It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between lives (YJA2017)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Note: I'm more of a beginner in writing so please forgive me for all the mistakes I made.

Anyways I wrote this a long time ago .

Suddenly I woke up and found myself lying in a desert.
“What the Hell?” I said as I sit up.

This seems odd. This desert looks like it’s the Middle East or North Africa and I don’t recall being part of the Afrika Corps. In fact, I was assigned in the Eastern Front fighting those Communist heathens.
I stood up and look around and found I’m dressed in my Wehrmacht officer uniform.
“This is weird; I wasn’t I in the battle front? I should be wearing my combat uniform! This better be North Africa so I can try to contact the nearest German Garrison” I thought.
If I am in North Africa, at least being shot in the head was just a dream and being assigned in the Afrika Corps is a whole lot better than being assigned fighting in the bitter cold in Eastern Europe.
I look around and decided to go to a random direction. A few minutes later, I came across an Oasis.

“Alright an Oasis, I should get a drink of water.” I thought.
I ran to a lake right near the oasis and started drinking.
Suddenly I sense someone is behind.
I immediately get my luger out my holster and stood up and instantly I saw a light skinned dark haired lady.
“Who are you and what do you want?” I asked.
“Greetings I am the Lady of Wisdom but some religions refer me as Sophia so you may call me Sophia” The lady replied smiling.
“Sophia where the hell I’m I?” I asked.
“Well, you are in the afterlife” Sophia said still smiling.
“What, this is a sick joke right” I exclaimed.
“You really did get kill and you were never assigned in the Afrika Corps” Sophia said.

Instantly I started having memories of myself in the Middle Ages as a Teutonic Knight.
“Before your current incarnation you were a Teutonic Knight in your past life. In fact, you are your own ancestor” Said the lady.
“So you mean my vague memories of being a knight wasn’t really my imagination at all? And I really died?” I asked.
Suddenly a chair came out of nowhere from behind me. Not caring where it came from I sat down there in silence. I got my pistol and try to shoot myself in the head. The gun got jammed and I threw the luger away.
A few minutes later I stood up and asked the lady “What do you want from me?”
“I am here to tell you are going to live again due to your contract.” Sophia replied.
“Tell me why I’m I living again?” I asked.
“Long ago, when you were Medieval Knight, you saved an enchantress who is by the way a devoted follower of mine. For saving her life, she rewarded you with the chance to be reborn.”

“But I don’t want to live again. I mean I don’t see the point of living again after seeing the horrors of living in Earth again. Day after day I see men getting their limbs blown off to pieces. Hell I witnessed atrocities committed by my fellow Germans. No way I’m living again. I want no part of living in hell world.”
“Well this time, it’s going to be different. In fact, this will be the last time you’ll live. A lady will come and be your lover and wife. You are to be bound to her. She will be the key to breaking your cycle of reincarnation.”
Instantly in my right was a projection of a beautiful blonde haired girl.
“I assume that’s my future girl and wife?” I asked.
“Yes. By the way she’s related to someone very important to you” Said the lady.

“Really? In what way?”
“Do you recall the time when you saved a soldier under your command by taking a bullet meant for him.?”
“Yes.”
“Well that soldier was her grandfather. His son grew up to her father.”
“What? No way.”

“That soldier after the war decided to preserve your wealth. He did it because a medium approached him one day and told him that you will back. As a gratitude for saving his life, he decided to safe guard your wealth in hopes one day you will retrieve it back. In fact, he gave specific instructions to his son to safeguard your wealth until your return. He also instructed his son to hire a Psychic so they can tell it’s really you. This soldier came from a very wealthy family.”

Suddenly I turned around and saw my parents.
“Mother and Father?” I asked shocked.
“Oh Karl yes it is us” said mother.

Instantly I hugged my parents.
“You know what happened?” I asked
“Yes I’m sorry it happened.” Said my father.

edit on 3/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Suddenly another projection appeared. This time it showed an unknown couple. A browned skin man and a light skinned woman appeared. The light skinned woman is pregnant. Both couple appeared to be South East Asian. The projection end.
“That child there in her belly will be you.” Said Sophia
“Really?” I asked.

“Unlike your other incarnations, you won’t be born in Germany and you definitely won’t be a rich person. You will be instead born in the Philippines. By this time in your world the year is 1994 and Philippines is no longer part of the US. Do not fear, these people are very loving and will care for you. They have a working class background. Over the next few years they will move to the US along with you in search of opportunities since Philippines at this time isn’t kind to them economically.”

“Why not Germany?” I asked.
“It was their decision; I cannot interfere with their free will. However, you will find your way to Germany eventually. In fact, your parents and the spirits of all the people you’ve known and grew close to will guide and protect you” Sophia replied.

Suddenly another person appeared. He is wearing garment of a Muslim Warrior from the Crusades.
“Al Sadir?” I asked
“Brother, while were fierce enemies in life, in death we are friends. In fact, despite you killing me, you are one of my worthy opponent. Now me and a few others will be protecting and guiding you.” Al Sadir replied.
“I should also add in order to adapt into your new life you will not remember every single detail of all your previous lives. Understand you will be living in a world much different than the 1940s and plus you will be in an unfamiliar land far away from Germany. The land I’m referring is what you people called the United States of America. While Germany and the US are somewhat similar, it is also very different. Retaining your past memories will be hard for you. So you’re going to need to start all over” said Sophia.

“In the first few years of your life you will live in the Philippines. After that, you will be in the US for about two decades. You will spend your childhood, teenage years and college years there.”
“Why not be born in Germany?” I asked.

“Well I can’t say much but all I can tell you is you’re going to learn a lot of lessons.”
“Most people you meet including your parents and future sister with the exception of your future wife and parents in law and a few people, are not connected to your past lives.”
“In addition, you will be given a special gift when you reach the age of 20. You will find out yourself.”
“In time you will meet your future wife and her family. Once you do, you will go back to being part of the German upper class and remember your past lives. I cannot go any further details than that.”

“Your next parents will be compensated well for taking care of you.”
Suddenly crowds of people appeared. I see Knights, Wehrmacht soldiers, Prussian soldiers and many of my family members and friends from all my previous lives.
A projection appeared, this time it appears to be in a hospital with surgeons surrounding the Filipino woman I saw earlier. The lady was lying down holding hands with her husband.

“Understand this: While the future isn’t set in stone most of the time, there are some events that are already predetermined: Discovery of your gift, meeting your wife and her family, and going to Germany. While you have free will, anything that conflicts with either of those will backfire.” Said Sophia.

“And by the way, about that baby. Originally it was supposed to be for someone else, but for the benefit of you, that family and other people you’ve yet to meet we decided to have you occupy that body.”
“Why?” I asked.
“You will be a positive impact to many people. The soul that would have taken that body would not. While you will not remember your past lives and lived a completely different life, you will retain your good qualities.” Said Sophia.

Suddenly another man popped out of nowhere. This man looked like a Native American.
“This is Marco, he came from what is now Guatemala. He is to be your guardian angel”
I shook hands with Marco.
“This man will be your protector. You’ll learn more about him later”
I look the projection and the lady was screaming.
“It’s time to go. Go in front of the projection and step through.” Sophia said.

I stepped in front of the projection. I turned around and waved at all the people I have known and fought with side by side and against. Mother was weeping while the rest of the crowd waved.
“Good bye” I said.

And I stepped into the projection and everything went black.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nice! I like

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Good job mate. High 5! "Slap"

kindest regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Hi starwarsisreal!!

I thought that was great, really enjoyed reading it. I liked the way you wrote about your 'next' life.
My ferret's name is Sophie, lol...I was delighted to see a Sophia in your story. (That's just a weird personal thing with me but I always smile when I see that name.)

If you're not an experienced writer, then I think you should write more. Those of us who write fairly often sometimes have 'blank' days when we can't seem to put a sentence together. (I think I'm having one today, haha...)

S&F
jacy

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Very well done! And you're a beginner, you say? I liked how it flowed, it made sense. And this particular part-

"I got my pistol and try to shoot myself in the head. The gun got jammed and I threw the luger away."

-really caught me off guard but in a good way.

S&F

edit on 2-3-2017 by PageLC14 because: Made an oopsies

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That was really fantastic and I think you've got a knack for writing.

I would read your stories regularly *hint hint*

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Shameless *bump* of thread.

Hope to see you participating in the next contest!!
jacy

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Nice!! Glad you joined in...

AB

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
While I found the changes in tense sometimes jarring, you created a story I really had to get to the end of. Well done

new topics

top topics

join