It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions steps aside from Russia probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Breaking on Bbc

1st para :

US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has removed himself from an FBI investigation into alleged Russian interference in the US election.

Calls for his recusal mounted after revelations that he met Russia's envoy during the election, apparently contradicting his earlier statements.

America's top prosecutor testified at his confirmation hearing that he had "no communications with the Russians".

No smoke without fire ?
The President is having recrutement problems :p

Where's Hr on this ?

Anyhow, as someone else markedly said from another posting :

It Happens

Sometimes nominees really don't fit the bill

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

He needs to step down and resign. He's the worst person for that particular job.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Didn't you know though, lying under oath is nothing new and rarely punished.

Unfortunately that's the climate we live in today.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Poor guy, twice the victim of the leftist slander campaign.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

He is NOT a poor guy. He's scum and wants to walk back progress we've made in ending the War on Drugs. This recusal is one of the few things that he's done right.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If the country wants to end the war of drugs then the legislation needs to get cracking. Bullying the people enforcing the laws is not the answer. Do you really want an AG that picks which laws to follow?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is a bit of a worrier

Sure, the guy has been in the senate for, what, 20 odd years ?

His staff, tell him, that he has a problem ..
He's lost the plot,

However, after meeting with justice department officials, he said Thursday he would be stepping back from the case. “I have now decided to recuse myself,” because, he said, his staff had said his involvement with the Trump campaign presented a possible conflict of interest.

Yes, i know its from the Graun :p

Is this symptomatique of The President's decision making ?
Hasty, untried ... not thought out ?

If his recrutement policy is anything to go by...
Jeepers

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

If the country wants to end the war of drugs then the legislation needs to get cracking. Bullying the people enforcing the laws is not the answer. Do you really want an AG that picks which laws to follow?

He should just continue what Obama started. And no one is "bullying" him. He's the one who decided to reignite this war all on his own.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

As he should. As should every AG. I don't understand why we let someone appoint someone who may have to investigate them lol. Is there a dumber policy?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
He's scum and wants to walk back progress we've made in ending the War on Drugs.

*facepalm*
Do you ever get tired parroting this garbage!
He has said that he will simply uphold the laws just like hes predecessors and if America as a whole doesn't want it as written law then congress needs to act.
Not sure how you surmise this one guy is going to walk back any progress "we've" made in ending the war on drugs. If you ask me this is the most efficient way to get congress to act. Frighten the already scared masses into pressuring their representative to act. Calling him scum is just a pejorative attack that has no merit.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Templeton

He is NOT a poor guy. He's scum and wants to walk back progress we've made in ending the War on Drugs. This recusal is one of the few things that he's done right.

Your opposition is his greatest endorsement.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Congress is starting to act. There is a bill starting to cycle its way through Congress to deschedule the plant. But I will CERTAINLY hold it against Sessions for coming after marijuana in the meantime. He said these things so I'm going to hold him to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
nvm that post was dumb and not worth responding to
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When did he lie under oath? I'd seriously like to see even one person point that out. If he did, like Hillary did over and over, then I'd say thrown him in prison... next to her. I've not seen anything convincing though. He talked to Russians? Um, duh. It was part of his job. He talked to a lot of different countries. He said as much when he specifically answered that he did not talk to Russia about the campaign when he was specifically asked if he talked to Russia about the campaign. Got anything else? No? Well, okay then.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

When are the conservatives going to regain the high ground and start accepting responsibility instead of always pointing fingers and blaming others. He lied under oath and when concerning a foreign power; that could be treason.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
same last source :

While the senior Democrats spoke of resignation and possible perjury charges, Republicans were also beginning to break ranks – stopping short of resignation calls but agreeing that Sessions must step back and recuse himself from any involvement in the FBI’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 US election.

I'm not being swayed what-ever way : it's a comrpomise deal

For now

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

He should just continue what Obama started. And no one is "bullying" him. He's the one who decided to reignite this war all on his own.

No one should continue what Obama started, we voted that tool and his anti-american law-side-stepping clown's antics to the curb. This is definitely bullying. It's just butthurt liberals on their never ending witch hunt. It is old news even. Timed to quell any momentum from Trump's speech.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When are the conservatives going to regain the high ground and start accepting responsibility instead of always pointing fingers and blaming others. He lied under oath and when concerning a foreign power; that could be treason.

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"Calling him scum is just a pejorative attack that has no merit." You're right, and that's Krazysh0t's typical contribution; meritless and baseless rhetoric. I guess the AG is supposed to pick and choose what laws to uphold. I'm pro-legalization but, as an adult with the ability to reason, understand that it's not the AG's job to decide what is or is not illegal. Krazy thinks he should continue what Obama started? Like raid dispensaries? Prevent banks from accepting deposits? I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I'll humor maybe he didn't lie but he certainly wasn't forthcoming of events that had taken place. It's 2017, it's hard to keep anything a secret so he should have been completely transparent on this. If we do not call it a lie it was at the least disingenuous. This is supposed to be the transparent administration that drains the swamp. So that is the benchmark I'll hold all of them to.

I'm tired of getting burned, so I'll stay skeptical and critical of any administration going forward. And I look forward to a day I can praise an administration AFTER they leave office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join