It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Book Deal for Barack and Michelle Obama. Get Your Advance Copy ASAP.!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
March 1, 2017

March is coming in like a LION for some and a LAMB for others. For Barack and Michelle Obama, the luck of the Irish is smiling on them, due to a new Book Deal...actually two books... a HIS and a HERS. A deal worth in the neighborhood of $60 million dollars.

""The expectations for the books Michelle and Barack Obama have just signed a deal to write are stratospherically high — considering the often dull literary tradition of books written by former White House occupants.

Typically, such memoirs sell well despite being terribly polite and discreet. They’re intended as an attempt at cementing one’s legacy, not dishing dirt. But both Obamas, who have quietly returned to their life as private citizens, have devoted followings and a way with words.

“There will not be a more eagerly awaited presidential autobiography than the one that he’ll write, because of who he is and because of the fact that people have high expectations for him as a writer,” David Axelrod, who was chief strategist for Obama’s presidential campaigns, said recently on his podcast.

Penguin Random House announced late Tuesday that it had signed the former first couple to a joint book deal — and reportedly it’s a huge one that has set off a whirlwind of gossip in the publishing industry. The Financial Times reported that the deal topped out at $65 million, though other sources have cited amounts simply in the tens of millions of dollars.""

Source A: www.washingtonpost.com... 82-feb1-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?utm_term=.abb51be943bd

Source B: www.foxnews.com...

I wonder whose book will sell the most copies? Barack's or Michelle's? Do people really BUY books these days?

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I couldn't imagine ever buying a presidents memoir book, but as to whether people but books - absolutely. Of my close friends and family, most don't buy e-books unless it's just a cheap piece of plane ride entertainment.

I don't know what the actual statistics are - I'm assuming print books are waaaay down overall, but this is the kind of book people who want, want to have in physical book form. Plus, the publishing deal probably includes e-book distribution rights as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would imagine the people lining up to buy this book would look eerily similar Rex Manning Day on Empire Records.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I bought the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy when that came out. It was so convenient to have it all in one book. I wish Steven King would do the same thing with The Dark Tower saga.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
After reading Obamas last self aggrandizing fiction, " dreams (of) from my father"... Ill pass on his/their latest fantasy crap.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yeah that book would be about as high on my "want to read" list as Hitler's Mein Kampf would be.
And if it supposed to be a compilation of all Obama's accomplishments, I am sure it will be as short as OJ Simpson's book "My Search for the Real Killers"

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Who the hell wants to buy a book written by a racist war criminal?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I wish Steven King would do the same thing with The Dark Tower saga.

It would be 3 feet tall.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Well, I heard on the radio that bookstores are making a comeback. At least here in the Chicago area. People like touching paper and turning a page, they say.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
After reading Obamas last self aggrandizing fiction, " dreams (of) from my father"... Ill pass on his/their latest fantasy crap.

The last book I've read (for pleasure) was "The Joy of Sex". Gosh..that was a long time ago!

Barack's father was Kenyan. He told his son about his dreams? Maybe I'll look up a synopsis of that book...one day...maybe.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Yea, but I'd still buy it. I want to read it again while I still have a mental image of Roland as a grizzled and chiseled Stevie Ray Vaughn looking dude, before my mental image is erased by Idris Elba. I think McConaughey will pull off The Man in Black.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wonder who will write this book for Obama?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Hopefully 4chan.

Might be worth buying after that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: stosh64

Hopefully 4chan.

Might be worth buying after that.

LMAO

Now THAT I would wait in line to buy.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't read comic books, but if I did I think that I would probably start with the Walking Dead

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Did you just post this thread for the ensuing wank fest?

"I won't be buying this pile of garbage, but I'll post about it!"

Good for you buddy, good for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I haven't read a good fiction book in while....

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I wonder whose book will sell the most copies? Barack's or Michelle's? Do people really BUY books these days?

I doubt anyone with the intelligence required to read would buy either of these books.
edit on 2017/3/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

edit on 2/3/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Who the hell wants to buy a book written by a racist war criminal?

But what about Michelle?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join