It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Accidentally Bombs US Forces in Syria!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is breaking so the info is spotty but it appears that Russian forces have either bombed US forces or US backed forces. More to come.

WASHINGTON: Russian warplanes bombed US-backed fighters in several small villages in northern Syria after they mistakenly thought Islamic State forces were in the area, a top US general said Wednesday. On Tuesday, "we had some Russian aircraft and regime aircraft bomb some villages that I believe they thought were held by ISIS, yet ... actually on the ground were some of our Syrian Arab Coalition forces," Army Lieutenant General Stephen Townsend told reporters, noting that there wer .. Read more at: economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Somehow I don't know if this was an accident entirely. Are things about to heat up? What does ATS thhink?

economictimes.indiatimes.com...[editby ]edit on 1-3-2017 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, ww3 won't happen. and if it does, it wont be in our lifetime. we have enough resources for 3 generations, give or take.

after that, then maybe..

this was an accident

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That's bad, really bad. I hope it gets resolved fast.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Do we know for sure it's even real?

link   
Assuming it was an accident, better communications between us and them might be beneficial in preventing this again.

link   

Seems it was a near miss...but still pretty close.

source

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There are reports that Turkey forces have clashed with US Kurdish forces .. Link to YT south front www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I think if they were only US backed forces and not actual US forces, we shouldn't get too fusses over it. If they were US troops, however, that's not good.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Accident my snip.

Russian warplanes bombed US-backed fighters in several small villages in northern Syria after they mistakenly thought Islamic State forces were in the area, a top US general said Wednesday

One might have been.

More than one ?

No way.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So did U.S personnel die or was it U.S backed rebels?

If it was U.S personnel, what were they doing uninvited in Syria?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Indeed. Syrian and Russian aircraft launched attacks against terrorist positions in Idlib Governate.

This was in response to a series of ambushes against Syrian troops in Western Aleppo and terrorist armour firing on Syrian forces along the M4 highway near the town of Salma in rural Latakia.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We need to be talking directly to Russia if we are going to be working together in a country. What, is everyone afraid of calling Russia now because of the fake crap people are saying about our president's crew talking to Russia?

My question is who the US is working with on this project, possibly the moderate radicals? The ones that are trying to overthrow Syria?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

He added that US commandos were less than five kilometers (three miles) away and that the bombing stopped when the Americans called the Russians on a special hotline.

Based on that without any further info so far, I'd say it's an accident.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

He added that US commandos were less than five kilometers (three miles) away and that the bombing stopped when the Americans called the Russians on a special hotline.

The best way to end such incidents in the future is to withdraw US personnel and stop supporting terrorist organisations at war with Syria and her allies.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

The best way to end such incidents in the future is to withdraw US personnel and stop supporting terrorist organisations at war with Syria and her allies.

I'm in complete agreement.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The title is misleading as the article clearly states they were US-backed fighters not US Forces , if they weren't on Assad's side that will be why the Russians bombed them.

No heating just more of the same in Syria.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Probably US backed. But I his has been a story I've seen many times in the past year, a few different variations but they've all turned out not to be true.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Syria is such a sh*t show right now. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. I pray that there were minimal losses and everyone can learn ways to prevent this in the future :/

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"Syrian Arab Coalition forces" and Isis is often indistinguishable, no? Maybe they hit what they were aiming for.
edit on 1-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Apparently not U.S. Forces.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join