonymous in non ID states). The average was typically 10 years I thought, so 8 for two cases is light. Whether that's just or not is another matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Had she pulled such a stunt in North Korea ... and voted for 'the other guy' ... she'd have been eaten by dogs by now.

This is why nobody goes to North Korea to vote.

Serious punishment = don't mess with the law ... especially if you don't belong there.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ahhhh, obama hacked the election, not the russians!

Talk about fail!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

to reform them from that sort of behavior

it's called punishment, something that all people that break laws suffer. time frames are set ans sometimes people get out early.
"reform " only works if the person being punished want to change.
edit on 2-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that this illegal alien with a learning disability came up with this idea on her own? My suspicion is that it was part of a concerted effort and that many more illegals were similarly registered and similarly voted. But, as usual, the low man on the totem pole gets eight years and no more investigation is done to uncover the real masterminds of the conspiracy.

And wasting 8 years in prison, at our expense, is absurd for a non-violent offense. In reality, not one person was damaged or harmed by her actions. I'm no bleeding heart, but it disgusts me that we imprison more people in total and per capita than any other nation on earth, including Iran, Russia, China, and any other country we routinely hear of as being despotic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join