It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial human life could soon be grown in lab after embryo breakthrough

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article:

Artificial human life could soon be grown from scratch in the lab, after scientists successfully created a mammal embryo using only stem cells.

Cambridge University mixed two kinds of mouse stem cells and placed them on a 3D scaffold. After four days of growth in a tank of chemicals designed to mimic conditions inside the womb, the cells formed the structure of a living mouse embryo.

The breakthrough has been described as a ‘masterpiece’ in bioengineering, which could eventually allow scientists to grow artificial human embryos in the lab without the need for a sperm or an egg.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think these things are inevitable and the cat is already out of the bag. We will have artificial human life and we will be able to create new lifeforms. You have a lot of technologies that are making waves day after day it seems with new discoveries and breakthroughs. These things will hit us like a tsunami and the world will change faster than it did with the internet.

However such work raises important ethical questions about the sanctity of human life and whether it should be manipulated or created in the lab at all.

Critics warn that allowing embryos to be grown for science opens the door to designer babies and genetically modified humans.

Dr David King, director of the watchdog group, Human Genetics Alert, said: "What concerns me about the possibility of artificial embryos is that this may become a route to creating GM or even cloned babies.

"Until there is an enforceable global ban on those possibilities, as we saw with mitochondrial transfer, this kind of research risks doing the scientific groundwork for entrepreneurs, who will use the technologies in countries with no regulation."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

People will want to have designer babies that are genetically superior. There's all kinds of genetic traits that have been discovered and that has yet to be discovered that you can create in genetically modified humans. Here's some more info:

These Superhumans Are Real and Their DNA Could Be Worth Billions

Drug companies are exploiting rare mutations that make one person nearly immune to pain, another to broken bones

www.bloomberg.com...

Tom Brady, ‘super human’? How genetics may contribute to his success

www.geneticliteracyproject.org...

Imagine people saying, I want a baby like Tom Brady or a baby like Lebron. I want a baby with the IQ of Einstein. I want a glow in the dark baby with super strong skin and unbreakable bones. I want a baby with wings.

DARPA: Genetically Modified Humans For A Super Soldier Army

You’ve seen it as science-fiction on TV or in the movies, but now it’s science-fact. I’m talking about the Pentagon’s DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) creation of a super soldier army with super human abilities achieved through genetic modification. Going on for some years, shrouded in secrecy, these mutants will make future wars totally different games.

The genetic modification of specific human genes will give these soldiers certain characteristics advantageous on the battlefield, giving rise to the most amazing abilities and performances.

www.activistpost.com...

The future is here.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

We are in sooooo much trouble.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Artificial human life could soon be grown in lab after embryo breakthrough

One step closer to Huxley's Brave New World.

Ok two steps.

With the push for Soma/weed legalization.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Combine this with 3d printed DNA.... I don't want to be alive to witness.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Combine this with 3d printed DNA.... I don't want to be alive to witness.

You're just an anti-science bigot.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wait, suddenly there are ethical considerations to be made regarding the viability of life? I say screw it. If it won't live outside of the petri dish now, don't worry about it until it can!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Haha no, I'm a bigot against men who think they are Gods and try to play the role.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And what do they propose will ensoul these bodies?

THAT they won't work out . . . .

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

Why do you think that the soul would be different than regular human beings conceived the ah... usual way?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Eventually we will see the rise of the Human Supremacist Movement where artificial humans, ai and even extraterrestrials will be discriminated against.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Well, if the doctrine of reincarnation is actually so then one must consider what will inhabit the body.

According to the doctrine of reincarnation, a human soul has a succession of linear lives. Identical twins and triplets also works. One can theorise that identical twins are the same soul in non-linear incarnation. That twins diverge in personality indicates some souls can handle dual lives simultaneously well enough.

But can a human soul handle more then two or three lives simultaneously?

So we come to the question; "Who or what can work with multiple lives simultaneously?"

That is the big question for me here. What sort of consciousness/soul can cope with that?

The obvious answer that comes to mind is souls who are used to asexual reproduction where division occures. Not really a human soul characteristic.remember that laboratories like to work with batches of cells as in cloning.

In a nutshell; human souls may not be able to cope with multiple simultaneous lives and not take. That leaves a door open to other non human souls.

(Evil grin) . . . just a theory.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

its that, test tube babes or clay jar kittens...?
i'm sick...weird..
thanks for op!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Dont hate, but I for one can't wait to get me a cat girl sex slave over in Asia.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I see. Interesting. Thank you for taking the time to explain.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Cat-girls are soooo cute . . . .

Pre-orders? When ????

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This is where it could all start to get rather weird.

Remember "Blade Runner"?:

I am morbidly fascinated, but instinctively dread the future. I don't think we should be doing this. Sorry to go all religious on you, but in Revelation it says that only those written in the Book of Life will be resurrected. It could be read that anything artificial that we create has no place in the new earth.

Revelation 20:12; And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Exodus 32:31-32;“Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold! Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written”.

Luke 10:20;Jesus further told His disciples to “rejoice because your names are written in heaven”.

Philippians 4:3“whose names are written in the Book of Life”.

Daniel 12:1; “At that time your people shall be delivered, every one who is found written in the book [of life]”.

Malachi 3:16-17; “Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His name. ‘They shall be Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him’”.

This Book of Life or Book of Remembrance appears through the Old and New Covenant. I realized just how much while writing this post.

I think The Creator has a means of recording us and to use a metaphor will have His own switch over from analogue universe to digital universe. It is that "image" thing and that relates to the soul, too. We are not only in this dimension. We think we are, but we are authorized in Heaven quite literally as well as on the earth.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. (from Roy Batty's "Tears In Rain" speech)

edit on 2-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

Fuyutski: COmmander Gendo.. the next batch of your wifes clones are ready.

Awwright...grow me a copy of a long lost GF.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
the moment we successfully introduce a superior line of hominidae to the world, will be the moment we initiate our own extinction. unless of course we follow up that introduction with some good ol fashioned genocide. but then we hit a conundrum.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
the moment we successfully introduce a superior line of hominidae to the world, will be the moment we initiate our own extinction. unless of course we follow up that introduction with some good ol fashioned genocide. but then we hit a conundrum.

Limiting their lifespans might help. add in a self destructing dna lattice that last around 2-3 yrs(only for full grown models rapidly grown into adults)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So my army of mutant super soldiers can be reality?

The world will be mine I say!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join