It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTRAGE! Dems REFUSE to stand for Navy SEAL’s widow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
During Trump's speech a the joint session of Congress last night, it seems some Democrats refused to stand in honor of the Navy Seal that was killed in action in Yeman a few weeks ago.

Apparently some notice was taken that a few people did not partake in the honor.

If true, this is not a nice thing to do.

The belligerents are losing friends.

Is this story true?

OUTRAGE! Dems REFUSE to stand for Navy SEAL’s widow

This political stunt from President Donald Trump’s speech to the join session of Congress Tuesday was the lowest Democrats have EVER sank, critics say.

During Trump’s stirring speech to Congress, he thanked the widow of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Yemen. As Carryn Owens stood in the balcony of the House chamber, tears streaming down her face as she looked upward and appeared to whisper to her husband, lawmakers stood for two minutes to applaud her sacrifice.

According to The Daily Wire, however, Democratic leaders Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Keith Ellison refused to stand and clap with their fellow elected representatives.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Footage or it didn't happen.

Your source looks shady as f*ck.

And that's saying something because usually I keep that to myself with you.

I'm not even gonna click it in case it's loaded with virus'.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Did you see Trumps speech last night?  He is moving the country from "he is hitler" which is where the left was, now they are saying "he is incompetent and evil", by the end of the year it will be "he gets a lot done we like, but we don't like him".  And in 4 years America will love him.  The most important part of last night's speech is that Trump brought heroes, the Democrats brought illegals.

At some point, we likely have passed it, the anti-Trump protests start turning people who are on the fence to be MORE favorable towards Trump.  These wackos are alienating the middle of the road voter, just like when Reagan was president.  

This latest show of disrespect just loses them more votes.

In 2018 I think the GOP will gain seats, the Democrats have to defend 25, while the GOP only has 10 to defend.  Of the 25 Democrat seats like 12 are in districts won by Trump, and in mid terms Democrats see a MUCH larger drop off in people who actually vote.  So the GOP could end up with super majority, and Trump knows how to rally up the base and get votes out for his side.
edit on 1-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well you either watched the speech or you didn't.

It was pretty obvious to all of us that were actually paying attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with your source, but there are other sources also reporting this. If so, how sad. Just out of one's humanity, you would think they could stand up for this widow of a soldier regardless of any other issue they might have. These kinds of Democrats are messed up in the head AND the heart. Hateful a**holes.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Anyone who stands up deserves you to stand up for their efforts.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

According to The Daily Wire

Not breitbart, or fox?

If they ain't running with it I'm guaranteeing it never happened.

You have the footage of WS & Ellison mistreating this woman's moment?

I'll be happy to retract my statements as I have no love for either of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
special editing vid in 3 2 1...

the dems were disrespectful during the entire speech, but they stood up for certain situations this was one of them.....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well the White House posted video showing those two chuckle heads standing up to applaud the widow so I'm not sure where your source is getting their info. Unless it's making it up, like many of your sources usually do.

www.whitehouse.gov...

49ish minutes in, bottom left of the video, both of them stand up. For the long ovation, it looks like the entire chamber is standing and then about half were sitting after several seconds of applause. So they may have sat down, but so did a lot of other people.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

the horn news

yea that is totally legit

you know this didnt happen but i guess you needed a topic for you 6,000th thread of the day

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I hope that is true.

I was hoping the story was false.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Right?

Shame you decided to post your click bait star-and-flag farming thread rather than do about four minutes of fact checking.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hoax bin is appropriate.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Maybe you should find out if it's true or not before spreading it around. You know, like someone who isn't a propagandist. Fake News Pusher.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Leftists are vile, nasty people who will stand for Castro or Beyounce' but will spit on a widow of a hero.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hoax bin is appropriate.

The "I'm with her" crowd is in full meltdown.

I can't believe Trump won.

I have never had so many belly laughs.

8 years of bliss....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So you admit to spreading Fake News?

How hard was it to fact check this? What are you, CNN?

Post it in the Hoax bin to start and have it moved later if you're going to be such a dubious poster of unchecked information. It seriously would save time, have you ever seen how many HOAX threads you've created?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

So you admit to spreading Fake News?

How hard was it to fact check this? What are you, CNN?

Post it in the Hoax bin to start and have it moved later if you're going to be such a dubious poster of unchecked information. It seriously would save time, have you ever seen how many HOAX threads you've created?

Didn't you just join the site today?
If not, what was your old name?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I thought they finally did for that one. They sat a lot, including the inspirational Pompeii disease girl in the wheelchair, competitive health insurance market, and disadvantaged students being able to pick what school they go to complete with the cute colored girl who rose up from the brink and went on to complete college thanks to getting the chance when she was little.

It wasn't just that the sat, they also kept their arms folded. Not even a half clap for the people involved (while ignoring Trump).
edit on 1-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Fail for spreading hate. You must not have watched it. Everyone stood. Yes, Dems didn't stand for a lot of things when they should have. But THIS, the widow was standing there crying... How could they NOT have stood for her.
Nah man... Don't be a part of the problem.
Edit: ok 3 people didn't stand... That's totally different then all the Dems. Shame on this 3.
edit on 3/1/2017 by MrsPStudge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join