It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow closes above 21,000 as stocks post best day of 2017 after Trump's speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm joking, poking fun at those who cheer as it rises and our market loses mobility.

Stocks 101 is buy low, sell high. Naturally our market coming to eventual standstills at high points, and then dramatic falls is inevitable. So ya, everyone who is IN the market is doing good atm, but new potential investors are being pushed out, and with our ever inclusive markets less people own more of everything than ever.

Rich people will eventually hold so much share, they'll be able to just raise markets out of the range of 'normal people' to buy stock all together.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

What's really happening is that the strong hands are quietly selling to the weak hands, they cant do it all at once for obvious reasons. Then when they are done, their will be a small sucker rally, before the crash.
Why > because the people that are running things haven't got a clue, just take this talking head from G.Sachs according to him we are at full employment, and because of that yaba yaba yaba www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-3-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Pff. Remember as recent as January 19, 2017, when DOW highs were "artificially propped up" and "a sham orchestrated by Wall Street"? But now, all of the sudden, it's all legit and due to the power of the Trump?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Pff. Remember as recent as January 19, 2017, when DOW highs were "artificially propped up" and "a sham orchestrated by Wall Street"? But now, all of the sudden, it's all legit and due to the power of the Trump?

The Power of Trump Compels You

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I remember under Bush the left said... stock market does not equate a good economy, Under obama they flipped sides... now once more under trump we see them flip sides again.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yep... I remember reading a book about the collapse in Argentina, one of the tips the author gave if things start looking really hinky... walk into your bank and say I want to close out my accounts, then see what they do.

If the teller stammers starts to sweat or they make excuses... get every penny out you can.

if they smile and say certainly go ahead and say you know what I changed my mind. this will leave you with two conclusions, they (higher up the food chain people ) are going to let the smaller branches crash and burn or the economy as of that day is still considered solvent by the big money bankers.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You are very astute, but at negative interest rates along with capital controls,like where I am you can only get five thousand dollars out in a twenty four hour period with one card. If everyone wanted their money at once,seeing they only have ten percent of the deposited cash. They are already insolvent. People don't realise that the moment you give the bank your cash, it's theirs and no longer yours.
What the banks call money is just Fiat currency, real money is still Gold and Silver , when Trump won, they had to sell three years of world gold production to supress the precious metals, which had started to soar. Its costing them.
edit on 2-3-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
When the market implodes it will catch 90% of people off guard. Markets go up and down and diversification is the key. A paper loss doesn't count unless you are forced to sell. The time to buy is when blood is in the streets. However, most investors, especially the public sells when the market is down and buys at the top because they can't stomach seeing huge paper losses.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Apparently the China housing bubble might be popping, non performing loans on this bubble are estimated to be 24%, it will be interesting on how they get out of this one. It will definitely effect the market. Since a great deal of Chinese money will be in the Dow, and will be pulled to offset property loses back home.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Has nothing to do with the Trump speech.
If the markets could be successfully analyzed before hand it would be unfair.
The truth is that when aliens rebooted the S3 securities and exchange servers it created a temporary order imbalance.
The historical graphs are showing a long market uptrend, we don't know if that will last till tomorrow or the end of time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join