It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican City wall built to keep out Muslims...GO TRUMP!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The western world has moved on and progressed since 855 but unfortunately Islam has not.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
first Ronald Reagan said " Mr Pope, tear down this wall" but then Obama said " if you like your wall you can keep your wall", so what`s a pope to do when he`s getting conflicting statements from the U.S.?

I suppose the pope could have the Vatican wall torn down and donate the bricks to habitat for humanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yeah only we have kind of moved on once the year 855

Saying that the pope done it over a thousand years ago so it's ok for trump to do it now is honestly stupid

By this logic it's also ok for trump to burn Mexicans at the stake

so, then why does the Vatican still need a wall? the berlin wall was torn down so why can`t the pope have the Vatican wall torn down? obviously the pope doesn`t think the world has moved on since 855 because he still has his wall.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
wait, some people think this is a current wall quote ?

lol

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The western world has moved on and progressed since 855 but unfortunately Islam has not.

Nor have some Trump supporters it would seem

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Saying that the pope done it over a thousand years ago so it's ok for trump to do it now is honestly stupid

so, then why does the Vatican still need a wall? the berlin wall was torn down so why can`t the pope have the Vatican wall torn down? obviously the pope doesn`t think the world has moved on since 855 because he still has his wall.

Have you ever been to the Vatican..... they actually let Muslims in

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

I bet you weren't expecting the spanish inquisition !!!!!

the reality is white christian men have cornered the market on bombs death and torture. the muslims are piker wanna be's compared to us.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You don't see the redundancy here? Are we literally only building a wall to inevitably tear it down?

Must be a secret 8 year long psy-op to heal relations with Mexico. Yes, they could tear down something that's basically considered a Historical Site to just to prove a point. Do you not see the disconnect from comparing that to building a NEW wall? You're mad about the hypocrisy, but you're not following it's own gathered logic? In otherwords, you're mad someones hypocritical, as you support that same said hypocritical action? Is there even a word for this?
edit on 1-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Funny...I don't see them currently dismantling it....aren't we in the US currently taking down any tiny reference to the Confederacy? Flags, monuments, building names...and that was from events occurring as recent as the 1800's...

What a silly comparison.

The wall was erected to keep out a conquering force, as was customary on many areas; the flag issue is completely different. I doubt Muslims are "offended" by the presence of the wall around the Vatican.

You're comparing apples to motor oil.

Jesus...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
City-State's and other human settlements really only ever quit building walls, castles and the like due to the futility of it with the advent of the cannonball. Smaller forts with long range artillery capability would become the model, and ships of course.
edit on 1-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Why does China still need its wall?

It doesn't.

Why don't they tear it down?

It would be stupid since it's a highly historical piece of architecture.

Granted, in 1000 years the Great Wall o' 'Murica will be for all to behold, while tourists gasp, "How, why could they DO such a thing." LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

By your logic if we ask the pope right now to take those walls down, he will...?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yep...in a very controlled manner through the gates they have in their wall.

How many citizens are women there again? 30 or so? And how many of them have electoral or voting rights? ZERO!

So let's get back to the hypocrisy of the Pope again...women have no rights, they have a wall originally built to keep out Muslims and keep the wall in place, they have a constant presence in news because of pedophilia, yet somehow they are given even a shred of credibility in anyone's eyes...and you are defending it? Odd you're not defending Trump...maybe roll with defending Sharia law? I mean that has as much cred as Papal law right?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Funny...I don't see them currently dismantling it....aren't we in the US currently taking down any tiny reference to the Confederacy? Flags, monuments, building names...and that was from events occurring as recent as the 1800's...

What a silly comparison.

The wall was erected to keep out a conquering force, as was customary on many areas; the flag issue is completely different. I doubt Muslims are "offended" by the presence of the wall around the Vatican.

You're comparing apples to motor oil.

Jesus...

Hmmm...not really silly at all actually. Tearing down historically significant structures because of feelings seems pretty similar to me.

I doubt Muslims are offended by it either...is that simply because the history is far enough in the past they don't care or because they don't actually know this is why it was built or?

The fact you aren't seeing the hypocrisy in a statement made by one of the most controlling and politically powerful heads of state in the world IS odd though.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Vatican has centuries of "Do as I say, not as I do" under their belt. They've mastered the fine art of hypocritical snobbery and self aggrandizing outrage. At this point I sort of feel like Vatican City would be a wonderful place for the world to house all of these refugees and asylum seekers the Pontiff enjoys lecturing the West over so frequently. Let's see how quickly he champions the stupidity of open door policies when the barbarians are standing outside the gates of his ivory palace.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Forgot...yes I have been to the Vatican. I have been in the Sistine Chapel with only 8 other people in there, I have gone through the double doors at the back into the Papal quarters....been there done that to learn the history and see the amazing architecture.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Honestly, it's a laughable comparison.

Vatican City is around 100 acres. It's like building fences or walls around a large estate.

The US is just a little bit bigger and is still accessible by sea. Ask a Cuban.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The wall was erected to keep out a conquering force

Exactly! This is exactly the same function the wall along America's southern border will serve in 2017.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The wall was erected to keep out a conquering force

Exactly! This is exactly the same function the wall along America's southern border will serve in 2017.

Whats to stop them from going around the walls? What happens if they begin to fly to Canada and walk over the border?

Point being, where does the wall stop? Do we surround ourselves with border and sea walls, sealing ourselves off from the rest of the world?
edit on 1-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Honestly, it's a laughable comparison.

Vatican City is around 100 acres. It's like building fences or walls around a large estate.

The US is just a little bit bigger and is still accessible by sea. Ask a Cuban.

It's a country and it built the wall to keep out a specific people and the wall still stands...how is it laughable? Just because of size?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join