It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions steps aside from Russia probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just to re-iterate, it can indeed happen:

Recusals for attorney generals over conflicts of interest with FBI investigations have long precedents.

Barack Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder, in 2013 recused himself from an FBI investigation into leaks, after he himself was interviewed for it the previous year.

George W Bush’s attorney general, Michael Mukasey, recused himself from a 2008 investigation into crooked financier Bernie Madoff because his son represented a Madoff associate.

But why so many ousters in such a short time frame ?

Once is accidental
Twice is embarrasing
Thrice is a habit

as we say ^¨^

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JAY1980

Congress is starting to act. There is a bill starting to cycle its way through Congress to deschedule the plant. But I will CERTAINLY hold it against Sessions for coming after marijuana in the meantime. He said these things so I'm going to hold him to them.

Cool story.

We all deeply care who you hold accountable for what.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Do not confuse disdain of the bully tactics used by the left for praise of their targets. We all need to stay skeptical not only of the administration, but also of letting baseless rhetoric overruling laws and due process.

From what I've seen Session's interview questions were in context of the Trump campaign. Of course he met with foreign ambassadors while in Washington as a senator. But let's see the transcript, was anything Trump related discussed? The articles I've read have the 2 interactions with the ambassador completely innocuous and not exactly one-on-one, forgettable even.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

If Trump wasn't brought up, then I will have no tiff with this matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If the country wants to end the war of drugs then the legislation needs to get cracking. Bullying the people enforcing the laws is not the answer. Do you really want an AG that picks which laws to follow?

Yes that's exactly what he wants! As long as they are the laws he agrees with.

(post by manuelram16 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now let's have a private prosecutor and investigate the Trump campaign and end the debate once and for all. We don't need this to drag on for many years like Trump doing birther on Obama.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If trump has nothing to hide, he needs to release his tax returns and appoint an impartial special prosecutor

If he has something to hide, he should ask everyone around him to fall on their swords for him

uh oh

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone who supports sessions likes government hypocrisy and authority.

This idiot first off gets loads from police unions. Teachers unions bad, police unions good? Hey,..sure,..have an organization that protects fat lazy cops the same way it protects fat lazy teachers.

This idiot want to protect police with no hesitation no investigations. Crime is very much most often out of control because of police corruption. Giving cops a blank check to do whatever is not only a bad message about authority it's dangerous.

His drug war comments and long history of abusive authority philosophy is dangerous to the Constitution. Mandatory min, harsher sentence for crack, Marijuana has no use including medical. States rights only if it's about gays or guns.

Hopefully this guy gets dumped sooner rather than later. Nothing worse than someone who values authority over liberty.

edit on 2-3-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Truthfully, I would have no problem with Sessions stepping down. I don't believe all the Russia talk blah blah everyday by the left, but his stance on private prisons and MJ are a problem for the administration I think. Not that it would make any difference to the dems. They'll still spew their daily hate no matter what. Trump could donate 10 million dollars to starving kids in Africa (out of his own pocket) and they would still find some way to spin it into a hate-fest.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

This is true. Also his support and love of police unions and authority over others in general.

Also the libs have lost their minds, not the hat republiccrats are much better.

My personal opinion is trump has brought in the opposite of the foaming at the mouth liberal into the party. I have never seen so many childish republicans as I do now. It's like he they were jealous the libs had all the nutters so they brought the crazy far right into the mix

Meanwhile the majority of both parties and independents that are not totally crazy have no microphone. It's just idealist screamers everywhere now.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Double

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Step aside and allow Gowdy into the role!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
FYI...Sessions will be interviewed live by Tucker Carlson tonight at 9pm ET on Fox News channel.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Tucker is asking the hard questions. Don't know much about him, but he seems to be "balanced".

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Satire:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join