It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit disappointed in those that divide us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know, I'm just a bit disappointed today.

Not too mad, or anything - The rant section is where I vent out anger, and this is not anger. It's solemn contemplation about how this nation could improve when those with the loudest voices would do all they can to deny progress.

The Media in general... Along with celebrities, past presidents including Clintons, Obama, Sports heroes, and others are all in unique positions - They have a large fan base. People listen to them when they speak, these people receive an amount of coverage no average citizen or group could hope to receive - And what do they do with this coverage? They spread more hate.

Why is this?

Why do we not have more people who contemplate the position they are in - And try to promote progress?

I can already see people responding, blaming the left, blaming the right - But that's just it. This is not needed. It is not reasonable. It's not even a depiction of reality. There's A LOT of common ground we can work on before debating the smaller details.

Our country needs more jobs, less regulation, less taxes, more freedom.

And no, I don't mean Trumps vision of all of the above - I really don't believe one man, or one cabinet can actually achieve all of this. I believe that it takes both parties coming together, and citizens coming together to agree on core concepts - Things that will help everyone. A better economy - More jobs, higher wages, a better standard of living - responsibility to our people and environment- These ideas truly are in the best interest of people on all sides.

Why get hung up on the details?

If we bring in enough jobs to employ all able adults - Everyone benefits. Doesn't matter if you're a minority, a majority, if your currently living in poverty, homeless, etc... An America extremely interested in it's own future is the America we need.

If we create legislation that helps everyone - There is nothing to argue.

But, unfortunately I see people being just as divisive as they've always been. Instead of talking about prosperity - Reducing crime, increasing wages, creating more jobs and careers, and the like - We're going to get hung up on how much ammo a magazine can carry, or what term an abortion should be able to be performed -If at all.

A major hint ? A population that is less divided, has more money, contains less inequality, has better education , and less of a gap between the rich and poor... Is a population in which those other issues diminish at a huge rate.

But, unfortunately, some joke of a person like Whoopi goldberg is going to get on CNN and tell us that we need to stay divided, and divided we just might stay.. Unless we as citizens make the choice to be different.

So, let's choose to be different.

-Deadlyhope

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
To simply put it.

They want us divded.

Divide and conquer

a reply to: deadlyhope

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So, let's choose to be different.

Unfortunately, I believe the VAST majority of the population is to brainwashed and indoctrinated to even consider what you are talking about without being taken by the hand and spoon fed the information.

Now doing that would take away from dancing with the stars, football, survivor etc....

Get you priorities straight DH, don't get in the way of the brainwashing.

Most Americans don't want to know this stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: akattgo
To simply put it.

They want us divded.

Divide and conquer

"They" is both sides.

That is what most are completely ignorant about.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I disagree.

I believe there are citizens, with much more in common that we may ever be able to see.

And those that are making damn sure we never see it.

The media, the government - Those that pretend to represent us.

I hardly believe the media is actually "left" or "right". Partisan slants are just a way to divide us, and increase their ratings. Pick petty issues, make sure we disagree about something, blow things out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I am just posting this video as I feel it could be the 'poster child' for this thread.

And this crap is equally representative of the divide agenda.

edit on 3 2 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The names I have been called here on ATS doesn't lend itself to healing and bringing the nation back together. But I confess...I called someone a "mook" once and was given the much deserved point deduction and hand spanking.

Yes, "They" want us divided!

But ever since being placed in the "people like you" category; the divisions don't have much impact.
edit on 2-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OP I'm not sure what your motive was for putting this in the Mud-Pit but I couldn't agree more with what you said. We have all heard it said a million times and it needs to sink in now more than ever. United we stand, divided we fall. Do not let our great Nation and great planet fall. We are better than this.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You use the word progress a bunch of times in your OP.

Not everyone wants the same thing so progress doesn't mean the same thing to all people. It really is as simple as that.

edit on 2-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh, I've done my fair share of throwing mud at "liberals" and "conservatives" - But I hadn't been throwing the mud at the right people. Life-long politicians, along with the media, and definitely rich people that purposely divide the nation ( Soros, anyone? ) Is who I should be throwing the mud at.

We have more in common that you think.

A fraction of a percent of "liberals" are violently marching the streets, vandalizing and rioting.
A fraction of a percent of "conservatives" are KKK members, or use their guns for criminal reasons.

Most people on both side just wish for peace - They just don't promote peace, with peace. I believe it is not entirely their own fault, either. I believe we live in a system that's creating these type of people - People who are not taught to think for themselves, question the status quo, people who are not truly educated at all but can regurgitate both the quadratic formula, along with what CNN said about crazy gun-nuts on TV last night. Or what Fox news said about social justice warriors last night.

It seems systematic and intentional. Imagine how much money would be loss if people started believing in Unity... Senators and Congressman alike would have to worry about losing their cozy careers to people who truly wanted to represent the interests of the people- The Media would lose so many viewers overnight their head would spin.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You have to remember that it really takes a certain type of personality to seek out the fame and limelight that allows such a mouthpiece to begin with, and politicians seem to be the worse.

The fact that average America (or average World, really) sucks up the nonsense like a Shark Lift-a-Way (proven to be better than a Dyson, IIRC) is a different problem altogether. The reality that the average "we" is not capable of seeing through or disregarding the garbage pouring out of these mindless mouthpieces is the real problem at hand.

But like some have noted, there is a backbone to the theory that a divide-and-conquer strategy is actively and consciously being deploy in politics and media right now, and the target audience gets more and more apathetic about it by the day.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

My thoughts weren't very organized, I just wrote what was in my head - A frustrated thought within my head.

I believed my state of mind was in the mud, so I posted in the mud pit.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I both agree and disagree with you.

There's certain things I believe A LOT of people would call progress - We aren't meant to see these things, though.

How many people believe a better economy would be a good thing? I'd argue.. almost everyone.
How many people believe that less crime would be a good thing? Same idea...

Now, I realize that an idea - Like improving the economy - Has to have a pathway paved towards that goal, and that not everyone is going to agree on the details.

I do, however, believe that compromise exists in a LOT more places than we will ever be "allowed" to realize.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What I know is Jerry Brown, Governor of California said - - when he first started - - you'd invite your opponent out for dinner and/or drinks - - hash it out until you came to a compromise.

Then the Neo-Cons happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The first part of your post is inviting - It's an interesting conversation piece. I like that idea - Invite your opponent to dinner, and figure things out.

You second post lacks that value, though, in my opinion.

Social justice warriors happened, Neo-cons happened, Libtards and bigoted gun-nuts happened ... Or not.

I think they were all created, designed, systematically encouraged to identify with a specific partisan, and be the worst person they can be within that representation. Not to mention losers are just bound to exist in any population - Cherry picking these losers and thinking they somehow represent an entire ideology is just stupid. Black Lives Matter terrorists are not the spokespeople of liberal ideology, and NRA rednecks are not the spokespeople of conservative ideology.

There's this idea that half the nation inherently must align with ideas that are the polar opposite of the other half.. But I disagree. I believe religion, politics, the media, corporations, etc - Are a huge group that benefit by making us think we are so different.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A bit disappointed in those that divide us.

I don't see the divisions healing anytime soon; in fact getting much, much worse. Some here on ATS even call for a violent revolution. Perhaps the blame game and finger pointing, constant barrage of insults, denigration and outright slander should be addressed before any progress can be made.

Thanks to the toxic atmosphere, I don't really care anymore! I have options to leave for someplace more laid back and friendly. Glad I don't have any kids.
edit on 2-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, this isn't going to be my first time, nor my last time.. But I'm calling for a peaceful revolution.

Immediate actions include deep introspective thinking, meditation, awareness, and independent thought - Followed by discussion, debate, and discourse.

Consequent-consequences include compromise, enhanced empathy, and increased levels of unity.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

The first part of your post is inviting - It's an interesting conversation piece. I like that idea - Invite your opponent to dinner, and figure things out.

You second post lacks that value, though, in my opinion.

I posted what Jerry Brown said.

I was a Republican in CA at that time. I too recognize what the Neo-Cons did. How they negatively affected the Republican party. The Republican party left me, I did not leave it. I do not support the GOP of today.

I do not want to hear about SJWs. The one thing I've taken out of my 70 years of life is: "Be Nice to People". If that's what an SJW is - - then I am one.

Here's a quote from Barry Goldwater. And its exactly what did happen.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Correct, the means is where opposition starts. Sprinkle in pet issues and it falls apart.

It might be popular to say that this is how "they" split the population but people end up on both sides of issues so it would seem that the choice is there.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Why are you placing blame on a single group of people?

The laws and regulations, the budget, the wars this nation enters are not in the sole country of one group of people.

The things you disapprove of HAD to have approval of a democrat - Unless it's an executive order.

Wanting to only talk about Neo-Cons ( what you believe these people to be ) But not wanting to talk about what others believe Social Justice Warriors to be is cognitive dissonance, I believe it's called. You're basically rejecting something because it conflicts with your personal beliefs.

Which doesn't make it any less true, or valid. It only means that your perspective is skewed in favor of your beliefs about the world around you - Which does not apply to you alone - We all have our unique perspectives in this life. We all are wrong about something, or correct about something - But mostly, we all end up in the middle somewhere, since right and wrong, correct and incorrect are subjective themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join