It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Since when did beauty and the beast catered to straight males,LOL?

Well I for one won't be taking my son to watch it.

Not because I'm sick and tire of Hollywood pushing their political crap on every film, or because I'm scared of my son becoming gay from watching it, or because I wan't to isolate him from reality, but because my son could care less about a princess love story . Actually he hates most Disney movies because the Mother or Father always dies.

edit on 22331America/ChicagoThu, 02 Mar 2017 09:22:54 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The harder the road the sweeter the story

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: interupt42

The harder the road the sweeter the story

Don't disagree but he finds it to sad to watch. His a very big hearted kid,
edit on 52331America/ChicagoThu, 02 Mar 2017 09:52:08 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Loads of opinions on something none of you have an actual clue what the content will be like.

Disney tells stories.
People are flipping out at the slightest implication that it doesn't fit the traditional bs princess narrative which does more damage to the formation of girls gender roles than a minor character having a crush on whoever they want.

That said, I loved the princess stories as a kid. Just not as an adult, when I realized how truly suck worthy their social gender role constructions were. As a grown up I know its crappola but I'm not going to stop kids watching it, because they have pretty colours, music and entertainment.

I'd guess this character with a crush that kids won't pay a second notice to and has all of 3 small scenes is enough to spur panic .... careful, your kids might catch gay germs

edit on 2-3-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I love them, my daughter does too, but she will not allow me to call her a princess. She prefers rockstar or Awesome and loves and agrees when I say she has a big brain with great ideas.

she also doesnt like cute or pretty.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity
I grew up in a era where this princess that needs saving was the societal norm for females.
She sounds awesome!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

I come from the 50s. I know what "living in little boxes" is.

No it's not. It's real to losing out in sales at the box office if people start catching on though.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Annee
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

I come from the 50s. I know what "living in little boxes" is.

No it's not. It's real to losing out in sales at the box office if people start catching on though.

Perhaps you've missed Disney's movies over the last 20 years or so, Disney has embraced a VERY liberal and feminist agenda that has been embraced by its fans. Why you'd think them putting a gay character into one of their movies would hurt their reputation among their audience is beyond me.

Clearly YOU won't buy the movie, but oh well. Disney clearly doesn't care.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah but the Simpson's are a far cry from Disney. Smithers is representative of someone that will kiss so much ass that they'll do anything asked by their boss, no matter what it is. We always referred to the biggest ass kissers at work as Smithers.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yeah but the Simpson's are a far cry from Disney.

Yup, he's on every Sunday, spreading the Gay far and wide since the 1990's.

Plus he's in Gay Heaven.....syndication. The horror!

edit on 2-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nice catch... I never thought about how this mirrors "real life" yet it involves a man cursed as a beast, LOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, it's not. It's fantasy and putting a gay moment into a child's film has no place.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Putting the gay moment "to explore your sexuality" in a child's film is the liberal agenda. Not being gay.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No, it's not. It's fantasy and putting a gay moment into a child's film has no place.

"It has no place" says you and the mayor of Footloose town.
Don't worry if you boycott it, you or your kids won't then catch the gay.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RomeByFire

Sounds like you are butthurt about others being butthurt.

lofl, sorry, its funny to me how that words getting out of hand

Like racist, homophobe, islamophobe, sexist, misogynist, etc?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Putting the gay moment "to explore your sexuality" in a child's film is the liberal agenda. Not being gay.

Being gay isn't a choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hide all the LGBT+, pretend they are not Real, continue to normalize heteronormality, make us all wear pink triangles and live on an island...

Not homophobic, or bigoted, think of 'muh children'

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I don't know if you remember the cartoon version but Le Fou was a major ass kiss in that and did whatever Gaston told him. Does that now make it okay that Le Fou in the new adaptation is gay?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RomeByFire

Sounds like you are butthurt about others being butthurt.

lofl, sorry, its funny to me how that words getting out of hand

Like racist, homophobe, islamophobe, sexist, misogynist, etc?

Those are real words that describe real people

I believe i was talking about the new buzz word "butthurt"
edit on 2-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You're missing the point. The silent majority boycotts stuff like this because it starts an agenda rolling. Let's be honest, 99% of the kids who watch this will go "Ewww" if a guy shows feelings for another guy, but that is overlooking the point of why parents aren't taking their kids to see it. I'm not gonna pay money for a movie that's pushing an agenda I don't support, and I'm not alone in that. If someone else wants to support it and pay to see it, knock yourselves out.

The movie will do good if this message isn't spread, but if it makes its way around, I can almost guarantee the sales will drop like a brick.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join