It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Clinton volunteer slammed, loses job, after swipe at widow of fallen SEAL-"Trump used you"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: MisterSpock

Twitter is for twats, what good comes of using it.

Well I don't use it, but in a way I am grateful for its existence.

This guy just lost his job because he tweeted something stupid and insensitive. That's great! Good for him. We need more ignorant tools to take to twitter so we can identify who the traitors are.

Um. I guess the irony in that is lost on you?

(Hint: who else is known for tweeting out insensitive and sometimes, shall we say, inaccurate things? Anyone??? Should he lose his job too for that?)

edit on 1-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

If this would damage the ability of the company to sell their crap, then he should be let go. Is he the face of the company?

His opinion should be no reflection on the "crap" if his "crap" of a different nature than what he said.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
No one deserves to be fired for tweeting. If you don't believe in free speech for views and opinions you do not like, you do not believe in free speech.

I second this. His statement was dumb. But I will not cheer for anyone losing their job over a dumb tweet, no matter what their political ideology.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This scumbag was fired from what? Maybe he was cleaning fish tanks, like many Clinton-Obama volunteers are now doing?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I disagree with his statement, but when people start losing their jobs because of political leanings it is going a bit to far. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without fear of repercussions like this.
edit on 1-3-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No one deserves to be fired for tweeting. If you don't believe in free speech for views and opinions you do not like, you do not believe in free speech.

I second this. His statement was dumb. But I will not cheer for anyone losing their job over a dumb tweet, no matter what their political ideology.

Yep. Conservative as I am ... taking this guy's livelihood is pretty bad form.

I hate it ... because it's fostering another round of Political Correctness. Look at what that has wrought.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

What do you suppose his political leaning were?
edit on 1-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Free speech does not mean free from consequences, it means free from Governmental suppression. Political views are not covered by anti-discrimination laws. He is free to express himself on his political views and so is his (former) company. It may suck, but this is the truth of American politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Grambler

Yep. Conservative as I am ... taking this guy's livelihood is pretty bad form.

I hate it ... because it's fostering another round of Political Correctness. Look at what that has wrought.

What everyone here is missing is the fact that he worked for an extremely liberal organization. The overt message constantly spewed by the liberals is one of inclusion, forgiveness, and tolerance. However, in action, they are showing how exclusionary, unforgiving, and intolerant they really are.

Actions speak louder than words.

Just keep showing your true colors, and you will continue to lose followers.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

WOnder how far up the ladder of leaders this type of attitude goes?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

WOnder how far up the ladder of leaders this type of attitude goes?

Ask the deplorables how high that attitude goes.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I saw a lot of dems sitting when the Widow was being mentioned and addressed.
OUTRAGE! Dems REFUSE to stand for Navy SEAL’s widow
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

If a person is fired, they need to be careful. If they say they fired him for a tweet that was not worthy of firing, that can lead to litigation.
edit on 1-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well hopefully they get sued then.

Of course Trump is using her, obviously.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

a reply to: thedigirati

If a person is fired, they need to be careful. If they say they fired him for a tweet that was not worthy of firing, that can lead to litigation.

In almost every state employers can fire you for just about anything so long as they aren't doing something illegal.
According to google Montana is the exception.
edit on 1-3-2017 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I dont know what kind of work he did...

But if enough bad publicity came from his stunt that could impact the success of the company and I would say they are within their rights to fire him...

Everybody trying to get a civil service job has their social media checked, and if you are to crazy or radical on it... you will not get hired.

People should keep their social media private to close friends and family, and only those that keep their private as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I dont know what kind of work he did...

But if enough bad publicity came from his stunt that could impact the success of the company and I would say they are within their rights to fire him...

Everybody trying to get a civil service job has their social media checked, and if you are to crazy or radical on it... you will not get hired.

People should keep their social media private to close friends and family, and only those that keep their private as well.

He worked for a company called Liberty Advisor Group. They are one of those companies that don't do any real work but offer advice/hookups to other companies so they can leech money from them. You can still see a link to his page if you google search Dan Grilo Liberty but the actual page is taken down.

www.libertyadvisorgroup.com... (working link)

www.libertyadvisorgroup.com... (doesn't work)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tehdouglas

So pretty much their entire business hinges on their image.. yea I would fire him...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

In theory that sounds fine. But if this guy has wonderful evaluations and praise all around. Labor attorneys are there for a reason.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Love your response.

He worked for a company called Liberty Advisor Group. They are one of those companies that don't do any real work but offer advice/hookups to other companies so they can leech money from them. You can still see a link to his page if you google search Dan Grilo Liberty but the actual page is taken down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join