It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Depressed, Disoriented, Demoralized, Devastated and Discredited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Funny you posted this...a old friend of mine that has been heavily involved in politics posted this on FB recently.

Democrats who can't be bothered to show up at their county party meetings can't really complain about the outcomes of how their party operates. Parties are run by people who show up.

So if you're unhappy with the direction of the democratic party, starting a new party is a fools errand. Just show up! That's really all you have to do! The party is easily take-over-able, and it's infinitely easier to co-opt that existing infrastructure (and frankly, legal relationships in all 50 states) than it is to build new infrastructure.

Show up to 24 meetings in the next 2 years and the party will be yours. JFSU!

And he is a Democrat...even have pics of him sitting at the table with Obama....even he sees the writing on the wall....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Once the democrats abandon the apartheid-like philosophy of identity politics, where an individuals immutable qualities take primacy overthe content of their character, the democrats will find themselves gaining steam. Until then, see ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Why is it a racial thing to you??

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I wonder how many white people suddenly went, hmm maybe democrats do like me. Or did all white people roll their eyes like I did.

The stigmatized "Country Folk" too I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And he is a Democrat...even have pics of him sitting at the table with Obama....even he sees the writing on the wall....
With most of their base support out hugging trees ,they have no time or interests in those kinds of meetings

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: six67seven

All the fighting doesn't do us any good though. It just keeps rewarding and punishing us over and over again and never gaining any ground, only gaining more rules.

Meanwhile the politicians get richer and richer while the people suffer and pay for them the fight. We, the people, always lose while they win, putting on a show for us all that entertains and occupies our attention. But it never ends up helping us or society but costs us plenty.

At some point we'll need to actually throw away the cheap entertainment and get something done that is effective and helpful for the actual people, you know the 99.9% of us that make up this nation. That or we will perish poor, broken and powerless to change any of it. But we'll be entertained by the violence we create until then.

The above is well-known, and obvious. And as usual, the 'answer' includes no actual avenue to your end. Provided that your post is well-known, and quite obvious...but yet the state of US politics is what it is (terrible), what makes you think it will ever turn around. Are those simply rose-tinted glasses you're wearing?

All civilizations come crashing down one way or the other, it's human history, it's inevitable. The odds are stacked against civilization - it's just a matter of time. Do you think we (western civilization) will be any different? If so, how (don't offer up what-ifs, offer examples/facts)?

As far as I know The Venus Project hasn't begun construction.

As for today, if anyone thinks the left wouldn't 'kick the rightwingers in the face while they're down' if/when they have the opportunity, irregardless of the behavior of Trump supporters, then you're already living in an alternate reality.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I wonder how many white people suddenly went, hmm maybe democrats do like me. Or did all white people roll their eyes like I did.

Who pried away the bible and the assault rifle he was clinging to?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
With most of their base support out hugging trees ,they have no time or interests in those kinds of meetings

Talk about identity politics.

I thought the big complain of the Right was that they were tired of being called dumb redneck racist hicks??? Yet here you are spewing some stereotype against those you don't like without even thinking.

So which is it??? Are you a thinking human being or a dumb racist hick???

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who pried away the bible and the assault rifle he was clinging to?

The "Democrats' Response" was so cool, I was expecting a Banjo and singer duet at the end !!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well, then I guess we should just all welcome the coming destruction of civilization then.

That's a good outlook to have. Glad to see you're in charge of things.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Democrats embarrassed themselves last night. Today a woman at work, who voted Hillary, said that the democrats behavior at the speech was "immature", she said "What are we, children?" It's one of the few times we actually agreed on politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

He didn't forget to mention Russia.... and remind us that Russia is our enemy!
His whole rant was pretty much boiler plate ...self contradictory ,miss leading .and historically needing reminders .But it was smooth .

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yet here you are spewing some stereotype against those you don't like without even thinking.
I don't know any Dems and was only going by the liberal left here in Canada .

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And it took five decades to get there. The sum total of their toxic successes since JFK.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

What you fail to realize is it's not my side. I'm not on the side of Democrats. I hated Hillary. But I hate Trump too. I'm on the side of People not political parties. The Dems are just as full of sh*t as the Repubs are.

I'm not getting aboard either one of those dumpster fires any time soon and would love for them both to either correct themselves or fail and start again with something new. Because both are nothing but poison currently.

Trump is not in any way shape or form a traditional Republican. Therefore you fail to see he is exactly what you claim to be calling for, a start again with something new as the Republican Party corrects themselves to get on board. You seem more to be an anti-American America hater who loves to see America fail. Have fun as you watch Making America Great Again, lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well, then I guess we should just all welcome the coming destruction of civilization then.

That's a good outlook to have. Glad to see you're in charge of things.

See!!!?

We're already seeing eye to eye!!

Progress!

(We're still all doomed)

edit on 3907x6739America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh goody. Now I get to be called Un-American because I don't worship the President. How very typical of you.

I suppose I just don't see how ramping up the military and law enforcement and dismantling Public Education, Environmental Protection, Civil Rights, Workers Unions and Destroying the Press is very Pro-American.

Or blocking refugees and rounding up immigrants or building walls is creating a better and secure nation either.

Or how putting a whole team of multi Billionaire Elite in charge of the Government is anything but a step toward Plutocracy.

You see, to me those are very Un-American things to do. Which are all things he's actually done rather than things he just talks about. Sure he'll talk about jobs and winning and making america great. But what he's actually done is quite the opposite from what I see.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well, I guess the fact that we can sit and drink together while we watch the world burn is in some way progress.

So cheers!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The sad future of the Democrat Party ....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
These people are not real democrats. They are a subversive group that hijacked the party. They have been trounced and the last year they have acted like an alcoholic resigned to drink themselves to death. I think we're seeing the end of them - the death throws are almost over.

As for the real democrats, they better get a real leader soon who will totally reject identity politics and everything the likes of Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer stand for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join