It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Location vs Brunch Service. YJA2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Second Location vs Brunch Service. YJA2017 Non-writer.

I sit up, hungover and naked in my bed. It's 6am, again. It's always 6am. Ugh, what day is it? Saturday? Ahhh #, brunch service. Ok, ok, ok. Just get up.

Brunch service means I gotta get up now, can't flounder. We open an hour earlier.

As I stretch my toes and arch my back, last nights events come flooding back to me.

I lean back, light up a chesterfield and try to remember all the details. I left the restaurant at 1am and walked east on Grand then south on Lafayette towards Canal. I had my flask on me and was shooting some old crow. That is what rot gut is made from. After a long hard slug I saw some old Chinese men peddling useless trinkets on the sidewalk. Stupid rice farmers, I'm so tired of this. I have to do something. I lit a match and flicked it at them and yelled "You dirty street rats, get outta my city!" They all looked at me in disgust and started talking some gibberish I couldn't understand. I just kept on drinking and walking. This was going to be a good night.

A half block down an old Chinese woman was trying to peddle some counterfeit purses at me. "You want?" She says through her thick accent.

I kicked over her table and grabbed her by the neck and gob out "That's it! I'm through with you and this city......."

Suddenly, all I felt were hands grabbing me and lifting me up. Three young Chinese guys had grabbed me and threw me in a panel van. I sat stunned in silence.

Then, the man in the blue shirt says "Night after night, you walk down our streets, disrespecting our neighborhood and our culture. This ends tonight."

They rifle through my pockets and find the flask of old crow. "Drink!" he says. He hands me the flask and I empty the booze into my belly. It felt warm, good. I wasn't scared. What did it matter. I was ready to die.

"Yeah, so? What now? Mind if I smoke?"
"Go ahead. Enjoy it." He said. The other two start bickering with the driver about some game and being late. Then the van stops.

"Listen" the man in the blue shirt says calmly. "You talk to me, only me. You don't know these type of people."

The door slides open and all I can see is a closed Chinese bakery. Suddenly the below ground delivery gates open and there is a rush of noise.

"Get out and go down those stairs."
Screw it, I thought. The other three men, the two who had grabbed me and the driver were already far down below.

"Wait." He says. He flashes a handgun at me. "Do as I say, and don't mess around."

I hop out the van still slightly drunk. I walked down the stairs through the trash room and stop in a dimly lit storage hallway. I can here talking.

There is a crowd of people all wearing extremely ornate masks. As soon as they see me they quiet down. I can tell that these aren't just Chinese people but whites, blacks, and hispanics. They are all quiet and all staring intensely at me. The man in the blue shirt points to one of two chairs in the crowd and says "sit."

I sit. These people who are staring at me are whispering to one another.

Then, through the light I see another poor sap being pushed through the hallway. A pretty young black girl, maybe 25, maybe. She sits.

She is shivering and scared. Her eyes keep flicking back and forth from person to person. The masks these people wear look like I could be in some crazy New Orleans party. But I'm not. I'm in a basement in Chinatown.

A voice from the crowd says "We take her, we kill him."

"Yes, senator." The crowd responds.

The crowd of masked people start to stomp and hum. The humming gets louder and louder until a man snatches the young girl out of her chair and takes her out of the crowd and down the hallway. Half the masked faces fellow the man and the girl. All I hear is her screaming and then nothing.

The rest of the crowd is glaring at me. They hand me a bottle of alcohol.
Jim bean, better than the old crow. "Drink it" somebody says softly.

Then they start chanting 605, 605, 605.

I chug the pint of booze. Not bad, could be worse. Then I feel a hard knock to my head and blackness.

So, that's it. That's what happened. I feel the back of my head and there's blood. I look at my clock and it reads 6:04. I take a long drag off my cigarette.

Well, damn. At least, I won't have to work today, brunch service is the worst. I hear a knock at my door. I get up to answer it.

The End.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Crikey! What happens after the knock on the door? Waiting mate. Thanks for the worthwhile story.

I want to know what happens next.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

the title alone shoyld give you 3-5 place!
loved it...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Hi TheAlleghenyGentleman!

Well that was interesting (and dark). I liked it, thought it was well done.

As I was reading a few different movies came to mind, lol. Eyes Wide Shut kind of party...7 Psychopaths humour...Groundhog Day mornings...

S&F
jacy

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Guy bites it by the weird masked Chinatown group.

Just so everyone knows this story is just that, a story. In no way do I harbor any racist feelings like these at all. The reason I love living in NYC is the diversity.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Dammit! I wanted him to answer the door and kick butt!

Cheers. Keep writing,

bally

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Good stuff man.

Brunch service is hell.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Part two please!

Bravo!

Now I'm hungry...so get busy...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yeah, seems like everyone actually wants to read about this jerks exact moment of death. I really screwed the pooch on that one for flag and stars.

thank you though for the flag.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Dark and moody. I like!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Dark and moody. I like!

Yes, dark and moody. She sounds hot!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
light up a chesterfield ... to ... I take a long drag off my cigarette.

Attention held. S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank you sir!

top topics

join