It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hillary and CAT former CEO Jim Owens....something big about to go down?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The fact that involves Obama guarantees the media will do its best to not report, downplay or cover up.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I wonder what, if any, their political affiliation is regarding Trump. This is a big hit on a big corporation and I'd expect some funky details to soon follow.

Well...it has apparently been in the works for a LONG time since the case actually was "settled" in 2012. It began in 2009. So for the last 5 years they have been working on this I guess.

Like I said, the timing is what gets me. Makes me wonder if they held off at the request of say a POTUS? At least until after his term in office was up?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
The case on this was from 2000-2009 yet they are just now raiding the CAT HQ today.....seems a mighty long time to wait to raid a place. Timing just seems too perfect.

Sometimes it takes years to accumulate without question enough appropriate evidence to conduct a raid, especially when it spans ten years. Timing may be perfect, but it doesn't mean that it's intentional.

Like I said, the timing is what gets me. Makes me wonder if they held off at the request of say a POTUS? At least until after his term in office was up?

Ah, I see where you're taking it now, and it does hold possibility. For some reason, my brain wasn't acknowledging that it has been 7-ish years--that is a terribly long time, though still not unheard of.
edit on 2-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's as good speculation as any at this point. Politically motivated law enforcement is something to be leery of however. If it is as deep as what this thread is implying, perhaps CAT will be made an example of.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Caterpillar hasn't been doing very well over the last 4 years.

Caterpillar Posts Record 49 Consecutive Months Of Declining Retail Sales

Who knows if this has anything to do with what's happening now? I'm sure one of the ATS members will dig it up, if in fact there is a connection.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well...this is getting interesting. So Jim Owens was the one from the Advisory Board appointed by Obama that actually spoke to push for The U.S.-Panama Trade Promotion Agreement...you know, the one that was so hotly contested because is would open up the ability for large corporations to hide their money....

Here is his full transcript speaking at the Hearing of the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance about it for your viewing pleasure...Hearing

Anywho...the stink was that Panama would become a tax haven:

“A tax haven ... has one of three characteristics: It has no income tax or a very low-rate income tax; it has bank secrecy laws; and it has a history of noncooperation with other countries on exchanging information about tax matters,” Rebecca Wilkins, a senior counsel with Citizens for Tax Justice, a nonpartisan nonprofit that advocates changes in U.S. tax policy, told the Huffington Post in 2011. “Panama has all three of those. ... They’re probably the worst.”

Now that is REALLY funny because of the mess CAT is in now. The fact that this guy was the one that addressed this committee and this Panama TPA was forced by Obama is a bit damning methinks.....but he isn't the only one that was pushing it....so was our old friend Hillary Clinton.

Now I am wondering if this is tying back into the investigation of HRC. Seems there are some deeper connections here than previously thought.

This hearing was also just 3 months after Owens was appointed to the Advisory Board by Obama. Again..timing is a bit crazy right?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And here is the announcement by our embassy in Panama about the act passing with a nice picture of HRC on there..LOL

panama.usembassy.gov...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting....it seems the Panama Papers may come back up over this. In case you don't know about them here is a link to HRC's connections within shady dealings.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Here is the wiki on the Panama Papers that has a lot more detail of the history:

Panama Papers

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If it is as deep as what this thread is implying, perhaps CAT will be made an example of.
The banks were claimed to be too big to fail and were bailed out ...CAT like Harley or Gibson are American brand names that did actually make America great .In this case of CAT it could have been a victim of a parasitical plan to destroy it . There was a trend going back a ways that it was very profitable to destroy companies ....just sayin
edit on 2-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: JinMI

If it is as deep as what this thread is implying, perhaps CAT will be made an example of.
The banks were claimed to be too big to fail and were bailed out ...CAT like Harley or Gibson are American brand names that did actually make America great .In this case of CAT it could have been a victim of a parasitical plan to destroy it . There was a trend going back a ways that it was very profitable to destroy companies ....just sayin

Someone had to have known what was going on and that it was illegal. It was a whistle blower that outed it a while back but that case closed in 2012. The fact this is just now happening is really strange, especially considering all of the ties the CEO at that time had to the former government administration. There is no way he didn't know what he was doing. He even pressed to get more done in Panama, likely to hide more of the taxes there. No wonder they increased profits by around $30 Billion in just 4 years

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Darn I can not talk bad about CAT because my brother in Florida works for them, so I guess I will stick talking about the Mob ties.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Someone had to have known what was going on and that it was illegal
Pay a lawyer enough and even torture can be viewed as legal .CEO's can direct some very creative book keeping by very creative accountants .Some times it takes years for it all to come out . Think Bernie" Madoff types but with bigger connections .

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Last month, Caterpillar said in its annual filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that while it is "unable to predict the outcome or reasonably estimate any potential loss" related to outstanding investigations,it doesn't expect these issues to have a "material adverse effect on the Company's consolidated results of operations, financial position or liquidity."

www.cnbc.com...

No effect!

Even it the stock doesn't tank.

The right thing to do is still to drop it.

Why? The Obama scumbag that was advising US economic policy to offshore to avoid taxes isn't there anymore. The globalists are gone and they want to deal with Trump now. People will be investing hand over fist, get in early make some profits.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well...this is getting interesting. So Jim Owens was the one from the Advisory Board appointed by Obama that actually spoke to push for The U.S.-Panama Trade Promotion Agreement...you know, the one that was so hotly contested because is would open up the ability for large corporations to hide their money....

Here is his full transcript speaking at the Hearing of the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance about it for your viewing pleasure...Hearing

Anywho...the stink was that Panama would become a tax haven:

“A tax haven ... has one of three characteristics: It has no income tax or a very low-rate income tax; it has bank secrecy laws; and it has a history of noncooperation with other countries on exchanging information about tax matters,” Rebecca Wilkins, a senior counsel with Citizens for Tax Justice, a nonpartisan nonprofit that advocates changes in U.S. tax policy, told the Huffington Post in 2011. “Panama has all three of those. ... They’re probably the worst.”

Now that is REALLY funny because of the mess CAT is in now. The fact that this guy was the one that addressed this committee and this Panama TPA was forced by Obama is a bit damning methinks.....but he isn't the only one that was pushing it....so was our old friend Hillary Clinton.

Now I am wondering if this is tying back into the investigation of HRC. Seems there are some deeper connections here than previously thought.

This hearing was also just 3 months after Owens was appointed to the Advisory Board by Obama. Again..timing is a bit crazy right?

Funny how it works out that it is the Democrats working for the big corporations to hide paying their fair share of taxes. The Fake News for decades has been they were for the little guy, lol, what a crock of sheep dip.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
L INK to Forbe's on this.

To me one of the side stories in this is that our taxes on business are sooooooooooooo crazy high that they are driven to take these risks.

I would not be at all surprised if this was put off until after the elections for partisan reasons.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Someone had to have known what was going on and that it was illegal
Pay a lawyer enough and even torture can be viewed as legal .CEO's can direct some very creative book keeping by very creative accountants .Some times it takes years for it all to come out . Think Bernie" Madoff types but with bigger connections .

Really makes you wonder if it is even truly possible to build a giant corporation without illegal activity. I guess as long as you do it creatively and don't get caught until you are a global giant then it's all good once you do get caught.

Anywho...it's hitting the larger news outlets now so we will see how big it gets or if it grows legs. Would be odd if a giant company like this didn't make major headlines for this.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You are definitely on target VC !!!

But please don't drag the Bureau thru the mud on this one, its not their case...............

At least not yet...................

Buck
edit on 2-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
You are definitely on target VC !!!

But please don't drag the Bureau thru the mud on this one, its not their case...............

At least not yet...................

Buck

You are correct....seems Sessions likely knew about this since the spokesperson for the DoJ was the commenter.

A spokesperson for the Dept. of Justice tells Fox News the FDIC Office of Inspector General, IRS Criminal Investigation and the Commerce Dept.'s Office of Export Enforcement were involved in the raid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join