It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Riot at Iraqi Detention Center, 4 dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
US forces opened fire on rioting detainees at the Camp Bucca facility, resulting in four Iraqi deaths, and six injuries. The riot broke out around noon and quickly spread through three compounds. The cause of the riot and the use of lethal force are under investigation by the US Army, as is standard procedure.

cnews.canoe.ca
U.S. guards opened fire Monday on prisoners during a riot at the main detention facility for security detainees, killing four of them, the U.S. command said. Six other prisoners were injured.

The riot broke out shortly after noon at the Camp Bucca internment facility near Umm Qasr in southern Iraq after a routine search for contraband in one of the camp's 10 compounds, the command said in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More good news for the US Army today. If they were in the middle of a full-scale riot, I don't know what else they could be expected to do. That doesn't change the fact that the US is going to get crucified on this. Every time I hear of these kinds of events, I always think back to the Stanford Prison Experiment, by Dr. Philip Zombardo.

If US soldiers are going to be forced to be prison guards, then they should be provided with adequate training to perform the job, safely.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We're probably lucky they didn't kill more. Considering that they are under so much stress and President Bush insists on keeping them there while the backdoor draft is effect. War is hell and these soldiers have been doing the best they can considering the circumstances. I'm suprised people in our armed forces haven't just "snapped" and gone on a killing rampage.

new topics

join