It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bay Area Sighting (Large Craft)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Now, im not exactly sure what to make of this. Perhaps my vision is going (i have slightly better than 20/20 lol). If it was real, this thing was huge, and in plain sight in the day time.

I was driving northbound on the local freeway near the East Bay. At approximately 2:21 pm PST, I rounded a bend and the view of the sky above the East Bay became visible.

What I saw was a very friggin large UFO. Due to the fact that I was moving (approx. 65 mph) and directly towards it, id estimate the craft to have been roughly 13-16 miles Northwest of my location.

With the help of a nearby mountain which has a peak of 3800 ft. roughly, the craft appeared to have an altitude of about 3000 - 4000 ft.

The UFO was metallic orange throughout. The shape appeared to be a horizontally oriented rectangle with what looked like spherical shapes on the ends. To estimate the size, it must have been the size of 1-2 modern aircraft carriers. There also appeared to be a number of small white spherical UFO's buzzing the object.

I saw this object for about 15 seconds before a hill got in the way as i rounded another bend. I began readying my phone to take a video of it thinking my eyes are playing tricks on me and that it must be a banner towed by a plane, a blimp or something to that effect.

It took about another 15 - 20 seconds to clear the hill obstruction. As soon as i rounded this bend, i had a full view of the sky. The object had completely vanished. Not a thing in the sky, not even a cloud.

This could just be a coincidence, but within minutes i saw a handful of police vehicles.

Hoping someone else saw this too. Ill be checking mufon and other sources to see if there are other reports of this. Ill also keep an ear to the ground for any local hear say.

ps: sorry for no pictures or video. I literally had my phone ready to record this thing and it was just gone.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Had a rummage around the web but nothing from today Last report was 14th February

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Can you make a sketch of what you saw while it's fresh in your mind?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes give me a bit of time ill have it done shortly.

This is similar to what i saw:

www.ascensionearth2012.org...
edit on 1-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Send a detailed report to mufon.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

10-4 copy that

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: thesaneone

10-4 copy that

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Pictures or it didn't happen

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44

Yes because taking pics when driving 65 mph is so easy.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

I starred you because that comment is a neceasary evil lol.

To reiterate on a serious note in the OP i detail how i only saw the craft for 15 seconds approx. I lost sight of it as i was driving behind a hill for another 15 - 20 seconds. When i had visibility of that area of the sky again there wasnt a thing in the sky not even a cloud.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm guessing over the WC/Concord and near Mt Diablo?

Years ago in a different house in the area, my brother and sister both saw an enormous UFO hovering over Concord, bigger than a football field. Very, very bright lights. Then in a fraction of a second, gone.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yes because taking pics when driving 65 mph is so easy.

ETA: My comment is in reference to bladerunner44's throwaway comment.

Understand, that is a standard method of dismissal devoid of any substance. it is usually employed when the sighting of an unknown is too detailed to explain in conventional terms. Therefore ,"it didn't happen"
edit on 1-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh, gee we have not heard that before, grow up.

OP interesting......MUFON, for sure!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It doesn't seem like sightings like this should happen over places as populated as the bay area, but I believe you. I saw a small black triangle flying overhead between buildings in downtown SF, on the edge of North Beach and Chinatown.

Are you sure the smaller objects were spherical, or could they maybe have been smaller craft with lights?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That's why I don't like to post many sighting on here but living in the desert is one hell of a treat when it comes to strange sightings.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The WC/Concord area has seen numerous UFO's.

My family alone has seen at least three, never mind the crazy close encounter I had with my sister which brought a few MUFON investigators out, where they reported a woman claimed to have been abducted at that same exact time, only a few miles away.

All that's still on the MUFON site btw.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
Do you have a link?
I would like to read that story.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Aliensun

That's why I don't like to post many sighting on here but living in the desert is one hell of a treat when it comes to strange sightings.

Hey, have you thought about setting security cams up facing the sky??? They are pretty affordable now.....not cheap but still if you buy a system with 3 use two for surveillance of your home, and one towards the sky! Just a thought!

I think Art Bell used to have a desert can....wish he did coast to coast!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Can you make a sketch of what you saw while it's fresh in your mind?

warning: please no comments or allusions to this image being a depiction of trumps genitals lol. this is what the ufo looked like approximately.

This is a really crude sketch. The spherical parts on the sides are very much approximate and may have been smaller and symmetric.

The black lines on the rectangle were not necessarily there but i could kind of make out somehing like it, despite being far away.

The black dots were the white spheres and they were rapidly moving and disappearing. however the orange craft was stationary from what i could tell.

The orange markings on the left side of the UFO were additions that a lady made while i was taking a piss lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I do have a nice security cam system but it would defeat the purpose to point them up but I have recorded a unknown craft doing some strange and fast maneuvers out in the distance but when you play it back I can't see anything on the playback, one day I will get a clear video.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join