It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1227 - Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Bi-Partisan legislation introduced Feb 27th

Will it gain momentum...?

Would Trump veto, if it made it that far?

www.congress.gov...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

It will also be interesting to see whether or not Jeff Sessions accepts that his disgusting, dinosaur like, regressive and utterly invalid supporters on the anti-pot team, lost the argument, assuming it does pass.

I half expect the fool to refuse to acknowledge any legalisation in his deliberations and actions, and cause a stink.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't expect it to ever get to a floor vote, much less to the president's desk for his signature.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It will also be interesting to see whether or not Jeff Sessions accepts that his disgusting, dinosaur like, regressive and utterly invalid supporters on the anti-pot team, lost the argument, assuming it does pass.

I half expect the fool to refuse to acknowledge any legalisation in his deliberations and actions, and cause a stink.

What's with the bigoted comment?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

He gets his news and opinions from FaceBook where Republican hate is encouraged and commended.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sessions basically said he intends to do his job as described. Not pick and choose which laws to enforce, which trivializes the whole concept of laws.

Hopefully the root of the problem is fixed, by changing the law so that everything is up and up.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's got a good chance, it's the same bill that Bernie introduced in 2015. Basically rescheduling cannabis and treating it like tobacco and alcohol.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

What's with the bigoted comment?

Why not?

Is it against the PC police code of conduct to say mean things?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Yup and I mentioned it/quoted it in several threads mj/sessions threads over the past 3days.

One from yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-3-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If this Bill gets passed it would certainly twist quite a few people's mellow man.

I certainly hope Congress do the sensible thing and pass it. The U.K tend to follow U.S trends and it's about time the U.K Government did the right thing and legalise the growing, selling and consumption of this wonder weed.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't think Cannabis should be totally illegal. Some restrictions need to be in place. It should only be legal for adults to use and sale of it should be regulated and taxed. Growing it for personal use should be legal, but not selling it without a license.

Medical use could allow younger people to use it, but would require a prescription from a doctor to use it. Having all the kids and teachers in school high would not be a good thing, also people high on the job should not be allowed, it still needs to be a controlled substance. I never let my workers smoke at work. But some times I think the were doing it, I never caught them at it though. What they did after work was their own business. How would you like to have a bunch of high people working on your home?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No more than I would like a bunch a drunk dudes working on my house and alcohol is perfectly legal. Do you allow your guys to work inebriated by alcohol?

I think it's a weak argument, no offence.

edit on 2/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Are you kidding? Only big business and the banks are qualified to 'self-regulate'. Us little people got no sense no how.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: rickymouse

No more than I would like a bunch a drunk dudes working on my house and alcohol is perfectly legal. Do you allow your guys to work inebriated by alcohol?

I think it's a weak argument, no offence.

I did not allow drinking on the job either. Whenever friends of mine would get together and work on something, the alcohol came out after the work for the day is done.

I bought a half barrel of beer for my friends when we put the new engine in the mustang back in seventy five, there were a half dozen of us. Well, we pulled the engine out of the comet and stuck it into the mustang in four hours, that meant we were drinking by one. The barrel was gone by that evening and the next day I finished up hooking everything up, but I needed to shorten the driveshaft so brought that to a machine shop and put it in a few days later.

I didn't like my guys working hung over either, but some times they were. There are laws here that if a person hurts himself on the job, it is mandatory to do drug and alcohol tests at the Hospital. That was useful when explaining things to my workers. Now, I would never be allowing a drunk worker on my crew, that is not good business. Hung over, I suppose I overlooked it a few times. My workers knew if they were drunk not to show up. I didn't tolerate drunk workers.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Bi-Partisan legislation introduced Feb 27th Will it gain momentum...? Would Trump veto, if it made it that far?

It would only make it far if you call your reps and urge them to sponsor/vote for it. Also promoting the legislation on social media, change.org petitions, and other avenues like local news papers and what not.

The truth is we can talk about it all we want, but if we, the People, don't do any legwork we'll just get more of the same.

I honestly don't think President Trump would veto the bill if it made it to his desk. People seem to forget that the President and the AG are chief law ENFORCEMENT officers. They, by mandate, must enforce all federal laws currently on the books. You want to end enforcement of a particular law? Change the law or challenge its Constitutionality in court. Otherwise be ready to spend the next 4-8 years disappointed.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think Cannabis should be totally illegal. Some restrictions need to be in place. It should only be legal for adults to use and sale of it should be regulated and taxed. Growing it for personal use should be legal, but not selling it without a license.

Medical use could allow younger people to use it, but would require a prescription from a doctor to use it. Having all the kids and teachers in school high would not be a good thing, also people high on the job should not be allowed, it still needs to be a controlled substance. I never let my workers smoke at work. But some times I think the were doing it, I never caught them at it though. What they did after work was their own business. How would you like to have a bunch of high people working on your home?
ya ya ya blah blah. The arguments gone on too long. Yes there should be regulations. But it should be FINALLY legalized.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Is all the fake news blocking what your eyeballs read and what your ears hear?
Sessions said:

“The U.S. Congress made the possession of marijuana in every state — and the distribution — an illegal act. If that’s something that’s not desired any longer, Congress should pass a law to change the rule.”

This is congress acting on that statement. You should be far more concerned with the lobbyists from the pharmaceutical, alcohol, and tobacco industries fighting this...

But I wouldn't expect you to entirely understand how AMERICAN politics work.
Funny how often you are found on these threads spouting off.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The truth is we can talk about it all we want, but if we, the People, don't do any legwork we'll just get more of the same.

For all interested parties there is a link within the article I linked to in my OP on this issue that allows you to send correspondence to your local representative letting them know where you stand.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
whats sad is Trump has the golden, singular opportunity to come out in front of this and be THE ONE who finally gave Cannabis to the states......and if he doesnt do that....he loses a once in a lifetime chance at true greatness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join