It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Clinton volunteer slammed, loses job, after swipe at widow of fallen SEAL-"Trump used you"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A former volunteer for HRC and Obama was tweeting "poorly worded" (stupid and insensitive) comments and has paid the price.

Navy SEAL's widow receives emotional standing ovation

A former Hillary Clinton volunteer drew swift condemnation -- and lost his job -- after mocking the widow of a fallen Navy SEAL who was honored by the president during his congressional address Tuesday night.

Dan Grilo, who said in his Twitter profile that he was a former volunteer for both Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama, made the remarks after Trump paid tribute to Carryn Owens. She is the widow of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, who was killed in a counterterrorism raid in Yemen last month.
www.foxnews.com...

Dan Grilo said that Caryn Owens was clapping like an idiot was not helping her (dead) husband, Trump just used you.

While widely regarded as the most powerful moment of the night, Grilo was not impressed. Responding to a tweet from L.A. Times reporter Matt Pearce, who noted that Owens was crying and overwhelmed, Grilo tweeted:

“Sorry, Owens' wife, you’re not helping yourself or your husband’s memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.”

Got Fired

In a statement, the company said that while the message was from his personal account, "his comments were inconsistent with the Company's values."

"Regardless of whether the comments in the tweet were intended to cause the hurt and anger that they ultimately generated, they were unacceptable to us, and the individual who issued the tweet is no longer affiliated with Liberty," the statement said.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The stupidity continues. Blasting Trump for his tweets but at the same time they all do the same. Social media is a new disease. Screw this guy.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This will look good on his resume.

I don't get twitter.

Twitter is for twats, what good comes of using it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Well he is looking for another job. Good luck finding one, if they do even a little search he will be omitted and not get the job.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I thought we weren't supposed to use the family as pawns anymore

I'm so confused now

its ok again?

link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

~Tenth

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Does this guy think that he was talking? There was and is a record of his poorly thought out tweet.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Twitter is for twats, what good comes of using it.

Well I don't use it, but in a way I am grateful for its existence.

This guy just lost his job because he tweeted something stupid and insensitive. That's great! Good for him. We need more ignorant tools to take to twitter so we can identify who the traitors are.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The worm is turning. These idiots are starting to get fired and castigated for their childish butt hurt behaviour.
Also only a matter of time now before the celebs turn to supporting Trump as they realise it's better for their ratings - which is all they care about - at which point the lemmings like the guy who was fired will start behaving with the pack.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you think Rosie O is going to support Trump? The oscars just happened, it's true you missed it, and that was a Trump hate fest.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No pity for the idiot, it is astonishing that some people are still that stupid when it comes to social media..

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No one deserves to be fired for tweeting. If you don't believe in free speech for views and opinions you do not like, you do not believe in free speech.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I can see your point. He gave an opinion, and it is an unpopular one. But should he be fired? Did he speak bad of his company? Would it make a difference in his job?

Seems like we could see a law suit from this, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you think Rosie O is going to support Trump? The oscars just happened, it's true you missed it, and that was a Trump hate fest.

Give it time. Celebrities will support whatever is best for their careers.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
No one deserves to be fired for tweeting. If you don't believe in free speech for views and opinions you do not like, you do not believe in free speech.

I gave up FaceBook a while back and I have never understood Twitter. I agree with you about free speech, but I work in a field were patients, families and staff have to trust the person they are working with.

If a person presents themselves online, as someone that cannot be trusted, not credible, and potentially would view others as an enemy, then the company cannot afford to keep that person on as an employee.

My advice is, that you never crap were you eat.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I gave up FaceBook a while back and I have never understood Twitter. I agree with you about free speech, but I work in a field were patients, families and staff have to trust the person they are working with.

If a person presents themselves online, as someone that cannot be trusted, not credible, and potentially would view others as an enemy, then the company cannot afford to keep that person on as an employee.

I'm sorry but a tweet could never be an accurate indication of any of those qualities, or any other quality for that matter.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm sorry but a tweet could never be an accurate indication of any of those qualities, or any other quality for that matter.

Again I agree, but we now live in a society were perception overrules truth.

It is what someone "thinks" that matters. It is worse if the person that is doing the distorted thinking is a well paying customer.

I have seen good, strong, talented, employees lose their job over what a well paying and connected costumer "thought". Most companies are going to side with the money, every time.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I agree.

The guy was a douche.

He should be proud of his douche-baggitry.

he shouldn't be punished because he is a douche-bag.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal Trump in memory of him broke a record in his name of longest ovation during such speech no? Like Trump said I'm pretty sure he Owens broke a record.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If this would damage the ability of the company to sell their crap, then he should be let go. Is he the face of the company?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join