It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sessions has just announced a presser this afternoon. Hmmmm...

He has spent 24 hours trying to figure out who knows what and how much space he has to spin within the margins of what is known.

There is a danger that some intelligence wonk is waiting in the weeds for him to offer a dishonest explanation...at which point the other shoe will drop with a more detailed leak.

Of course the truth is the simplest way to shut this down altogether...But something tells me if the truth was an option he would not have kept these meetings under wraps and lied under oath.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's good to remember here that Hillary's lies under oath, and Attorney General Lynch's conflicts of interest, all of which were far more egregious, were not met with the same level of scrutiny and outrage by the parties and the press who are now calling for the resignation and recusal of Sessions.

Shhh we are not allowed to point out the raging hypocrisy of the democrats this time around... we are just supposed to be selectively outraged now.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was as a senator not as SASC. BIG DIFFERENCE. Sessions claims today anyway that it was in that capacity that they met.

Let's not confuse regular senatorial duties with activity of the SASC.
Bottom line is people have questions and concerns and they need to be addressed.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's good to remember here that Hillary's lies under oath, and Attorney General Lynch's conflicts of interest, all of which were far more egregious, were not met with the same level of scrutiny and outrage by the parties and the press who are now calling for the resignation and recusal of Sessions.

These people are carrying out the orders of the MSM. It goes from their airwaves, to their brains.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Probably to resign, it is what normally happens, and no prosecution will occur.

Trump needs him as AG to squash legal challenges and investigations that might threaten the WH and their agenda.
He won't resign.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: The GUT

Recuse at the least; resign and do the President a favor.

Yes, at this point resignation is something I'm hopeful for as well.

He would be doing us all a favor, not just Trump.

Last year, I was railing against Loretta Lynch for not recusing herself from the Hillary private email investigation based on her meeting with Slick Willy on the tarmac. Today, I feel the same regarding Sessions.

How did that work out with Loretta... I find that a bigger issue in Hillary was under investigation and her hubby just happened to get with Lynch privately in the middle of the investigation.

What investigation was Sessions under to warrant anything he did as inappropriate? Kind of Apples and Oranges here, but he does need to explain his reasons to the response to Franken....even though I do a Forehead slap every time I see Franken's name as a senator...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yeah you'll have to show me that because I heard Franken with my own ears and saw him with my own eyes and the question was did he or anyone within the campaign have contact. Not did they speak in regards to the campaign. Just did the campaign have contact.
We already know Roger Stone did, Paul Manifort did, Mike Flynn did and now so did Jeff Sessions.
Tillerson is next.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Probably to resign, it is what normally happens, and no prosecution will occur.

Trump needs him as AG to squash legal challenges and investigations that might threaten the WH and their agenda.
He won't resign.

possible unless they think someone actually has something on Sessions then he will fall on his sword and resign...

It is things like this that make me laugh when folks honestly try to say there is a nickles worth of difference between the parties...

Same stuff new faces...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Not alone and not as a member of SASC. She's already answered this concern and clarified that point.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It wasn't so calm down.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't see the word treason in his post.

You however used it three times.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

and I see you missed my follow up where I said It was used multiple times in the thread, and dozens of times in the last couple weeks...

but whatever..

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

She clarified the meeting. It was not in the Senate armed services committee capacity nor did they ever meet in that capacity.
And she was in a group of senators.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I posted the written question from Leahy.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's also good to remember here that when Hillary's testimony was being razed as untruthful, and AG Lynch did her foolish airport meeting, so many here were advocates of "zero tolerance" and "the law is the law" and "there should be no hint of impropriety" ... are now saying the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It's also good to remember here that when Hillary's testimony was being razed as untruthful, and AG Lynch did her foolish airport meeting, so many here were advocates of "zero tolerance" and "the law is the law" and "there should be no hint of impropriety" ... are now saying the exact opposite.

Yep!

Now they think it's all hunky-dory!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Who would ask that question? It's stupid and one sentence has nothing to do with the other.
That's sort of like ...
In regards to stock in Dyson vacuum cleaners do you own a pet? I really can't even construct a decent comparison because the question is so badly worded.

Sessions having a news conference soon. Let's see.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just a heads up. Sessions is about to speak on this at a press conference. I got a thread up about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the real world...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Funny thing more than half of the Democrats also spoke to the Russian Ambassador as well. More red herring...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join