It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1227 - Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Trump gives the impression he wants stuff like that left up to the States.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think Cannabis should be totally illegal. Some restrictions need to be in place. It should only be legal for adults to use and sale of it should be regulated and taxed. Growing it for personal use should be legal, but not selling it without a license.

Medical use could allow younger people to use it, but would require a prescription from a doctor to use it. Having all the kids and teachers in school high would not be a good thing, also people high on the job should not be allowed, it still needs to be a controlled substance. I never let my workers smoke at work. But some times I think the were doing it, I never caught them at it though. What they did after work was their own business. How would you like to have a bunch of high people working on your home?

I agree, it should be as controlled as beer. One caveat though, some creative jobs like musicians, artists, etc. may benefit from a little brain adjustment now and then. I have no problem if the musicians at the local bar are a little high. Sometimes it results in better music. Each job has its own rules, no need for government to go that far. Again, just like beer.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
But what are the chances it passing the house, senate, and Trump?

Wish in one hand, you know what in private prisons pockets

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think Cannabis should be totally illegal. Some restrictions need to be in place. It should only be legal for adults to use and sale of it should be regulated and taxed. Growing it for personal use should be legal, but not selling it without a license.

Medical use could allow younger people to use it, but would require a prescription from a doctor to use it. Having all the kids and teachers in school high would not be a good thing, also people high on the job should not be allowed, it still needs to be a controlled substance. I never let my workers smoke at work. But some times I think the were doing it, I never caught them at it though. What they did after work was their own business. How would you like to have a bunch of high people working on your home?

I agree, it should be as controlled as beer. One caveat though, some creative jobs like musicians, artists, etc. may benefit from a little brain adjustment now and then. I have no problem if the musicians at the local bar are a little high. Sometimes it results in better music. Each job has its own rules, no need for government to go that far. Again, just like beer.

Maybe we should allow Trump to smoke a little bit, actually maybe require him to. It might be better if he gets high and listens to rock and roll, it might keep his foot out of his mouth if he has a joint in it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

It will also be interesting to see whether or not Jeff Sessions accepts that his disgusting, dinosaur like, regressive and utterly invalid supporters on the anti-pot team, lost the argument, assuming it does pass.

I half expect the fool to refuse to acknowledge any legalisation in his deliberations and actions, and cause a stink.

You know, I went for a physical about a year ago and the doctor was also a dinosaur. He essentially said the same thing as Sessions, "I think it is bad but the science community is changing and as a doctor I must accept certain realities, so although I'm not as apposed as I was at one time, I still think is a very bad habit. "

It was such a genuine response, I was grateful for his personal insight. I think Session's is a lot like most old conservative types.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That's the Energy and Commerce committee.

Considering Budweiser and Marlboro are NOT going to allow a competing product to come on the market without getting their cut of the gold..............

It has always been about the money.

Look at the committee members..........
It will be killed long before it ever hits the floor.

Buck

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Nice bill from Cannabis Caucus, more Reps being active in support. The fact that it's Bi Partisan in support should say something to the ones who are leaning and only support that side. This is bigger than the political circus.

More Acts:

Compassionate Access Act
H.R. 715
Rescheduling of marihuana, exclusion of cannabinoids from marihuana, etc.

Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017
H.R. 975
Amending the Controlled Substances Act for new rules

Source

edit on 4-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join