It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican City wall built to keep out Muslims...GO TRUMP!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Vatican built those walls because Saracens were out to loot and plunder Rome.

Trump wants to build a wall to keep out Mexicans and Central Americans that want to pick our tomatoes so we can have cheap salsa.

edit on 1-3-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MacK80

Why do you think I'm a closed borders guy?

I don't. But I don't think terrorists are stupid idiots that would try to traverse a wall, and they are well funded.

The poor people being blocked aren't the threat, drug dealers cruise through the security checkpoints in Raybans and a Convertible. A wall doesn't stop them.

I'm not someone against security, but 90% of warfare is intelligence and a wall isn't intelligent.
edit on 1-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Do you deny that 60,000 so-called "children" swarmed over our borders in 2014? Guess what? That number doubled in 2015 to about 130,000.

Some of these children had no documentation whatsoever. Some claiming to be 16 or 17 looked more like mid 20's. Whether you want to admit it or not, we had an invasion of sorts in 2014 and 2015.

These "children" were distributed across the country in secrecy. That's right. The public were not allowed to know where the administration was placing them.

Look it up. It is all documented.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Its always a slippery slope to try to compare past mentalities and acceptable practices to present day realities. You should of course study history and try diligently to not make the same mistakes of the past.

By that logic:

Perhaps we should report the US and Allies to the hague for war crimes in WWII. After all we firebombed civilian targets (just ask Tokyo and Dresden) with the goal of killing and maiming and destruction. That surely is a war crime in this day and age.

Don't get me started on the walls of Jerusalem. They were designed to keep out Crusaders (kind of a old timey Taliban), Jews, Arabs, Turks, et al.

etc etc etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Grasping at straws much?

Holy cow the idiocy in this thread.

"HAHA Look at the stupid pope, he made a comment about walls, yet lives within a ancient fortress!"

The walls were built in a time when everyone and their uncle who wasn't Roman catholic wanted the pope dead, and a fearful pope started it. And it wasn't mainly "Muslims" who they wanted to keep out, they had no issue with that, at all, because of natural barriers and fortifications all along Spain and Modern Bulgaria.
It was mainly to keep the people from the NORTH out.

Get a grip people, power of the internet at everyone's finger tips and can't even do a little research on a topic that is ridiculously recorded in history.

Also, it's not even an enclosed city, it has massive gaping holes in it, with no gates. The walls were made for more of a crowed control than anything else.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It is curious that the numbers in the Removal and Return tables don't even come close to adding up to the apprehended numbers in the second link, but...

Removals and Returns through 2015
Apprehensions through 2015

The past 15 years have seen the number of deportations flip-flop with the number of procedural returns. This has created the illusion of "more deportations" in an era in which enforcement has actually declined significantly.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Every expenditure of money on the federal level carries risk of being ineffectual, Look at the money arguably wasted on NASA, Solydra, the bank bailouts, welfare, Obamacare, foreign aid, etc. Conservatives are willing to spend on tangible items, like security, the military, infrastructure. These things conserve what must be protected for America to remain America.

Perhaps we have a different definition of what makes America..."America".

Money is not wasted on NASA. We do not give them enough funds. We spend more on the military and war. That's not "America".

America once invited the huddles masses. The poor, homeless...yearning to be free. Yet, we spit on them for wasting our resources on things like general welfare. That includes Vets.

We sure want to make this country great with a strong military, but screw them when they come home. Why? Because welfare sucks.

Actually I'm talking about to opposite of the duct tape approach. I'm talking about the "OK, the door to the house is broken, instead of doing nothing, jerry rigging a lock, or nailing plywood over the broken door let's install a new freaking door with solid locks and a sturdy frame that will keep this door from being broken again

Yet we fail to understand that the door is always going to be broken. Do you keep fixing the door, or be wise enough to stop and ask why the door is being broken?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It is curious that the numbers in the Removal and Return tables don't even come close to adding up to the apprehended numbers in the second link, but...

The numbers are quite close, with removals and returns slightly-exceeding apprehensions.

This has created the illusion of "more deportations" in an era in which enforcement has actually declined significantly.

Illusion, or is it simply a matter of supply and demand? Less illegals to deal with would also show a drop in numbers.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Yet we fail to understand that the door is always going to be broken. Do you keep fixing the door, or be wise enough to stop and ask why the door is being broken?

The door is broken because it should be a solid wall.

You're a defeatist on this issue. I'm not. I believe we can win this, but to do so is going to cause some folks to be butthurt. As for tired masses yearning to be free, they can look elsewhere at this point. Once America's westward expansion was complete, we no longer needed warm bodies to claim (and defend) land. The country is full, Cerrado, sin entrada.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The numbers are quite close, with removals and returns slightly-exceeding apprehensions.

For 2015 they are close, for 2014 and a few years prior, that's a measurable difference. Not clear on what that's related to... maybe partially due to the influx of juvenile apprehensions during that time frame. Perhaps those individuals counted as apprehensions, but were processed differently or even granted relocation inside the US?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The door is broken because it should be a solid wall.

So no one can come in and no one can go out. That's exactly what I fear.

Do you know who Bill Cooper was? If you do, you may remember he once said, and I am paraphrasing, a militia that forms itself on a peninsula has already created it's own concentration camp.

As for tired masses yearning to be free, they can look elsewhere at this point. Once America's westward expansion was complete, we no longer needed warm bodies to claim (and defend) land.

You forget or refuse to see how this country was built and defended by those that walked through that door you wish was nonexistent.
edit on 1-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

For 2015 they are close, for 2014 and a few years prior, that's a measurable difference. Not clear on what that's related to... maybe partially due to the influx of juvenile apprehensions during that time frame. Perhaps those individuals counted as apprehensions, but were processed differently or even granted relocation inside the US?

I'm not sure. You made a specific claim with an "absolute" approach.

Lay-out the numbers for us and let's get to the bottom of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you know who Bill Cooper was? If you do, you may remember he once said, and I am paraphrasing, a militia that forms itself on a peninsula has already created it's own concentration camp.

The USA isn't a peninsula, though. We're the third largest nation in the world by land mass. it's not exactly like anyone would get cabin fever being "cooped up" inside the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The USA isn't a peninsula, though. We're the third largest nation in the world by land mass. it's not exactly like anyone would get cabin fever being "cooped up" inside the US.

Perhaps you missed the point?

Regardless, you still bypassed the assertion that your door analogy implies we cut ourselves off from the rest of the world and that our nation was built-upon the backs of those you wish to alienate.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Our nation is built and those who participated in the building of it are either here or not by their own volition, nothing else. So long as we have legal Americans lacking jobs, the country is effectively overcapacity and it is self defeating to welcome more bodies into the nation. PERIOD.

As for cutting ourselves off from the world, and? I'm honestly OK with that for awhile. I think you'd find the rest of the world misses us a hell of a lot more than we'd miss the rest of the world. The fact that I'm likely right on the money on that is exactly the revelation that scares the hell out of anyone pushing globalism... if the People realize they really don't need all of these foreign influences, then they realize America is still the greatest show on Earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Our nation is built and those who participated in the building of it are either here or not by their own volition, nothing else. So long as we have legal Americans lacking jobs, the country is effectively overcapacity and it is self defeating to welcome more bodies into the nation. PERIOD.

Can you provide a statistic that shows an "overcapacity" and how it affects jobs?

As for cutting ourselves off from the world, and? I'm honestly OK with that for awhile. I think you'd find the rest of the world misses us a hell of a lot more than we'd miss the rest of the world. The fact that I'm likely right on the money on that is exactly the revelation that scares the hell out of anyone pushing globalism... if the People realize they really don't need all of these foreign influences, then they realize America is still the greatest show on Earth.

So you want to show the world we are a circus?

The "greatest show on Earth"?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Can you provide a statistic that shows an "overcapacity" and how it affects jobs?

Or better yet any indication that a US citizen was denied a job in the fields? Or busing tables? I mean we are not talking about H-1B visa jobs here

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The pope lives in a walled country so he has no credibility when he tells others not to build walls to protect themselves,as long as he is enjoying the security of his wall then he is nothing but a yammering buffoon when he talks about how walls are bad.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it's high time that wall went up. People need to get their own house in order, so I agree with what you're saying. People should have perked up a long time ago to the fact that everything is being sold off to foreign interests. You don't see that happening in China but here they are and they have a lot of vested interest in America.

I really hope it improves quickly, because the landscape isn't looking too good at the moment with Wars, bullying, Illegal coups (a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government) and other such tactics that have been used on other Countries who can't defend themselves, and has been ongoing for decades now. Iraq, Iran, etc.
edit on 1-3-2017 by JugHead because: oops

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Its always a slippery slope to try to compare past mentalities and acceptable practices to present day realities. You should of course study history and try diligently to not make the same mistakes of the past.

By that logic:

Perhaps we should report the US and Allies to the hague for war crimes in WWII. After all we firebombed civilian targets (just ask Tokyo and Dresden) with the goal of killing and maiming and destruction. That surely is a war crime in this day and age.

Don't get me started on the walls of Jerusalem. They were designed to keep out Crusaders (kind of a old timey Taliban), Jews, Arabs, Turks, et al.

etc etc etc.

Slippery slope? Nah...history repeats itself...always.

Past mentalities? Do you think the human mind has changed? Since the beginning of recorded time there have been those that want more...it is human nature.

Report the US all day long...I am all for it. We have destroyed nations. No denial from me.

Hypocrisy is something I can't stand. Don't tell someone not to put up a privacy fence when you've had one for 1000+ years and hide behind it being historical. Tear down the Colosseum if slavery is what you oppose....that is the epitome of slavery...telling human beings to die for you because they own you. But nah....it's a part of history so keep it and make it a tourist attraction.

LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join