It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit disappointed in those that divide us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Annee

Why are you placing blame on a single group of people?

Because I personally experienced it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

a question...

who are "they" why do they want to divide us? What is their ultimate goal.

It's all to easy to point fingers at abstract entities...but deep down..."they" is "US"

Not all countries are like the USA. Why?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

At least you admit that it's based solely on your personal perspective.

Are you saying that a person that personally experienced their car or business being vandalized during riots did not personally experience some tragedy propagated by the left?

Or are you just telling your own personal story, and not pretending that others don't exist - As I may be incorrectly assuming?

And Southern California is a terrible, awful, miserable place - and is known as one of the most liberal places in the USA. They are definitely not overly conservative or taken over by the GOP, so I'm missing your point altogether as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's so rare these days to find someone who just wants to make the world a better place. Without pushing agendas.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Those who profit, or live a cozy lifestyle based on division.

The Media.
Congressman.
Senators.
Presidents/Presidential cabinets.
Politically-driven or affiliated corportations or people...

How many people do you know that have shot and killed another person in a homicide?

How often are such stories presented on the news - And blamed on one political party or another?

How representative do you think this actually is of what occurs in the nation? It's not a very large fraction at all.

Just one example.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The question is - Do you believe I come off as a person with an agenda?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Actually, I have a hard time determining which idiot is more annoying in those videos, the Guy commenting, Rosie, or Don Lemon?

He is there equivalent counterpart on the right and trying to keep the people fighting. Very non constructive and BS ramblings from all three.

edit on 01331America/ChicagoThu, 02 Mar 2017 13:01:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

How many people do you know that have shot and killed another person in a homicide?

Homicide is a broad term. I have a military background so the answer is.......plenty.

I also think part of the division in the US is from a cultural division. Warriors/control....vs....Humanists/compassion

When you elevate War to a industry/business; expect drastic cultural repercussions.

btw....southern California is beautiful, vibrant, and filled with a diversity of wonderful people.

Your ideology is so transparent. Insulting an entire region....you aren't interested in bringing us together are you?

edit on 2-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

I understand your disappointment. Years ago, I thought a lot like you do and was disappointed as well. But since about the year 2000 I realized that people/media and such are less promoting division than they are responding to it and reporting on it. More response, more division. But the truth as made crystal clear by this last election, is that in fact.....the division IS. It exists and its getting wider and wider. More people are becoming ever more vocal about it.

Here's a proposed solution. My belief is that to the extent that the Federal Government interferes in everyone's lives and business, the division gets ever worse! Why? FEAR! See the thing is, the gun rights bunch, I'll use as an example, fear "Federal Legislation" setting up a National Database for a gun registry. They "Fear" National, Federal Government take away of firearms. Same thing with the pro-abortion people. They "Fear" some Federal US Supreme Court overturn of Roe v. Wade outlawing abortion. The problem is.......people fear some blanket Federal prohibition or infringement on their rights.

To the extent we reduce the size of the Federal Government "foot print" on issues better left to the States, the less fear people have. Of course, the "Division" would still be there. But.....pot smokers could move to Colorado, or California. Those who fear firearms could move to Connecticut or New York City or Maryland. Those who favor abortions for birth control can move to California or Tacoma Washington.

If you reduce the size and scope of the Federal Government and limit its authorities and reduce its influence, you'll pay far less in taxes and you'll see more general prosperity. Yea, the divide will be with you always, but at least you won't have to fear every Presidential election near as much.

To an extent, this is already happening. Look at Sanctuary Cities, Counties, etc. They ignore Federal guidelines on immigration enforcement.

Just my thoughts.
Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I guess central Cali qualifies moreso in this case

This list could be summarized as "mostly california"

Are we still surprised?

Looking up negative things - From pollution, to crime, to poverty- California shows up.

If these studies are completely false, along with many other studies ( quick google searches ) showing that California royally sucks in a lot of ways, you can correct me.

Otherwise, I'm coming from a statistical standpoint - Not simply a personal one.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I am totally for reducing the power and scope of the government. I believe states should have a larger budget and more sovereignty, and that some things should be set at the federal level - like no state can choose to allow businesses to just dump pollutants in the river. Just things that obviously need some limitations, but the states can collectively reject a government decision.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Two things to remember. Trump broke the mould for campaigning protocol. The genie is now out of the bottle and is hell to pay. This is been the most acrimonious presidential election ever. The Democrats and the republicans are at each other 's throat.

It is up to both the sensible followers of the Democrats and the Republicans to ensure that their respective leaders to cool it.

To be fair props to Trump he delivered a presidential speech. Not a tweet in sight!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

At least you admit that it's based solely on your personal perspective.

So, you're just going to ignore what Jerry Brown and Goldwater said?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

btw....southern California is beautiful, vibrant, and filled with a diversity of wonderful people.

Yes, it is.

It amazes me if you stereotype the South or Rednecks - - they get all up in arms.

But, stereotyping CA - - well that seems to be perfectly OK.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Our country needs more jobs, less regulation, less taxes, more freedom.

It is more than that. People like every living species has to have space to survive. When private space is reduced it has a negative affect on your psyche.

I am not saying there is not enough space on Earth to accommodate us all, but due to a huge variety of reasons, man prefers to be housed very close to each other.

We were not designed to live like ants. We lose respect for each other when we are all cramped up together. Competition increases, sickness, death, and madness increases.

Just as a visual, any aerial view of any city will do. This video happens to be about the Grand River sewage spill. When you look at the area affected, image the number of people inhabiting the area. Even if everyone of them had a septic tank, management of waste would be extremely difficult.

We need to give each other some space, privacy, and respect. Personally I don't want to know that much about my neighbor. I don't want to know who or what they sleep with. What they eat, when, and where. I don't even want to know what they believe. If it doesn't impact me, if it isn't illegal, and it is not hurting anyone else, keep it to yourself. Too darn much information. Don't crap where you eat, and keep it in your own backyard. The crap is overflowing and it going to destroy us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're going to ignore my statistics, backed by proven data - In favor of your own opinion?

I don't care what someone said. Show me the proof.

I can quote a thousand things I've said.. Why does quoting someone suddenly make that quote more valid?

Don't even know who those people are, or why I should revere their quotes.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You're going to ignore my statistics, backed by proven data - In favor of your own opinion?

What are they actually showing?

Make a list of 10 most "whatever" and someone has to end up in the #1 slot but what does it really mean?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It means that those places are peaceful, environmentally responsible, have wonderful people and everyone is equal because most people are liberals and equality is there thing, as well as environmental protection, and living peacefully.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

For the record, I hate holier-than-thou types like Ted Cruz as much as I hate toxic people like Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi. I don't believe religion has a place in politics, but I believe that some on the left have definitely adopted holier-than-thou attitudes, pretending they are the chosen ones and should dictate the future.

But the whole premise of this thread isn't left versus right - it's politicians and the media versus the citizens.

I believe you and I can get along.

I do not believe me and Ted Cruz would get along.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It could also mean that you are reading what you want into it and you are the same type of person that you claim to be disappointed in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join