It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant detained after press conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So somebody who is apparently a "Dreamer" immigrant spoke at a planned news conference.

Then suddenly ICE shows and place her under arrest !!

Naturally there were lawyers already there because they hosted a meeting of the minds.

The girl has been "checking in" as required, but her DACA is expired and her renewal application is pending.

Perfect timing.

Immigrant detained after press conference

Moments after an immigrant spoke out about her fears of deportation, she was detained by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

Daniela Vargas, 22, was detained by ICE agents Wednesday morning, shortly after speaking at a news conference in downtown Jackson, according to her attorney, Abby Peterson.

The news conference was hosted by local immigration attorneys, churches and the Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance to bring attention to families impacted by deportation.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
not smart, lol

this is like those police stings where they send notices to people with warrants that they have won a prize and to come collect it....and they do

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Obviously she was a clear and present danger to the wellbeing of our citizens here in the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
She should have been smart enough not to be used politically. Thereby exposing herself to the possibility of being deported.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Obviously she was a clear and present danger to the wellbeing of our citizens here in the US.

Laws are laws. Either you respect all of them, or none of them.

It's not an a la carte menu.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

tell that to Trump and his new stance on immigration...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They should have deported the lawyers as well.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Trump wants to enforce established laws, the same laws presidents before him enforced.

The issue now isn't the laws, or the enforcement of them but who is enforcing them.

It's petty party politics at its finest.
edit on 1-3-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If that was the case, pot wouldn't be becoming legal across the US simply because people reject petty laws.
I am not saying give illegals a pass, but there are far bigger targets to use resources for...was this little woman a rapist, a drug smuggler, or a murderer?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Trump wants to enforce established laws, the same laws presidents before him enforced.

The issue now isn't the laws, or the enforcement of them but who is enforcing them.

And trump is a tax dodger.
Why isn't he being carried away in handcuffs?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If that was the case, pot wouldn't be becoming legal across the US simply because people reject petty laws.
I am not saying give illegals a pass, but there are far bigger targets to use resources for...was this little woman a rapist, a drug smuggler, or a murderer?

I don't get your comparison. Pot is becoming legal because of the actual democratic process of the people's will being voiced, voted on and then implemented. That's how it's supposed to work.

Laws aren't morals. I disagree with many, but until they are changed its still against the law, and breaking them will result in punishment no matter if they are moral or not.

Maybe this one woman was subjected to selective enforcement. Either way the underlying fact is she broke the law and now is paying the consequence.

For that, you can reference my first comment about being foolish enough to be a pawn in someone's political game. She should have thought about it before she put herself in the situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'm for equal application of the law. If there is a case there it should be investigated and he should be charged. Sadly, there are so many that have a high emotional stake in this that its hard to see who actually has altruistic intentions and who is just a brainwashed tool. That actually makes getting a real investigation and prosecution much more difficult.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thats ridiculous.
Where's the proof of this?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe, just maybe....some of these idiots will realize....breaking laws, not good.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Thats ridiculous.

Show me the proof he does pay his taxes.

From what I know, he's been bankrupt a few times. By law he should have his tax returns on file and open to the public because his business(s) failed technically. and were publicly traded.
The man is a fraud, a snake oil salesman.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I don't get your comparison. Pot is becoming legal because of the actual democratic process of the people's will being voiced, voted on and then implemented.

Yep
And it is a democratic process of the people because the people overwhelmingly broke the law to experience, learn, and stop fearing this plant from common burger flipper to presidents.

you follow every law ever to the word and things will never change because there wont be anyone challenging the system based on experience.

I think selective enforcement of these immigration resources is needed, focus on the worse first. those ice members were mucking about targetting someone who did enter legally but just had stayed a big long, meanwhile they most likely know where there are infestations of the worst types of illegals. poor resource managment..like seeing a house on fire and little trash fire across the street..you dont treat the two of equal importance.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Show me the proof he does pay his taxes.

No, back up your claims that he is a tax dodger that should be behind bars. It's your claim, now substantiate it.

From what I know, he's been bankrupt a few times. By law he should have his tax returns on file and open to the public because his business(s) failed technically. and were publicly traded.

What law is that? One you just dreamt up?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Thats ridiculous.

He is a tax dodger..but he used legal means to grift the system. That is the claim, the evidence is him refusing to release his tax returns because it will show zero. Of course if he one day in the far distant future releases them and shows he paid some, then this claim is incorrect..but I suspect, due to having some ability to process information, it is 100% correct..just like many corporations that ended up not just paying nothing in the US, but actually got money from the system.

Your god emperor is a typical big business greaseball.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps looking into why the Father and Brother were arrested may shed some light, maybe not...

Really, if they brought her here at age 7, the family had 15ish years to get THEIR affairs/papers in order and KEEP them in order.

If one is here illegally, it is illegal. I don't see why it is so grey? If I break the law, do you think the courts have an issue with separating me from my family?

mg

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The law was changed by educating the population and tearing down the government propaganda surrounding marijuana. By people that continually lobbied for its legalization.

It didn't change because people broke the law and the states just gave up.

Be serious and don't insult all the people that fought HARD for the change. Sitting around and smoking pot in a basement and just choosing not to follow the law did not create the change. If anything it hindered it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join