It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That character called human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We were having a diner at a local restaurant, a friend and his fiance. His fiance is a psychologist, and the reason she choose her line of work, or the motive was pure and simple, her younger sister was autistic and she believed she could give her a better life, cause the state couldnt, or so she believed.

She emphazised on the importance of human relationships, or more to it she said it like this;" We need human relationships to thrive as a individuals " I looked at her, a woman who had a degree;" So you mean quantity over quality in relationships? " Instead of trying to convince her that her belief was wrong i changed it to another narrative;" Do you think your sister would function better with friends in numbers with simple urges to fulfill their basic needs, or do you think its better with a few qualitative friends that understands her needs? "

I said to myself;" I know what they taught you at school. Is it right or wrong? its not for me to decide, its to keep society working as a functioning machine, to keep people in the illusion of safety in numbers. The only reason we seek shelter in numbers is cause of fear. "

And all she replied with;" Its not the same, its different with my sister " i was annoyed;" Its probably cause you have an emotional investment with her" that was a mere statement from my part.

I wanted her to understand more than one side of the coin and tried to see if i could make her understand both sides, cause she still has an education in psychology;" Describe for me, what human means for you? or even better place it in the ideals of humanity while your at it, think about it for a couple of minutes". She sat quiet so me and my friend could have a friendly chat without someone else interfering with their ideals in a human world.

I took a bite of the food that was getting cold, and me and my friend discussed the latest movies, even just for a couple of minutes.

I knew that she would take all day to come with a definitive answer in her world, so i asked within the time frame given;" So do you have an answer? "

She looked at me and said;" Well, we arent animals, we can make choices and understand those choices, animals cant. Humans can show empathy and be better " In my mind i said " ok, fine, lets do it this way. " I knew the comment i was about to give was gonna hurt, sometimes the reality makes the world into a better place if you understand what we are, instead of believing in ideals;" Does your sister understand the choices she makes? "

And the reply she made;" Its not the same " and i replied;" When you understand that we are all animals, with simple urges and simple needs, why we do things and not how, you will also find out that everything you learned in school are just words, those words will fit into a narrative of a character, and that character is called human "

My friend saw that the conversation was getting heated, so he stepped in and made a joke and i thought to myself;" Quality over quantity, your friends knows who you truly are, while others are looking for a human to fill their urges "

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
How can I pass this one up? I have a degree in psychology, I worked in mental health with both autistic and mentally ill people, and I have Asperger's.

From my own oddball perspective, being human is an individual experience, and I do believe that everybody experiences it differently. If the psychologist's sister was simply on the Autistic spectrum, I would say that a few friends who could handle her idiosyncracies would work best. For us Aspies, some of us like people and some of us can only handle a few at a time, so that would depend on the particular patient.

To make THE MOST out of her sister being human is perhaps where the psychologist was going with her efforts, and that again varies so widely that she'd better see what her sister wants first. Psychologists often have a bad habit of assuming that if you do as they say, your life will be better. Maybe, maybe not.

We are born as an individual, and hopefully we die as one. Whether you use your time in human form to have fun, have a big social life, be professionally successful, or simply enjoy sitting around sampling all the flavors of the cultural soup d'jour, watching TV, and doing all your socializing on the internet, hopefully you won't be regretful at the end of this ride.

As far as your dinner went, hopefully you weren't stuck with the bill.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I consider it in a simple way, what makes you happy, might not make others happy. Does it fit the mold? Probably not. The only thing she needs to learn her sister is to understand cues, but she wants as a psychologist her sister to be as her, cause she consider her happiness universal;" We all Need, We all want " is a chant she plays everyday, all night long..

The dinner, he paid

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How odd.

With my own child, a pediatric neurologist was who initially diagnosed and continued treatment concerning autism. I can see where a psychologist would be of added benefit as well though, just not alone.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Many autistics are said to be "naive" of course there is the delusion of persistence that the only humanoids are earth bound in this system when there are countless world systems, quite a few incarnate all over the place from all over the place.

What is the difference? Well, the conceptual ladder of course.

Many autustics are said to be facinated with how things work and are internal as far as working problems from the inside out, when asked they profess or pontificate without any conceptual fact checking; the reasoning as stated previously... incarnation from a different world system.

Another thing to understand is that they use both sides of the brain near equally so the right and left system gets rather confusing, of course in the spatio-spiritual link the male and female energies fall into disharmony in this system that is more animist in the universal no matter which universe law which is greed/hate/ignorant or delusion based on the conceptual grasped as reality instead of just simply being.

Of course, there are many disembodied "others" born here with their other part elsewhere out "there". This is why meditation is very grounding, it is also universal. The gross physical not lost in greed/hate/ignorance of delusion makes "contact" with their spiritual other in their "gross" form. Of course depending on how far away this link is never broken once such is made, and it is only a mtter of time until their other or twin flame reaches out, there is an earthy appearance once the lower ego self falls... that operates more on what some call an "evil/demonic" level in mythos as asuras/devas the children of gods fighting against titans in domance... the creation and destruction energies. Both can be twisted and used in manipulation, such as an invention meant for useful purposes twisted for destructive purposes or slavery to an unfair system.

The autistic is in my personal opinion an evolution of the species, both hemispheres working at near equal capacity... instead of split or forced into roles of stupidity; what does gender have to do with any work role? Because the animal side one has yet to lay down just cannot focus on work? Look eachother in the eyes and perform a task? They must resort to sexual gratification and other behaviors they are not being paid for in the duties assigned for them to perform?

Of course; there is nothing wrong with understanding animism, those roots go back as far as when we called out of the simplest sugars when the sun started heating up the surface of the earth enough to sustain life. When unbound from such notions of concepts one can shake themselves loose from entanglements of "conceptual knowledge" and just observe life. This state is known as "simply living" the senses become unentangled from the conceptual the chain of formation breaks the formation of delusion and illusion of what life or reality actually consists of.

What does this have to do with autism? As previously stated what good is conceptual psychology going to do for such people further evolved in a gross/etheral bond than those stuck in the planes of animist past? Monkey see monkey do, mimmics, copies, clones putting the faces of each other on instead of their orginal and wearing it like a mask is sociopathological instead of authentic.

Each being has natural gifts and affinities unique to them, such concepts as dogs having a keen sense of hearing, cats having night vision etc. of course lumping all being the same? Is a system of bias, deprive oneself of seeing and the hearing or taste becomes more pronounced... in such the same manner autistics, have senses very heightened and can become very sensitive where others are dulled.

The reason many do not speak until a later age is that there are no thoughts just observation... of course later, like sponges they start absorbing information then it can become too much and the mind cannot shut up or shut down sleep becomes and issue and over thinking and second guessing can become too difficult. This is where independence is important in such indiviuals to persue interests and hobbies outside of the track of "conformity" being born experimenters.

Montessori is typically a better choice, many people get subjected to subjects and become subject or ruled by whatever it is as a reality instead of just concepts which are not reality... twins creating a unique language only they can understand is a phenomina similar to how all "knowledge is formed.

In a similar manner it does not matter what the large object that this smaller object orbits around is called; sure it can be called; sun, or sol, some even called it god... why? Because it was always there since any could remember it being there, it was worshiped because at night it offered no light in the darkness, making early humans prey for many things unseen. Seeing how it was considered a "god" or life sustainer the darkness or opposite extreme was seen as "evil" when it simply is what it is when such ignorance is not attached.

It would not matter what our conceptual ladder was built on it still is not reality; this is why there are so very many different languages all pointing to the very exact same thing, but there is no comprehension unless that language is learned. When the mind ceases grasping at concepts; what does one think occurs? Pure awareness as things arise it is seen, if the focus is on seeing, if it is smelled or tasted then the focus is on smelling or tasting, if heard then it is simply a sound heard attachment to the conceptual of what is heard is "optional" a vow of silence can help hearing become clear... labeling does not clarify anything in reality.

Label leads to bias; what occurs in that bias? Attachment, what happens in attachment? Suffering, is it useless? Yes, of course in a system of control, where others have none or very little? Then they desire to controls all not oneself, but that self does not exist except in the conceptual ego. Attachment to things unreal... one misses what is real.

In the void of being the center of awareness; there exists feet and eyes and hands... some mythos called the void: Chaos, the reasoning? Is because it was beyond all comprehension... simply due to all the grasping. Cease grasping at ignorant delusions of concept and the void or empty nature of being arises.

None of what has been said has any truth to it; as it is just a conceptual ladder that is void and will collapse itself; only direct experience can really grasp it's meaning in total. Of course what is the point of speaking of such things when in the presence or company of those aware or in such a state of things? It simply is what it is without complication.

Of course with a muddled mind full of nonsense and suffering due to these agreed upon illusions or attachments? Then those around them are going to appear insane; and of course they are...

Why are you swinging a tree branch to paint the house?

Because the brush makes a good stroke.

This is the difference between knowing and not knowing.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I realized i will never pass my philosophy course, im gonna go with a Plato narrative dialogue

thanks for the input!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

When shadows get difficult; there's always cave painting of course one ages graffiti is another ages art. If gollum shows up and says it's precious? Best to not sting him/her too hard on the price of invisibility.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Read the difference between schooling fish and shoaling fish. Schools are named this by the same difference. In the halls, kids will do shoaling (socializing in groups), while in the classroom, they are expected to school. What happens when the teacher is a predictor? The fish will either school in a different direction, or return to shoaling. This is a mirror to the nature of things (Dharma). All animals and humans share the same Dharmas (universal natures). This is where the Bible speaks of overcoming the beast (animal nature). In Genesis 2, we were clothed in animal skin covering our nakedness (no knowledge). All of this is esoteric symbolism for being clothed by knowledge from the toil of our burden of animal nature. To be clothed, we must overcome one nature to put on a new nature. You see this same symbolism carried over to the nature of sheep circling the wilderness. The wool (symbol for sin) is removed, washed and woven into a new robe. In Revelation, those who overcome all gain the same robe as that of Christ, which is woven from the suffering of the Saints. Why do all this? Simulation in an image (hologram). Clothing with knowledge can be given. Clothing with wisdom necessitates seeking, finding and adaptation (simulation).

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

In Buddhism, humans are all Buddha with a Buddha Body. Samsara is suffering, required to remove it. Why? It's the same a all philosophy and the perennial philosophy of overcoming Ego (Self) to be selfless, finding pathos (wisdom) from the hero's journey. Samsara is toil in the garden parallel to Genesis 3 and the fall of man into evolution (Baptism and rising to new life).

Same Same, only different. Purpose by design.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Now tell me your words, I like to hear

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

In awareness all behavoirs can be seen from one spot, volumes can be written and well, I have yet to hear anyone say it...

To: Computers

Thanks!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Those are my words. I could expound if a question or two were asked. Is there another context you need?

top topics

join