It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Creating Shadow Government to Continue his "Legacy"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
is it really that hard to hold trump accountable for the mess ?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I have no doubt that Obama is guilty of multiple crimes.

But who'd prosecute?

Obama is an egomaniac and an asshole who can't shut his mouth for 5 minutes.

But he's keeping in the shadows now, where his hateful cadre plots and plans.

Until he does something so overt that cannot be ignored, he's basically free to plot against the US and the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: mobiusmale

Nothing he is doing is illegal. You guys are just bitter that he won't go away.

Trying to extend Obama's "reign" is not illegal? You do know Presidents can only serve two terms... You know, democrats and the left love to bash these days the Russians, but they are using Putin's handbook just like Putin was controlling Russia when Medvedev was President.

But in this case Obama is not even part of the government but is still trying to control what Trump's administration will try to do.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
is it really that hard to hold trump accountable for the mess ?

Obama's "Organizing for Action" is not about holding President Trump accountable... It is about keeping Obama's policies in place as they try to maintain Obama's legacy.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not sure you understand what Gladio was. There are no secret armies or weapons caches. This is just politics. Silly and ponintless, but politics.

*Waits for Xuenchen to say "How do you know there are no secret armies or weapons caches?"

edit on 2-3-2017 by JimSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dude, your "team" won (somehow).

Obama isn't the big, bad boogeyman anymore. Please, can we stop trying to deflect away from Trump?

You can't keep using Obama ...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
First off, where was this work ethic while obama was president???

All he did was play golf and cry...
At least he is finally off his lazy ass and working...

Anyhow, cry me a river liberals...you lost in 2016

-Chris

He was working on his shadow government

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

He is Not the President Anymore , so Why isn't He in Jail by Now ? God Knows he Deserves it , but Like J Edgar Hoover , he Must have some Very Juicy Secrets on All his Enemies which Explains that.......
edit on 2-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To plan and plot the downfall of the President is to plan and plot the downfall of America and it's people. That's what it is.

Imagine the Dems weren't a political party but were instead just some 'people', would these current activities be acceptable, or even legal? I think not. They would be considered an enemy, rounded up and bounced all the way to jail.

These people are engaging in activities that are intended to undermine and destroy your elected President, they're doing it in your own country and under your very noses. Take away the 'politician' label and look again at what they're doing. Open your eyes and see it for what it is.

What will happen if they're successful in their plot? No more democracy? What's the plan? Another election? What if Trump wins again? More protests? More violence? A coup? What?

Accept the democratic vote and let the new President get on with his job. If he really is as incompetent as the Dems would have you believe he'll bring himself down all on his own without their assistance, and no-one will vote for him ever again. That's how democracy works. Those who don't like or want it should go live in China.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Trying to extend Obama's "reign" is not illegal? You do know Presidents can only serve two terms... You know, democrats and the left love to bash these days the Russians, but they are using Putin's handbook just like Putin was controlling Russia when Medvedev was President.

But in this case Obama is not even part of the government but is still trying to control what Trump's administration will try to do.

Point out how Obama is still the President with three terms. Like I said, nothing he is doing is illegal. You just need to get over it.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That remains to be seen, I think. Only with the passage of time will we learn (and maybe we won't) if Obama has played a role in the incitement of riots, or the leaking of classified information to damage the Trump Administration, or if he played a role in the (alleged) Pay-for-Pay schemes that were at the heart of the Clinton State Department.

As it relates to his current activities to disrupt, "resist" - and perhaps destroy - the Administration that lawfully replaced his, and seeks to end a host of his programs...I would tend to agree that, as the law stands right now, he is legally entitled to engage in rigorous partisan political activities - even though his Term is up.

It was also legal, as the law stood then, for Franklin Delano Roosevelt to get himself elected to four terms in office. And his freedom to do so under the law - and the attendant abuses of power that could flow from extended times in the top office - led to the Twenty-Second Amendment.

As I have argued elsewhere, if Obama keeps it up, and if his activities do indeed lead to the "frustration" of the people's will, in electing Donald Trump to succeed Obama - specifically to change Obama's policies - by grid-locking the Government, or by somehow attempting to oust Trump from office...then Congress will have to take matters into its own hands, and pass a law that prevents former Presidents from engaging in activities designed to have the effect of continuing their hold (or strong influence) on power.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

That remains to be seen, I think. Only with the passage of time will we learn (and maybe we won't) if Obama has played a role in the incitement of riots, or the leaking of classified information to damage the Trump Administration, or if he played a role in the (alleged) Pay-for-Pay schemes that were at the heart of the Clinton State Department.

As it relates to his current activities to disrupt, "resist" - and perhaps destroy - the Administration that lawfully replaced his, and seeks to end a host of his programs...I would tend to agree that, as the law stands right now, he is legally entitled to engage in rigorous partisan political activities - even though his Term is up.

It was also legal, as the law stood then, for Franklin Delano Roosevelt to get himself elected to four terms in office. And his freedom to do so under the law - and the attendant abuses of power that could flow from extended times in the top office - led to the Twenty-Second Amendment.

As I have argued elsewhere, if Obama keeps it up, and if his activities do indeed lead to the "frustration" of the people's will, in electing Donald Trump to succeed Obama - specifically to change Obama's policies - by grid-locking the Government, or by somehow attempting to oust Trump from office...then Congress will have to take matters into its own hands, and pass a law that prevents former Presidents from engaging in activities designed to have the effect of continuing their hold (or strong influence) on power.

This is the same tired song and dance you guys pulled on Obama for the last 8 years. Accuse him of something with no evidence then declare that "time will tell" when asked to produce evidence.

Obama is a US citizen now and can do anything a US citizen can do to resist Trump's Presidency. If that means using his political influence to organize and lead the liberals against him then so be it. It isn't illegal and you are just making # up because you can't stand Obama. Still.

If you want to whine about breaking precedents. Look at Trump first. He has broken more precedents than I care to count.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This is the same tired song and dance you guys pulled on Obama for the last 8 years. Accuse him of something with no evidence then declare that "time will tell" when asked to produce evidence.

Obama is a US citizen now and can do anything a US citizen can do to resist Trump's Presidency. If that means using his political influence to organize and lead the liberals against him then so be it. It isn't illegal and you are just making # up because you can't stand Obama. Still.

You are so immersed in your own argument that you can't seem to see that I agree with you that, under current laws, he is entitled to try to continue to exert his influence and to work against his successor's Admimistration.

My argument is that a law may need to be passed so that this kind of activity becomes illegal. No President who has completed a full 8 year Term, in my opinion, should be allowed to engage in activities that are intended to have the effect of forcing the continuation of the policies adopted during said Term.

This kind of behaviour is undemocratic, and potentially very dangerous.

I chuckle every time I think back to the mock outrage expressed by both Clinton and Obama, when Trump suggested he might not immediately accept the results of November 8th. Now we have both Clinton and Obama actively undermining, demonstrating against, and lobbying for people to "resist" the Trump Presidency.

Quite funny really...

edit on 3-3-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Again. Obama is a private citizen and is entitle to ALL the right afforded to any other private citizen. If you don't like it. Too bad. Changing the laws to suit you would be unamerican.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Again. Obama is a private citizen and is entitle to ALL the right afforded to any other private citizen. If you don't like it. Too bad. Changing the laws to suit you would be unamerican.

Good grief...you are making this a little too personal I think.

My argument, and I will leave it at that, is based on a general principle...ie. I don't believe that any full-term ex-President (not just Obama) should be allowed to conduct themselves in this manner, because it is potentially dangerous to democracy itself.

You disagree. Got it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That's because I see it as an assault on private rights.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

What would my belief in fair immigration and my belief in solidarity against racism have to do with Obama supposedly creating a shadow government?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

My King? I voted against Obama in 2012 and against Hillary in 2016.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He is Not the President Anymore , so Why isn't He in Jail by Now ? God Knows he Deserves it , but Like J Edgar Hoover , he Must have some Very Juicy Secrets on All his Enemies which Explains that.......

That is exactly how it works, they put people in position of power with shady past on purpose.
Or,
They lure them into disgusting situation to control them,

It is working really well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So you want former presidents to lose their right to free speech and freedom of association?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join