It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Clinton volunteer slammed, loses job, after swipe at widow of fallen SEAL-"Trump used you"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As thoroughly disgusted as I am at that person, he should not have been fired.

Had he said that at work or tweeted it on a work account, then yes make sure he has a boot print on his ass and send him flying out the door at hyperspeed.

It is not OK for any employer to take an action against anyone for speech outside of the workplace. Criminal activity outside the workplace, yes, but speech, no.

That is not at all the same as seeing one of your people on the evening news, throwing a brick through a window during a riot pretending to be a protest. It's just opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And behold, now conservatives are arguing against eachother. The games are afoot.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If this was 20 years ago... I would agree with you 100%...

But its not, once you put something on the net it is nearly impossible to get rid of, people need to grow up and learn that yes your rants on social media can have consequences.

Taking pot shots at a recent military widow, who husband died on a combat mission... very bad press, most companies would let you go, you are cryptonite after that.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I won't argue with that, but it does not make it right. What you rightly point out is true because we have become unforgiving, we don't give the benefit of the doubt, we don't consider whether or not something was said in the heat of the moment and civility is on holiday.

At some point it's got to turn around and the partisan craziness, which is what I think this was, HAS GOT TO STOP. The only way I see that happening is if sensible people, the usually silent, moderate majority finds a voice.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Obviously left.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

twitter is a tool - its that simple

like any tool - it depends on the intent and motive of its user

give one man an axe - and he will chop you a winters supply of fire wood

another will chop your arms and legs off

but dont blame the axe

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
As thoroughly disgusted as I am at that person, he should not have been fired.

Had he said that at work or tweeted it on a work account, then yes make sure he has a boot print on his ass and send him flying out the door at hyperspeed.

It is not OK for any employer to take an action against anyone for speech outside of the workplace. Criminal activity outside the workplace, yes, but speech, no.

That is not at all the same as seeing one of your people on the evening news, throwing a brick through a window during a riot pretending to be a protest. It's just opinion.

I couldn't agree more unless that company has guidelines set up on how employees can act online they have no right to fire this guy. In fact he may have grounds for a good lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I do not disagree with most of what you said..

this is just the way it is right now, I am not certain it will ever go back to the way it was... To me a part of the problem is he felt he could get away with being nasty in a public situation, its partly the internet and partly his parents screwed the pooch raising him or he drank the koolaid in college.

We have a culture problem, yes the anything for money is absolutely part of the problem, but parents not parenting is a huge problem... parents not being involved is a huge part of the problem.

If I had said something like that when I was a kid/young man... my grandmother would have said cut a switch, my dad would reached for his belt.

With all the hatred and venom being slung around these days we are seeing the result of raising kids that never really see consequences..

Least that is my useless opinion... that and a few bucks can get you a cup of coffee at the 7-11.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

cough... couch.. gold star... cough...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

My question that can't be answered is how far up the line of leaders does this type of attitude go? He worked for both Hillary the faint and Barack (can't say his middle name) Obama.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I agree, the guy that was canned is in a situation that may be a payday. If the company fired him for a snarky comment, they may have also contributed to the slandering of his name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join