It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Accidentally Bombs US Forces in Syria!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yea thats why we use local forces, so when accidents happen the Generals can be like "oh well, thats why we source locally!"

Special Ops inside of Syria include Israel, Germany, USA, Turkey, UK, France, Russia, Iran, and recently I believe Saudi Arabia. 2017 is 1944, so we won't see WMD's deployed by the nuclear powers until next year! No, im j/k on that. Don't worry everyone, the war is almost over. Just under two years to go.
edit on 3-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker I think its about this report .

Clashes broke out in Syria on Wednesday between Turkish-backed rebels from the Free Syria Army (FSA) and members of the largely Kurdish, US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), according to local media reports. The fighting broke out just west of the strategic northern town of Manbij, close to the Turkish border. The Turkish military is providing artillery support to the FSA rebels involved in the fight, according to Turkish daily Cumhuriyet, which quoted the Russian news site Sputnik. The Turkish-backed forces were reported to be making quick progress through villages to the west of Manbij.
www.middleeasteye.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sounds like conflicted intelligence is all, they stopped when our commandos notified them. Here's the last sentence of the article that you didn't include.

He added that US commandos were less than five kilometers (three miles) away and that the bombing stopped when the Americans called the Russians on a special hotline. Read more at: economictimes.indiatimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

US backed forces (Syrian Arab Coalition) were bombed. No US forces were bombed.

The Russian and Syrian strikes did not endanger any American troops in the area. There are some 500 U.S. special operators working as advisers to anti-Islamic State forces in Syria. Some of the U.S. troops were within about five miles of the airstrikes Tuesday, Townsend said. After observing the attacks, the American troops alerted the coalition who contacted the Russians through standard communication lines that the two forces use to ensure flight safety over Syria. “The Russians acknowledged and stopped bombing there,” Townsend said. “We used that mechanism and it worked.” It is not the first time the communication line, which officials have said is used daily to ensure Russian and coalition warplanes maintain safe distances in Syria, has been needed to stop the wrong target from being bombed.

Stripes news link
edit on 1/3/2017 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ummm...ah...yes...some more of those Syrian Arab coalition moderate terrorists the US likes to use against Assad...

Cool...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Didn't I say before, the Turkish coalition always look for any chance to attack the Kurds even though they are working with the US/NATO* coalition. Its almost like all three are at war with each other, but trying to pretend they are not.

* (NATO reference to the individual member states involved, and not necessarily under an official NATO mandate) I know how important that distinction is to some.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Didn't Russia say more than once they don't believe there are moderate rebells? Either way it will be interesting how the Orange One reacts. Does he take the hint and say "we're out. Here Putin, Syria is your problem and Turkeys."
Or will his ego make him menacingly throw some balls on the table?
I hope he pulls out. That's why I kind of support him, go Donald, America first, make it a peace pipe present for Putin.

a reply to: worldstarcountry

It looks that way because they are. For many, many years.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Pulls it out sounds dirty, really is not

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...ah...yes...some more of those Syrian Arab coalition moderate terrorists the US likes to use against Assad...

Cool...

YouSir

It's okay, they only kill people moderately.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not saying to take RT word for word...

Russia denies accusations of bombing US-backed opposition fighters in Syria

www.rt.com...

Anyone remember the USS Liberty?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Didn't I say before, the Turkish coalition always look for any chance to attack the Kurds even though they are working with the US/NATO*
Its interesting to watch the quagmire play out .Now that the SA has a road open and under control from Aleppo to Manbij it gets even quagmirish ...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The title is misleading and doesn't match that of the link.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Seems pretty clearly stated, U.S. "backed." So, future terrorists. No loss.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Clickbate title..

"He added that US commandos were less than five kilometers (three miles) away and that the bombing stopped when the Americans called the Russians on a special hotline.

Read more at:
economictimes.indiatimes.com..."

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Actually this was in the article posted.

He added that US commandos were less than five kilometers (three miles) away and that the bombing stopped when the Americans called the Russians on a special hotline.

Also, this was just posted on another thread.

mobile.twitter.com...

So, the U.S are in Syria?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Seems pretty clearly stated, U.S. "backed." So, future terrorists. No loss.

I say good riddance to them.

US backed means that they were there to topple Assad no matter the outcome. The moderate do good rebels like to chop children's heads off due to their nationality but it's okay it's only a mistake

Rebels in Syria call boy's beheading a 'mistake'

Gruesome video footage has emerged of Syrian rebels beheading a young boy, in what leaders of the group involved called an "individual mistake."

The video that emerged on social media showed a visibly frightened boy lying in the back of a truck alongside what appeared to be several rebel fighters.
The rebels claimed the boy was a prisoner from Liwa al-Quds -- a pro-regime militia force made up mostly of Palestinians in Syria -- and that he was captured from an unofficial refugee camp north of war-torn Aleppo.

www.cnn.com...

Shame on any outlet that could push this kind of sick narrative.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

You beat me on that one ...

Do you remember the Lavon Affair ?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well you know it didn't get too hot after we bombed the Syrian Troops.

BEIRUT — The United States acknowledged Saturday that its warplanes had carried out an airstrike in Syria that resulted in the death of Syrian government troops.

US military officials said the pilots in the attack, in the eastern province of Deir el-Zour, believed they were targeting the Islamic State.

Russia’s Defense Ministry said the US attack had killed 62 Syrian troops, wounded 100 more, and opened the way for an Islamic State offensive.

Source

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Didn't Russia say more than once they don't believe there are moderate rebells? Either way it will be interesting how the Orange One reacts. Does he take the hint and say "we're out. Here Putin, Syria is your problem and Turkeys."
Or will his ego make him menacingly throw some balls on the table?
I hope he pulls out. That's why I kind of support him, go Donald, America first, make it a peace pipe present for Putin.

It looks that way because they are. For many, many years.

US President has made it clear his first thing is defeating ISIS.. In Syria AND Iraq he said. This means he's not pulling out..
But I hope he's fine with Russia killing any terrorists they see fit.. And stops arming people damn..

Russia isn't leaving that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
So, the U.S are in Syria?

Oh yes, they have been for some time. As well as special forces from NATO's big boys (France, UK, Germany) as well as Israel.
originally posted here

US serviceman dies after IED blast in Syria

edit on 3-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh yes, they have been for some time. As well as special forces from NATO's big boys (France, UK, Germany) as well as Israel.
That info came to light when the Russians supposedly hit a operations site with a caliper class missile . That was a time before the the Aleppos re-taking by the SA

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join