It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Can't Get Us And Neither Can You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That is a line from a poem I wrote. I thought I posted it on here, but it seems I didn't.

It came to mind when I was in a rare political discussion on my cousin's facebook page. He is a fairly well known musician, so obviously, the discussion was all anti-trump in nature. Would be like here, but OPPOSITE and most people are saying things against Trump.

Well, anyway, someone typed something that reminded me of one of my poems. I said something like 'some seem to have taken the opportunity to be hateful but some don't even know they are doing it, like sleeping people.' I then pointed out that it was different from opposing sides saying the other was 'asleep' . That this was really like sleeping people. They repeat the same sentences in answer. The same talking points over and over.

That would lead one to think they are bots. We have had extra accounts here or trolls, but I haven't seen a bot since a long paragraph of nonsense as a thread. Here I am about 100% certain the people that exhibit this behavior aren't bots. In fact, most are long standing, fairly active to active members. They are just in some sort of trance. They can keep this up about 24 hours a day, too.

Keep in mind, I DO NOT mean this to be directed at all fans of Trump. There are some I have just seen a singular objective and repetitive typing in.

I have kept track. There are some that answered at ALL hours of the day. Made new posts at ALL hours of the day.

I find this to not be possible. I have been online on here at times for 5 hours straight (on a few rare occasions when a big news story happened) if not at work and find others making threads or posting 15 hours straight or 20 hours straight.

Here is my asleep and awake definition. People have to sleep at some point.

Some people aren't. Or they are bots. Or they share accounts. But they type the same exact same things with the exact same wording, often.

This is the last verse of the poem this all reminded me of. It is about a person with multiple personalities. It goes through all of them and and you realize it is one called Charla that is speaking.

"But we're way too strong to be scared,
And cunning too.
They can't get us, and neither can you.
We sent Trina out to be with you,
so sure you were you were safe.
She came running back
in so many tears,
This time she'll hide for years."

It was written with many meanings, but the singular unending push to end any argument against Trump...'they can't get us and neither can you'..
reminded me of this. Deeply.

edit on 1-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Good job. A star for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: womentennisfan

Ty

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'd be willing to say it's a possibility, when people feel passionate about a topic, or have an agenda, they will do what they can to spread that passion/agenda. This isn't solely applicable to trump, or trump fans, though - It happens with a lot of things - Facebook will show you that bots exist for everything from "How to create your own blog ( featuring give me money ) " all the way to posts about Obama, Trump, Hillary - For or against, etc.

It is pretty crazy that people are still pushing the pro or anti-trump messages, though - He's president. Those that are for him should be quiet, the man they wanted got in...and those that oppose him should either organize themselves and act in a way that could actually get him impeached - Assuming there is grounds to do so, or be quiet themselves. Whining just doesn't get anyone anywhere ( Not to say all anti-trump messages are whining, just a majority. ) - Just my opinion, though.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What happened to the rest of it? Don't be shy post the whole damn poem I want to see.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
well nobuddy is perfect...and we all liked bill clintin...
hmmmm he is a cheater!
who like that
trump is believer in prper divorce
not this fake stuff
thanks for the thread
look forward to four years of him and thennnn....
pray all day all morning
what 2021...hhhmmmm
mo

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I partially agree with you. There are bots for everything. But I don;t think I have ever experienced anything quite like this.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Can I be on your list???

Please Please Please!!!

link   

originally posted by: RumLover

What happened to the rest of it? Don't be shy post the whole damn poem I want to see.

I will put it in short stories tomorrow

link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Can I be on your list???

Please Please Please!!!

What list?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Peppy, I don;t want 4 years of Trump. But, otherwise, you will always get a star from me. You are a star!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

“Where there is peace, the warlike man attacks himself.”
-Nietzsche

We're an angry species. If we aren't at war with other nations, we're at war with ourselves.

Don't know about bots, but I can tell you that many are very angry. On both sides, on all sides.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Never complain when your grocery bags are heavy

--Confucius

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Nice post and poem. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: six67seven
Can I be on your list???

Please Please Please!!!

What list?

originally posted by: reldra
I have kept track. There are some that answered at ALL hours of the day. Made new posts at ALL hours of the day.

THE LIST!

You've "kept track" so there must be a list, whether in your head, on paper or on the computer...

Unless you're a bot!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“Where there is peace, the warlike man attacks himself.”
-Nietzsche

We're an angry species. If we aren't at war with other nations, we're at war with ourselves.

Don't know about bots, but I can tell you that many are very angry. On both sides, on all sides.

True. But that is not the point here and coming up with more useful quotes than my poetry is not helping.

We are 'at war' with other nations. see: war on terror. I don't know why we are at war with ourselves, other than mainly, a Christian and Evangelical nightmare keeps slamming itself into politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Never complain when your grocery bags are heavy

--Confucius

Or when your flags are too high for your content.-Reldra
That is for you.

Don't day I never gave you anything.
edit on 1-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Sorry, your title and thread made me think of the quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So you suspect there are "Repeating Timer Bots" at work ?

(there is such a thing, and they are real)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Nice post and poem. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome
I will put the whole poem up tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join