It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disrespect and Presidential addresses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dissing Obama

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell publicly declared in 2010 his party's top priority: Making Obama a one-term president.

Rep. Wilson shouts, 'You lie' to Obama during speech

Is Obama the first president to get heckled during an address to Congress?

Does this party have any moral ground to stand on when it comes to disrespect?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

I thought Trump is the president now.

Make up your minds, can we talk about the last guy or not?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No. Of course not. That's why I laughed at the person who made the thread crying about the Dems disrespecting Trump.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
Dissing Obama

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell publicly declared in 2010 his party's top priority: Making Obama a one-term president.

Obama had been in office how long? Article from 2010 so 2 years and trump has been in office like a couple of months lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Well when a party is complaining about disrespect when it comes to Trump, you are allowed to bring up the times they have shown disrespect to a sitting president.

You can't claim the high ground when you're guilty of the same action you are complaining about.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Back then, the onslaught against Obama had merit.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Obama had been in office how long? Article from 2010 so 2 years and trump has been in office like a couple of months lol.

So you are saying disrespectful behavior is acceptable once someone has been in office for a certain amount of time?

link   

Dissing Obama

I'll tell you a huge difference. The media mercilessly attacked Joe Wilson as a racist for months. In fact anyone who was a vocal critic of Obama were attacked by the same media now claiming to be nothing but journalists in search of the truth.

originally posted by: thesaneone

Well when a party is complaining about disrespect when it comes to Trump, you are allowed to bring up the times they have shown disrespect to a sitting president.

You can't claim the high ground when you're guilty of the same action you are complaining about.

So you're saying Democrats have no moral high ground? The truth is they just have a media/Hollywood/Academia to carry their water. Have you forgotten the Bush years?
edit on 2-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Back then, the onslaught against Obama had merit.

As it does with Trump now.

Wow no trigger sentence of gif, are you tired today. LOL
edit on 2-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I'll tell you a huge difference. The media mercilessly attacked Joe Wilson as a racist for months. In fact anyone who was a vocal critic of Obama were attacked by the same media now claiming to be nothing but journalists in search of the truth.

So you are saying the same is not being done, I mean they are calling people unamerican, unpatriotic, wearing white (so racist)...etc.

Disrespect is disrespect.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So you are saying disrespectful behavior is acceptable once someone has been in office for a certain amount of time?

Lol yeah trumps whole cabinet isnt even approved of yet. Your people had been talking about impeaching him hours after he won. Obama had the intelligence community look like morons using 4chan fan fiction to try and tie trump to putin.
And as for his taxes being released i want obamas school records released because I'm pretty sure he lied to get his scholarship!
edit on 2-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The media mercilessly attacked Joe Wilson as a racist for months.

There is literally a thread on ATS, right now, that accuses the Democrats of supporting the KKK because they wore white.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So you're saying Democrats have no moral high ground? The truth is they just have a media/Hollywood/Academia to carry their water. Have you forgotten the Bush years?

Show me where I said the dems have a high ground to stand on.

Dems are going low and they shouldn't. The are using tactics from the right wing playbook and using it on them, now it is the right who are complaining about disrespect and shady tactics.

The dems think what is good for the goose is good for the gander. That is wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Lol yeah trumps whole cabinet isnt even approved of yet. Your people had been talking about impeaching him hours after he won. Obama had the intelligence community look like morons using 4chan fan fiction to try and tie trump to putin.
And as for his taxes being released i want obamas school records released because I'm pretty sure he lied to get his scholarship!

You most likely still think Obama is a Muslim.

You guys attacked and attacked until he released his birth certificate but are perfectly OK with Trump not releasing his taxes and complain whenever dems attack him for not releasing his taxes. Hypocrisy is strong with you people.

As for the Russian thing, now it is Sessions under fire...that is two people in the Trump admin who have been caught lying about Russia.

You know what they say, where there is smoke, there is fire.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Feel free where Obama critics went around calling the guy a rapist,racist,Russian spy, and everything else they can think of.

The left has taken DISRESPECT to a whole new level.

And Obama did LIE.

Lots of times.

From the ACA, to Benghazi, to 'shovel ready'.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheBulk

The media mercilessly attacked Joe Wilson as a racist for months.

There is literally a thread on ATS, right now, that accuses the Democrats of supporting the KKK because they wore white.

and there's about 100 with the words "Democrat" and "Hypocrisy". there's something in the air... yea....

Obama is brought up left and right to make Trump arguments favorable, then ask 'is he still president" when showing the opposite and ...blah blah blah..
all the same

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So you are saying the same is not being done, I mean they are calling people unamerican, unpatriotic, wearing white (so racist)...etc.

Disrespect is disrespect.

Who? The mass media?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

and there's about 100 with the words "Democrat" and "Hypocrisy". there's something in the air... yea....

Obama is brought up left and right to make Trump arguments favorable, then ask 'is he still president" when showing the opposite and ...blah blah blah..
all the same

Obama is only brought up to call out the hypocrisy of the media and their followers. But Democrats are never held to their own standards so it is futile.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The only thing that matters is now it's "the other guy" doing "it" which makes "it" fair game.

Who "the other guy" is and what "it" is are both entirely subject to whichever side of the aisle you happen to sit on. The left is happy to do the same things they complained about the right doing three years ago.

The right is happy to whine about the same things they did to the left three years ago.

The only real difference now is who's complaining about which side of things.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Feel free where Obama critics went around calling the guy a rapist,racist,Russian spy, and everything else they can think of.

The left has taken DISRESPECT to a whole new level.

And Obama did LIE.

Lots of times.

From the ACA, to Benghazi, to 'shovel ready'.

Are you kidding about the racist thing. LOL A Muslim spy. A Muslim, gay...whatever they could throw at him

As for Trump and lies well, look at his record and he has surpassed any sitting president regarding lies and he is only in his first month.

The party of the Republicans, have no moral high ground to stand on. Quit lying about taking "DISRESPECT to a whole new level". That party went just as low as anything you claim the dems have went.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join