It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial human life could soon be grown in lab after embryo breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

shud we use the artificials as slaves ?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

prob the fairest thign to do making them master of their slavery work so they enjoy doing it perhaps so the biological can have alot of time catching up to the pro artificials

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa,

. . . . . been a while.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

So here is the question that I would like answered by our religious members.
Did god have anything to do with it.
If yes, then God agrees with genetic modification.
If no than this is an animal that lives outside of all God's creation.

When this becomes possible in humans, then this will be the final end of all secular religious thought.
There will no longer be a way to defend or espouse the creation of such humans as the work of God.

#CantWait

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That is so cold . . .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

I think these things are inevitable and the cat is already out of the bag. We will have artificial human life and we will be able to create new lifeforms.

This is mind boggling. We all knew it was going to happen one day, it wasn't until I read your comment about creating new life forms that it occurred to me that designer pets are in our future.

Fancy a Hamster the size of a German Shepherd (the dog, not a Germanic Sheep Herder)? How about a flying cat? Or even something a bit more exotic like a Unicorn, Dragon or Gryphon? Just five us 100 years or so an you're set...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic they make 'em, I kiss 'em.
youtube.com...

edit on 3-3-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

That is so cold . . .

But sure it may be,but it might be needed.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I would suggest a different approach . . . .

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

LOL. That one was a funny one. I wish Evangelion wasnt such a mind screw though. End of evangelion was so disturbing i even had dreams of being Asuka being eaten alive. That was really scary. worse part was waking up in bruises all over due to my over active imagination. needless to say i stayed home from school because i felt sore all over.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I saw the original series, but not the remake, didn't have the original Gendo voice actor (English dub)

The Japanese a very aware people and it does come out in their fiction.

However back to the subject.

How else would one make friends with a human based organic AI?

edit on 4-3-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

I saw the original series, but not the remake, didn't have the original Gendo voice actor (English dub)

The Japanese a very aware people and it does come out in their fiction.

However back to the subject.

How else would one make friends with a human based organic AI?

By piloting it? lol joke joke. Well i guess the same way you currently do. they will eventually catch on to how you act and mirror it most likely.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Tell you what. A hyperthetical scenario on where this bio-engineering could go.

Let's say that making a body with organs for sale works and the transplants are viable. That is one level. But will it stop there? After all, the military are paying customers as are corporations and shareholders need dividends. So, soldiers and factory workers might be an idea, cheeper then high tech machinery hardware. Just grow a new one when the old one wears out or is destroyed. The usual Sci-Fi fare.

But it is my belief that organs are one thing to grow, but a functioning awake human is not so easy. What is the difference between a body on life support and an aware human being? That is the problem area that will be difficult to overcome.

If it proves too difficult to overcome, then we will see a different science developing. Closer to cloning perhaps, but that may not work as explained in my earlier post this thread. What could happen is the falling back to a cheeper and simpler solution to a problem of advancing science and medicine in a corporate world. That is simply growing humans in good old fashioned wombs in factories.

Why? Because an intelligent, reasoning, thinking entity that can be communicated with easily, controlled, disected, killed, and is a familiar interface to users is better as an OS (computer operating system) then a AI (artificial intelligence) machine. But let's not stop there. Let's slice, dice and splice a human body into a re-engineered vehicle. Think of a "horseless carriage" you can sit inside out of the elements, that understands your commands and is tethered when not needed on your front lawn and refuels by eating grass. Spaceships? Why not? Human organs that can be re-engineered to waste disposal and recycling exist in our own bodies right now. Feed it with an algae farm. Milk for pilot food. A brain to navigate. Give it a metal skin.

Remember here, that it is human nature (corporate nature?) to create a need for something in the public mind. Then ways are found to make the unacceptable acceptable.

So it is not far fetched to consider that practicality will win.

The minds that create biological engineered life have a pattern one might say.

They would probably be very detached from their creations and have vivisectionist minds.

Such minds are not going to show love and compassion to their creations. They would simply see biologically engineered life as things to own and use. Slaves basically.

Now a human based life would have human emotions somewhere within it's self. It probably has known very little kindness and love in it's life. It is also probably female. Females are not as violent as males and less territorial. Females also have wombs that grow new life.

This might sound flippant and just too easy. But to show a "girl" compassion, a "girl" who knows no love but can respond to it, who is capable of feeling love and kindness is a powerful thing to do to.

A creepy Ikari knocking on the door won't really do the trick. But the human mind is a wonderful thing and if people build living machines that are human then the interfaces will be built too.

One would just need access to her. . . .

This is ATS, so perhaps one might safely suggest that this is not the first time humanity or someone else has gone down the bio-engineering path to ruin. I wonder if any AIs survived or their spirits linger still. Who knows

Footnote: by they way yuppa; I like Ikari for the reason he worked his own scenario within Seele and Seele knew and could do nothing about it. Ikari brought the powerful to a state of helplessness and who could do nothing more then watch their plans be hijacked. I like that sort of thinking.

One can always hope corporate scientific thinking will grow a few ethics - yeah right that is the sillyest thing I have written ever.

edit on 4-3-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added footnote and corrected typos, oh and a few points to clarify

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Id rather have an army of cat girls.a reply to: Ohanka

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join