It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Book Deal for Barack and Michelle Obama. Get Your Advance Copy ASAP.!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
One hopes he will write about the shame he feels for the thousands of women and children who died because of him. He could ask for forgiveness and try and find a way to live with himself for the rest of his own miserable life.
edit on 2/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It will be on every celeb and sycophant's coffee table!

The title?...

"We didn't write this! Somebody else made this happen!"

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

No doubt. Buying "the first black presidents" book... in their minds it will be the most ultra super mega virtue signalling prop ever devised by mankind.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Who the hell wants to buy a book written by a racist war criminal?

But what about Michelle?

Book
Pages 1-19 - Intro
"Blah, blah, blah, me, blah, blah, me, me, me, blah, blah.
Page 20 - Main body
"I made it so nobody could get a decent school lunch anywhere in the country."
The End
Page 21 - Credits
"Credits???? Heck, I did that all myself! I don't need to give no stinking credits!!"

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

My wife and I buy books all the time. I will be adding these to the shelf but I will be getting them at goodwill for a dollar like all my other political books. Goodwill is always lousy with them. For a buck I'll take it. Just picked up a Jacki o book last week and the week before that Sarah Palin and condi rice

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They have to put something on the shelf of the billion dollar library being planned for his legacy.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

My wife and I buy books all the time. I will be adding these to the shelf but I will be getting them at goodwill for a dollar like all my other political books. Goodwill is always lousy with them. For a buck I'll take it. Just picked up a Jacki o book last week and the week before that Sarah Palin and condi rice

So you're having a book bonfire soon??

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: dogstar23

Well, I heard on the radio that bookstores are making a comeback. At least here in the Chicago area. People like touching paper and turning a page, they say.

Good. I worry that if the market shrinks too much, real books will become difficult, expensive, or impossible to obtain. I don't want my library to be an EMP away from being erased from existence. I still have books from my great-grandparents. They just wouldn't be the same if they were pixels on a screen!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i'll wait for the reviews by persons like here on ATS...

I just will not Buy any books in which Any of their collective family benefit in any way,,,, money or fame included

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I buy a lot of books. Barack I know to be an excellent writer, I will buy that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wonder how much will be fiction?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
These book deals are in the way of bribes--payment for services rendered. They just use the publishing companies as fronts to move the cash. Of course the books will never make even close to the costs, and the company will write off the loss. And of course they will be ghost-written. And a week after publication, look for them in the bargain bin or the dumpster behind the bookstore.

Other '"legal" ways to bribe are lucrative speaking tours, ghost 'consultancy' jobs, inside investment opportunities, etc.
edit on 2-3-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I wonder how much will be fiction?

I predict 99.2% will be fiction.
And he will refer to himself 3,495,211 times in the books 23 total pages.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

i'll wait for the reviews by persons like here on ATS...

I just will not Buy any books in which Any of their collective family benefit in any way,,,, money or fame included

i would trust the reviews on goodreads before i trust the people here
you will never get an honest review from the members here.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oddly Bush Jr. also has a book out recently.

This whole cashing out of Presidents with books has gotten out of hand, not to mention it "used to be" Presidents had the class to remain silent on things for a good twenty years or so out of respect for their colleagues and the difficulty of the job.

Guess "class" has gone out of style?
It's all about the $$$$ now.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
March 1, 2017

March is coming in like a LION for some and a LAMB for others. For Barack and Michelle Obama, the luck of the Irish is smiling on them, due to a new Book Deal...actually two books... a HIS and a HERS. A deal worth in the neighborhood of $60 million dollars.

""The expectations for the books Michelle and Barack Obama have just signed a deal to write are stratospherically high — considering the often dull literary tradition of books written by former White House occupants.

Typically, such memoirs sell well despite being terribly polite and discreet. They’re intended as an attempt at cementing one’s legacy, not dishing dirt. But both Obamas, who have quietly returned to their life as private citizens, have devoted followings and a way with words.

“There will not be a more eagerly awaited presidential autobiography than the one that he’ll write, because of who he is and because of the fact that people have high expectations for him as a writer,” David Axelrod, who was chief strategist for Obama’s presidential campaigns, said recently on his podcast.

Penguin Random House announced late Tuesday that it had signed the former first couple to a joint book deal — and reportedly it’s a huge one that has set off a whirlwind of gossip in the publishing industry. The Financial Times reported that the deal topped out at $65 million, though other sources have cited amounts simply in the tens of millions of dollars.""

Source A: www.washingtonpost.com... 82-feb1-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?utm_term=.abb51be943bd

Source B: www.foxnews.com...

I wonder whose book will sell the most copies? Barack's or Michelle's? Do people really BUY books these days?

-CareWeMust

LOL...book deals for former POTUS's must be like album sales for musicians. It will be released and in digital format, some massive Obama donor (Bezos) will either buy millions of copies or inflate the sales of it to make people think it's off the charts.

Now let's think with some logic....dems are notorious for asking the most populated slums to vote for them...it will be like the vote...they have an agenda...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
When this thing fails to sell, can I buy copies in bulk?

Idaho winters totally suck. I can heat this place for MONTHS!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I thought " The Jungle Book" had already been written

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

edit on 3 3 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I thought " The Jungle Book" had already been written

Your post is SO about to be deleted....

...truth be told... beer came out of my nose. Thanks.

It's still gonna get deleted...
edit on 3-3-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join