It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Pedophiles Locked Up Under Trump -But Why No Media Coverage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: seasonal

I would imagine that facts hold more water...and charges are not the same as convictions. In the government's we're all potential criminals (war on drugs, see something say something).

Also, charges could mean the crimes that they are allowed to charge the perps with, like for example, sex with a minor, sex with a minor by force/rape, sex with minor while using illegal drugs, sex with a minor across state lines, you get my drift. That's why I asked 400 Charges? What does that mean? What are the "charges"?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Satanic Panic, 2017 Style.

When I start seeing some backup for the wild claims made here, I'll start taking it more seriously.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Remember the migrant crisis in 2014 when tens of thousands of unaccompanied children swarmed over our southern border. It was a real crisis, and those children ended up all over the place. Some came with no documentation whatsoever. The Obama administration relocated many of them to areas within the country and the public was not made aware of where they were being placed.

Some atrocious things happened to some of those children.

Health and Human Services was in charge. This was such a big deal, that Wikipedia even has a page about the 2014 American Immigration Crisis.

This will make you ashamed. No telling how long this went on. Maybe under the current president, people will be arrested and investigations proceed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trafficking and abuse of migrant children resettled by federal officials

In July 2015, a federal indictment revealed a forced-labor ring operating on an egg farm near Marion, Ohio, in which teenagers from Guatemala were being lured with promises of education and then forced to work 12-hour days, six or seven days a week. The teens lived in squalid trailers, were denied their paychecks and threatened with death if they sought help.[33] At least half a dozen of the teenagers found working on the farm had been in the custody of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is charged with the processing, treatment, and placement of unaccompanied migrant children pending the resolution of immigration proceedings. Government officials placed the teens with human traffickers who posed as relatives and friends. Concerns that the Ohio case was indicative of larger, systemic problems led to a Senate inquiry into how human traffickers successfully exploited the federal resettlement processes.[34]

The results of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations' probe were released on January 26, 2016. Led by Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) and Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), the committee found that preventable mistakes were made in the Ohio case. HHS officials failed to run background checks on the sponsors and any secondary caregivers in the households, site visits to the sponsors’ homes were not conducted, and in one instance a sponsor was permitted to prevent a child-welfare case worker from visiting with one of the victims.[35] System-wide, the Senate inquiry found similar, serious gaps including weak processes for verifying relationships between children and sponsors, failure to perform background checks, lack of home visits and home studies, and the placement of children without meeting sponsors in person. Other key deficiencies in HHS policies and procedures were an inability to detect when a sponsor is seeking custody of multiple unrelated children and allowing sponsors to deny HHS from providing post-release services to children and barring contact between HHS care providers and the children.

Ultimately, the inquiry concluded that the policies for placing unaccompanied minors exposed them to a risk of trafficking and other abuse at the hands of government-approved sponsors. The Subcommittee identified more than 10 other cases of post-placement trafficking beyond the Ohio case and 15 additional cases with "serious trafficking indicators."[35] It is unclear how many other unaccompanied minors, placed by HHS, have been victims of trafficking or other abuses. HHS maintains no standardized mechanism of tracking trafficking or abuse cases. However, the findings of the Senate investigation echoed results of an independent investigation by the Associated Press (AP) in which the AP found more than two dozen children who had been placed with sponsors and subjected to sexual abuse, starvation, labor trafficking, or severe abuse and neglect

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I remember that. I was here, a stone's throw away from Murrieta, where protesters shut down the freeway, which forced the busses carrying the children bound for foster homes nearby, to turn around and send them back to "prison detention" centers.

Sad, believe me!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Regarding the operation in Tennessee:

MEMPHIS,TENN (localmemphis.com) - Multiple agencies including the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Shelby County Sheriff's Office and Memphis Police arrested and cited 42 people in Memphis, during Operation Someone Like Me. These agencies teamed up to fight human trafficking, particularly of underage girls in Memphis and Shelby County. The three-day operation included undercover agents from TBI who solicited or sold sex on backpage.com "We will recover more victims we will arrest more buyers were committed to doing anything and everything possible to address this kind of crime," said TBI Director Mark Gwyn. "The women you see advertised online are people, not products we need to be meant to step up and demand better for themselves and the men around them."

localmemphis.com

Nothing whatsoever to do with Trump

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They will still deflect it somehow because Trump just can't do any right, no matter what. Praising Trump for them would be the same thing as stabbing themself in the heart. Just not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Regarding the operation in California:

LOS ANGELES – Authorities say 474 people have been arrested in a multi-day sting operation focused on human trafficking in California. Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell said Tuesday the arrests came after a three-day operation conducted by 30 law enforcement agencies across the state last week. Investigators say as part of the sting, undercover officers posed as prostitutes on street corners and also posted advertisements online.

KTVA.,com

Nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why can't you forget the Trump part and focus on the crime itself and question why the media isn't covering it?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

They will still deflect it somehow because Trump just can't do any right, no matter what. Praising Trump for them would be the same thing as stabbing themself in the heart. Just not going to happen.

It's not deflection. It's the facts. The only misdirection here is the worshipful assignment of everything good to Trump.

Law enforcement does it's job all the time. All of these cases involved LOCAL and STATE law enforcement.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Why can't you forget the Trump part and focus on the crime itself and question why the media isn't covering it?

The media is covering it as I have shown.

The idea that all these cases are connected somehow because Trump has anything to do with it is fabrication from townhall.com, repeated by World Tribune, repeated by the blog that OP cites, repeated by a dozen other biased Echo Chamber sites.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected grammar

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If this is true, and it really is a big IF, more power to him and the police. My only problem is I can't find any supporting stories or evidence this actually happened. At least not from the OP link.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And as to the operation in Texas ..

The operation was part of what's called the National Johns Suppression Initiative -- an annual initiative now in its 13th year. In Harris County, it ran from Jan. 4 through Super Bowl Sunday and netted the most arrests of any agency.

abc13.com

Nothing to do with Trump, in fact, these activities have been carried on for 13 years, as noted.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

If this is true, and it really is a big IF, more power to him and the police. My only problem is I can't find any supporting stories or evidence this actually happened. At least not from the OP link.

Cheers - Dave

ETA: It happened but these are not events connected to Trump or any Federal initiate. See posts from each location's local media.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Regarding the operation in Polk County Florida:

02-15-2017 42 Total Arrests Made During Operation Child Guardian During January and February 2017, PCSO Computer Crimes detectives, PCSO Special Victims Response Team detectives, and PCSO Vice Unit detectives, working with the Florida Department of Corrections Probation and Parole Office and the State Attorney's Office, made 42 total arrests during an undercover investigation focusing on those who prey on children.

News Releases, Polk County Sheriff

Absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump.

This is my problem with certain media. These great efforts ont he part of local and State law enforcement to deal with this major problem on a day-to-day basis ... and the Echo Chamber has to try to twist it and a) make it about Mr. Trump and b) act like these were all just ignored by the media.

It's BS of the worst sort.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I remember that. I was here, a stone's throw away from Murrieta, where protesters shut down the freeway, which forced the busses carrying the children bound for foster homes nearby, to turn around and send them back to "prison detention" centers.

Sad, believe me!

Foster care is rife with opportunities for child abuse. Read this part from the above Wikipedia piece. It makes you sick how inefficient and incompetent our government was.

Ultimately, the inquiry concluded that the policies for placing unaccompanied minors exposed them to a risk of trafficking and other abuse at the hands of government-approved sponsors. The Subcommittee identified more than 10 other cases of post-placement trafficking beyond the Ohio case and 15 additional cases with "serious trafficking indicators."[35] It is unclear how many other unaccompanied minors, placed by HHS, have been victims of trafficking or other abuses. HHS maintains no standardized mechanism of tracking trafficking or abuse cases. However, the findings of the Senate investigation echoed results of an independent investigation by the Associated Press (AP) in which the AP found more than two dozen children who had been placed with sponsors and subjected to sexual abuse, starvation, labor trafficking, or severe abuse and neglect.[36]

On January 25, 2016, the AP reported that in response to surges in the number of unaccompanied minors arriving in the U.S. in the past three years, government officials weakened safety standards related to the transfer of children from government shelters into sponsors' homes and the vetting of sponsors. Specifically, the government stopped fingerprinting most adults seeking to claim the children. In April 2014, the Office of Refugee Resettlement also stopped requiring original copies of birth certificates to prove the identify of most sponsors and later it decided not to complete forms that request sponsors’ personal and identifying information before sending many of the children to sponsors’ homes.[36]

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

This may be more important than you may realize.

When a new police chief comes in the change is immediate. And if the officers are not in line, they will get assistance.

I could be wrong, but Obama did not mention this, Trump already has.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Turns out there is a connection ... still has ZIPPO to do with Trump:

National Johns Suppression, reason.org SEPTEMBER 4, 2015

Every summer, police and prosecutors from around the country come together under the helpful tutelage of Cook County, Illinois, Sheriff Tom Dart to saddle men with criminal records for attempted sex. This year, the good Sheriff's "National Johns Suppression Initiative" netted 961 "sex buyers" across 18 states. Dart described it as a blow against human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of women and children.

Time.com Inside the National Effort to Arrest Men Who Buy Sex

But since 2011, Sheriff Dart’s office has organized the “National Day of Johns Arrests,” now re-named “National Johns Suppression Initiative,” a series of stings coordinated with other jurisdictions over the course of several weeks, aimed at encouraging a permanent change in police practices. Dart’s office now arrests just as many johns per year as sex workers, and with a radically different agenda— while clients are hit with a ticket and fine that can reach $1,300, sex workers are arrested and then offered counseling and job training through the Sheriff’s Women’s Justice Program, which is run by sex trafficking survivors. 60% of the money collected from johns’ fines goes to support the Women’s Justice Program, the other 40% goes to juvenile justice programs.

Cook county does johns stings year-round, but the national initiative happens a few times a year.

And there you have it. Not Trump, the effort was spearheaded NATIONALLY SINCE 2011 by Sheriff Dart of Cook County, IL.

Total research and posting time: 17 minutes.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

This may be more important than you may realize.

When a new police chief comes in the change is immediate. And if the officers are not in line, they will get assistance.

I could be wrong, but Obama did not mention this, Trump already has.

Nothing at all to do with Mr. Trump, as shown.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Regarding the operation in Polk County Florida:

02-15-2017 42 Total Arrests Made During Operation Child Guardian During January and February 2017, PCSO Computer Crimes detectives, PCSO Special Victims Response Team detectives, and PCSO Vice Unit detectives, working with the Florida Department of Corrections Probation and Parole Office and the State Attorney's Office, made 42 total arrests during an undercover investigation focusing on those who prey on children.

News Releases, Polk County Sheriff

Absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump.

This is my problem with certain media. These great efforts ont he part of local and State law enforcement to deal with this major problem on a day-to-day basis ... and the Echo Chamber has to try to twist it and a) make it about Mr. Trump and b) act like these were all just ignored by the media.

It's BS of the worst sort.

But when something negative that has nothing to do with him you will just accept it because it fits your narrative right? I doubt you will go to the lengths you just did with this to disapprove something negative on him.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Enforcing the Law against Human Trafficking - Trump: 1,500 Busts in 1 Month, Obama: Less than 400 in 1 Year
freedomoutpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join