It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican City wall built to keep out Muslims...GO TRUMP!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Grasping at straws much?

Holy cow the idiocy in this thread.

"HAHA Look at the stupid pope, he made a comment about walls, yet lives within a ancient fortress!"

The walls were built in a time when everyone and their uncle who wasn't Roman catholic wanted the pope dead, and a fearful pope started it. And it wasn't mainly "Muslims" who they wanted to keep out, they had no issue with that, at all, because of natural barriers and fortifications all along Spain and Modern Bulgaria.
It was mainly to keep the people from the NORTH out.

Get a grip people, power of the internet at everyone's finger tips and can't even do a little research on a topic that is ridiculously recorded in history.

Also, it's not even an enclosed city, it has massive gaping holes in it, with no gates. The walls were made for more of a crowed control than anything else.

Grasping at straws? The North being who again?

Try re-reading your history books...it was specifically for Muslim raiders that were raiding, plundering and killing.

Sure, the wall today is for crowd control, but when it was built the intention was Muslim control.

Holy cow...the idiocy of your post.

As I said earlier, history repeats itself. There is no changed mind or evolution in thinking. We are the exact same as we were then.

People quote figures on how many people have died by guns. You seem like a history buff of sorts...tell me how many have died by sword or blunt object prior to guns coming into the picture. I can say that number dwarfs the guns by millions...possibly a billion.

Why, you may ask? Because guns and bombs and explosives are new in our long history. Swords and stones and blunt objects are readily found/made...and are what was used. WE don't change, we simply change the instrument of destruction.

Every single religious text....let me know when you find a reference to guns or explosives....yet these are what BILLIONS live by in the world.

Have to wonder why the Vatican Archives are one of the most heavily guarded places in the world....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yeah only we have kind of moved on once the year 855

Saying that the pope done it over a thousand years ago so it's ok for trump to do it now is honestly stupid

By this logic it's also ok for trump to burn Mexicans at the stake

With the way the OP is reaching they should be playing basketball or volleyball.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Saying that the pope done it over a thousand years ago so it's ok for trump to do it now is honestly stupid

With the way the OP is reaching they should be playing basketball or volleyball.

Sorry...do you mean when they played with human heads of dead enemies or now with tiny bikinis? I'm confused.

Your posts are cute..mostly young in thought and occasionally inaccurate.

Anywho....let me know when the Colosseum comes down because the Italians are upset over human slavery and how many slaves were killed there....but don't let me get in the way of your snowflake agenda...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: introvert
Can you provide a statistic that shows an "overcapacity" and how it affects jobs?

Or better yet any indication that a US citizen was denied a job in the fields? Or busing tables? I mean we are not talking about H-1B visa jobs here

Oh, but I am. When I say "No Vacancy, Country closed" I mean that, Fred. As for those field jobs, the nation reintroduces incentives to work, like removing jobless benefits that pay way more than working fields and busing tables. Americans will then take those jobs.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I love how they don't get how stupid this whole argument is

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So, is Trump saying that the USA is still living in the Dark Ages (which was over 1,000 years ago for the rest of us)? Or that he thinks rampaging hordes of Muslims from Mexico are planning on pillaging Arizona?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Liquesence
There are criminals in every group of people; that doesn't mean the entire group, or even a majority, is criminal.

Uhm, by definition anyone entering the US illegally is criminal. Try again.

I'm quite aware of that. That's beside the point.

Point being, the majority didn't come here to engage in criminal activity, and minors didn't have a choice if they were brought here.

Big difference.

There is no "conquering force" of illegals.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Point being, the majority didn't come here to engage in criminal activity, and minors didn't have a choice if they were brought here.

By crossing the legal border of the USA under their own power, any adult illegal absolutely entered the US to engage in criminal behavior. As for the kids, ship them back, too. Country is full, no entrada por favor.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Once the Mexican wall is completed, both it and the one at the Vatican will be functional. If they are functional, they both serve the same, general purpose...to keep some people out. Therefore...if you oppose the Mexican wall, you should demand the destruction of the Vatican wall.

I'm assuming you are of the kind that wanted the Confederate Flag banned? That was old too? I'm assuming you agree that slavery was wrong and should be banned even in countries where it continues? If you disagree with something...you have to disagree with it regardless of history. Stop American Indians from smoking peyote...stop some religions from allowing multiple wives...right?

Equality demands that if it is wrong for one, it is wrong for all.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ridiculous comments by team Trump. There is nothing similar to the two walls. One is designed to keep an entire country out. You cannot enter without a special visa, and the purpose is solely to keep OUT the people from Mexico. The Vatican isn't even totally surrounded by walls.. millions enter the city state yearly. You can get to many areas (some if you buy a ticket. : p ), and the only parts that are more secure, are the parts where they run the affairs of office.

It would much more accurate to portray the secured parts of the Vatican to say.. the White House. Where some parts many people can and do visit, and the bits where they hold office are very secure. I'm sure the Pope isn't suggesting that Trump allows people to waltz into the business-end of the WH.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Wrong.

The Pope would have to first tare down the Vatican wall before he could make that statement without looking like a hypocritical fool.

Allowing that wall to stand and making that statement is absolutely hypocritical because that was still serves the same purpose that it was built for, every minute of every day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join