It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit disappointed in those that divide us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Every group has their problem "children".

But, the Neo Cons came in with the attitude MY WAY OR THE HWY.

And that is when the extreme divide began.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's really not the sins of the left versus the sins of the right.

I'd argue that the media, some politicians, and some religious leaders with influence created your so called neo cons in the first place.

So we have a common enemy regardless.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

It's really not the sins of the left versus the sins of the right.

I'd argue that the media, some politicians, and some religious leaders with influence created your so called neo cons in the first place.

So we have a common enemy regardless.

Did you personally experience what happened when the Neo Cons stole the Republican Party?

I was Republican at the time.

This has nothing to do with the Left.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So 100% of the left in office are good, honest, caring, amazing people

And 100% of the right are divisive, neo-con anti-american assholes?

Am I getting this right or am I still not understanding what point you're trying to make?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What's with the hyperbole?

Annee said that before the neocons the GOP was more open to seeking middle ground. It's pretty plain to see.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

So a political group of people upset you with what you feel was a unwavering demeanor, yet, you align with a party not willing to budge and doing everything they can, no matter how deceitful, criminal and unethical it is, to hold this country hostage until everyone accepts their ideology. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

In this thread, I am placing blame on the Media, on people in government, perhaps on religious leaders as that is another position of power where money could be made based on political leanings.

Annee has not presented at all that she agrees with the premise of my thread. Only that the GOP is evil, and that's that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

So a political group of people upset you with what you feel was a unwavering demeanor, yet, you align with a party not willing to budge and doing everything they can, no matter how deceitful, criminal and unethical it is, to hold this country hostage until everyone accepts their ideology. Makes perfect sense.

Some people love their own interpretation of what another poster said.

Did I use the term "Feel". Show me.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: daskakik

Annee has not presented at all that she agrees with the premise of my thread. Only that the GOP is evil, and that's that.

Show me where I called the GOP evil.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What's with the hyperbole?

Annee said that before the neocons the GOP was more open to seeking middle ground. It's pretty plain to see.

Yep.

That's exactly what I said.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Annee has not presented at all that she agrees with the premise of my thread.

Nobody said she did.

Only that the GOP is evil, and that's that.

She didn't say that. She said that they don't want to cooperate.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Annee has not presented at all that she agrees with the premise of my thread.

Nobody said she did.

Only that the GOP is evil, and that's that.

She didn't say that. She said that they don't want to cooperate.

Yes.

And I'm saying when and where it started.

Not what or how it evolved after that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Always glad to find this pull to middle ground... I hope it provides the same reflections for others as well... foundations strengthen on these principles you speak of.

There is an odd element to humans that show glorified emotions when a human excels at an individual action. It is part of the balance in life that enables adaptation for future environmental projections when concepts of details are rationalized to be divided. Most commonly, human processing centers internally that form natural calculations to fit into the environmental surroundings are to indicate one's actions and or abilities to adapt to the surroundings. More people then not, meaning 51% or more) have to pull themselves out of their comfort zones to both, allow for another's truth and existence to encroach on their own and offer the care and respect to a fellow human of togetherness.

How about a video of togetherness that I came across earlier? I skipped the song and fast forwarded to the story... I apologize for any religious input... I tend to avoid religious divide as well. This is the kind of stories and togetherness that we should both input and output at a higher percentage in our lives. The less we talk of negativity, then it will naturally fade away as the reflection of positive things becomes a stronger focus. 6 minutes into the video is what I really want to share with you all!

A great way I reflect on my day... is each step out of bed to the bathroom (like we all do), is not moved forward until the step includes something in life that I am thankful for. It's 11 steps, so I always start my days with 11 positive thoughts. I don't drink or need coffee, even on 3 hours sleep, specifically for this reflection of thought at each awakening.

Thanks again for another good debate! S+F!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I've heard a lot of stuff on youtube is acted out, but regardless...

Those types of messages really, really inspire me. I've seen a lot of situations where it seems that homeless people have more character and integrity than a lot of us.

Sometimes I truly wish I could start a charity to help so many people out... But I don't have the money, time, the know-how, intelligence... Or any of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yes, feel, as in; you think, you believe or you can remove the word entirely, if it makes you happy. Doesn't change the statement one iota, unless you think everyone saw it exactly the way you did, which is a good possibility I suppose.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I've heard a lot of stuff on youtube is acted out, but regardless...

Sure, but one can dream! And, that is how I will live my life... giving what passes into my hands away.

Just be your own charity... create the realities that make you feel good about yourself. As you grow, maybe you invest your finances into the poor sectors instead of move out to the comfy suburbs? I am always looked at as odd when I wander off to other wanderers and establish communication... I simply go there and don't create a bridge.

I do admit that there is a certain level of built of numbness one gets in really impoverished areas. A safety element that I advise include involvement in group settings if the poor sectors are a new experience. The city I grew up has the highest rate of unsolved homicides in the country... and I moved my adult life away for safety concerns myself. My point is... be charity in your actions, don't feel that charity is of something that comes with expert output. It all starts with those exact things that said inspire you... and simply adding a little bit more of it each day. Attitude out-powers knowledge 100 times over.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes, feel, as in; you think, you believe or you can remove the word entirely, if it makes you happy. Doesn't change the statement one iota, unless you think everyone saw it exactly the way you did, which is a good possibility I suppose.

Show me where I said any of that.

Others have used those words in attempts to interpret what I actually said.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Annee was saying that they experienced some bad things in California - I was responding to that, saying there are many bad things in California. Statistics back me up - Some areas of California are extreme. Crime, pollution, political ideology called extreme even by others on the "same side" as them - It's not a great place to use as an example of why things went south, in my opinion. It's just a state that has gone south itself. From nearly a trillion in debt and unfunded liabilities, to crime-rates far above average, to a lot of things.

To blame the GOP for the ills of the people in a state that's been blue all around for years makes no sense to me. I do claim ignorance, though, since I am only 26 and cannot say I know much about the political atmosphere of the time while I was younger, or not alive.

It's just not my place. I'm not pretending 100% of the population are terrible people - No, I'm sure that the majority are just like you and me. But it is statistically speaking, and in my opinion - a place that does have some negative aspects, some very, very negative aspects.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
This particular video may be fake, but I have personally witnessed this same generosity among people in general, in the area where I live.

Just yesterday I had an hour wait between doctor appointments, and since I had to fast for my early appointment, I was hungry and went to the cafeteria to get a spot of lunch. While there I saw a near blind elderly gentleman struggling to get a cup of coffee. I helped him and he started to walk away. I told him to wait, so I could get him a lid for his cup. He said he was fine, but he spilled the coffee while standing in line to pay. He was all upset but "everyone" in line came to help him in some way. I made him another cup; put on a lid, helped him get the rest of his lunch, and after he paid a kind gentleman carried his tray and helped find a seat. Another gentleman found a cleaning rag and started cleaning the coffee from the floor before housekeeping showed up.

While I was eating my lunch, the guy that was sitting behind me got up to leave, he had gotten a bag of pretzels with his meal, he asked me if I wanted the pretzels, he said he was full and he wasn't going to eat them. I took the pretzels to give to my nephew, thanking him for his thoughtfulness and generosity.

I thought of how cordial, kind, and helpful everyone in that cafeteria was being. There were all races, all ages. Everyone was "trying" to make things a little nicer for those around them. I see this a lot and while there are some horrible people doing some horrible things, there are a lot more good people than bad. I think it is time that the evil ones stop getting all the attention.

The people that are struggling to do good should be the ones getting the spotlight, since most people think that they are the odd ones out. There should be more videos going viral about the good people do, and less videos about the bad. After all, where is the surprise in people doing bad?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Deep down I understand that this video may be fake, but the emotions felt by surrounding our lives with positive actions is by no means fake. Humans have a unique capability to decide for ourselves what is real and what is fake.

Example of that is myself... I personally feel that positive actions are the real way to correlate with each other, and that negative actions are mechanisms to isolate individuals from togetherness of other humans (whether to act for personal gain, or a cry for help). This helps explain why a large portion of the group you were in at lunch came together without questioning. Had the group learned that this elderly gentleman was blind due to recently getting pepper sprayed as he attempted to snatch a purse, the group would have naturally shunned his need of help... showed a support to divide against the harmful act on another.

I fully agree that positive actions should be the bulk of news offered to humans. The video I attached is a good example of my point... that news sources focus so much on negativity, that a positive story is discredited to a degree, for the simple fact that humans are taught to look at the negative aspects of things before the positive... I personally feel this is a security mechanism to help establish a safer future for ourselves, but it breeds divide above all.

By no means am I suggesting to ignore the negative aspects of life... just suggesting that moving the negative to be a secondary knowledge source behind the positive aspects is an approach that promotes togetherness before divide.

When I am approached with negativity, I absorb it and move myself away until I get a sense that what positive sense is to be taken awy from the encounter. When approached with a positive sense, I absorb as much as possible, and I don't offer up much care or analysis on negative aspects. Low and behold, I feel positive more then negative... and that was a learned trait, by applying exactly what I just typed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join