It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You either approve of it or not. THAT is a choice. Personally...I don't approve or disapprove.

You just set up a dichotomy and then refuted it in the very next sentence.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You don't need to teach them what homosexuality is. You just present it as a part of life and the kid just grows up being ok with it. It's really just that simple. The scene in question in this movie is a throwaway scene apparently. It's not in your face or a major part of the story. It's just there.

In short...homosexuality has no place in young, children's movies. In my personal opinion.

This is why your words about accepting homosexuality ring hollow. You don't care about dispelling the biases and are more than happy letting them propagate.

You are missing (maybe purposely) the point. Homosexuality is far down on my list of what is important to teach a child. There are more important lessons at that young age. YOU or whomever adds this to children's movies is escalating it's importance. It isn't that important...there are more important lessons. They will learn this eventually.

its not that its just "far down on your list" to teach, it is that you are purposely leaving it out bc you think knowing about it might make them gay...and therefor at a disadvantage.

We can see right thru you.

Then you are an idiot. What if I thought it was important to teach a 2 year old how great a President Trump is? Would you agree with that? I doubt it. It isn't important that they know much about a President and you shouldn't preach that Trump is great when the child may some day decide he isn't. So...it isn't important.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You either approve of it or not. THAT is a choice. Personally...I don't approve or disapprove.

You just set up a dichotomy and then refuted it in the very next sentence.

Yeah...I guess I did. Bad me!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Except the existence of homosexuals isn't an opinion. It's a fact.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You do understand that if you are taking the literal interpretation of this movie and it's characters it means you are protecting a theme of beastiality, and the enslavement of a minor.

You are kinda protecting the wrong story my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'll say it again...BREATHE....DRINK...EAT...there are things a child learns. PLAY NICE...SHARE...HAVE FUN. BEWARE...DANGER...HOT. I could go on for pages before I hit HOMOSEXUAL. In age...I would say somewhere around 10 years down the line. And that is probably good timing.

Pushing HOMOSEXUAL to before HOT is stupid. There are more important things to learn at that young age. Some things can wait.

And with that...I'm done. If you don't understand...you never will. If you think I'm mean...you have no idea. If you wish to judge...you will likely be wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This would only make sense if you said the same thing about heterosexual relationships, yet I never see anyone complaining about the princess kissing the prince at the end of the movie.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
...you are protecting a theme of beastiality, and the enslavement of a minor.

Those are bad, right?

I lost my moral compass after watching Steamboat Willie.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yes..but a minor fact. Kinda like excepting the existence of a white flea. It isn't important. It isn't a priority to teach a child. There are more important things.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So Cinderellas story where they cut of their toes to fit the show fits into HOT?
The current Beauty and the Beast..does not fit into HOT
A talking giant bird and two gay flat mates called Bert and Ernie do not fit into HOT

Shall I go on?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This would only make sense if you said the same thing about heterosexual relationships, yet I never see anyone complaining about the princess kissing the prince at the end of the movie.

Heterosexual is the norm...by a vastly major percentage. It comes before homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
sorry, I just wanted to brag but editing most of it out...

she also once said "oh look theres Trump on tv." I responded "im so glad you are noticing political figures on tv" she said "of course, hes the one who never smiles and looks bad"

she is 5

I dont tell her hes great nor do I say he is bad...but I do talk to her about him.

It IS important to be truthful to your children.

edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

So Cinderellas story where they cut of their toes to fit the show fits into HOT?
The current Beauty and the Beast..does not fit into HOT
A talking giant bird and two gay flat mates called Bert and Ernie do not fit into HOT

Shall I go on?

Nope. I might suggest you look up "Entertainment" in the dictionary. Entertainment isn't meant to teach...it is meant to ummmm...entertain. No need to inject opinion, belief or induction.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Heterosexual is the norm...by a vastly major percentage. It comes before homosexuality.

Homosexuality is normal too, but now you sound even more like a hypocrite. Pretending like homosexuality needs to be "taught" and it can't just be introduced and let the kid come to his own opinion about it. You just want to inject your agenda into the kid and you are masking that under some fear of the homosexual agenda.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes..but a minor fact. Kinda like excepting the existence of a white flea. It isn't important. It isn't a priority to teach a child. There are more important things.

again...you are NOT just simply not teaching these things bc there are more important things, you are purposely leaving it out.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

well, just a true example...I try very hard to be partial to everyone...including trump. she asked about brown skinned people and what was he doing with them, i explained deportation is the most sensitive way possible (saying..."you wouldnt understand till you are older" does not fly with my child, she will get mad and make me try and explain to her) and she decided he was being mean. I tried to tell her how some people see it as protecting America...she had nothing of it.

Then she saw him on TV and I dont know if she can sense auras or just badness..but she decided not to like him.

she started a small anti-trump ralley in her class i hear...I had to tell her that if she cant say anything nice, then not to say anything at all...she said...I didnt say anything mean..I just said "Trump is our president, who likes him" and everyone said they did not.

(i am very secretly proud of this)

She once overheard my and my mother talking about piss gate...and she asked (lol) "why is donald trump peeing on people"...since then I have decided not to talk about him anymore or watch him on tv.

she also once said "oh look theres Trump on tv." I responded "im so glad you are noticing political figures on tv" she said "of course, hes the one who never smiles and looks bad"

she is 5

I dont tell her hes great nor do I say he is bad...but I do talk to her about him.

Friend...and I mean that...I'm not your enemy. That is a great story. But I would like to suggest a though...just a thought. Maybe she isn't old enough to see the damage, cost, etc. that that particular situation creates. She is an innocent and sees what she feels. She sees good in all and will continue to do so for a long time. But later...she may experience something different. She may experience good in that topic...she may experience bad. In other words...she may be too young to understand.

Her feeling is fine for now, but may not be her reality years from now. Again...as you suggested you thought...she may be too young.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

White people are also the majority in this country. Would you also wait to teach your children about people of different races?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

well, just a true example...I try very hard to be partial to everyone...including trump. she asked about brown skinned people and what was he doing with them, i explained deportation is the most sensitive way possible (saying..."you wouldnt understand till you are older" does not fly with my child, she will get mad and make me try and explain to her) and she decided he was being mean. I tried to tell her how some people see it as protecting America...she had nothing of it.

Then she saw him on TV and I dont know if she can sense auras or just badness..but she decided not to like him.

she started a small anti-trump ralley in her class i hear...I had to tell her that if she cant say anything nice, then not to say anything at all...she said...I didnt say anything mean..I just said "Trump is our president, who likes him" and everyone said they did not.

She once overheard my and my mother talking about piss gate...and she asked (lol) "why is donald trump peeing on people"...since then I have decided not to talk about him anymore or watch him on tv.

she is 5

Friend...and I mean that...I'm not your enemy. That is a great story. But I would like to suggest a though...just a thought. Maybe she isn't old enough to see the damage, cost, etc. that that particular situation creates. She is an innocent and sees what she feels. She sees good in all and will continue to do so for a long time. But later...she may experience something different. She may experience good in that topic...she may experience bad. In other words...she may be too young to understand.

Her feeling is fine for now, but may not be her reality years from now. Again...as you suggested you thought...she may be too young.

its never too young to introduce life events and just plain life to a child, that is a parents job. They should hear it first from us.

Im not saying to sit them down at 5 yrs and say...ok, im going to tell you about drugs and sex...no...but just as it happens, dont try to hide it

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

she is 5

its never too young to introduce life events and just plain life to a child, that is a parents job. They should hear it first from us.

Im not saying to sit them down at 5 yrs and say...ok, im going to tell you about drugs and sex...no...but just as it happens, dont try to hide it

Last time...I'm done after this. Maybe we simply don't agree.

My 5 year old Daughter might like hamburgers. My only reason for telling her about the death and butchery of how a burger is made, at that age, is to push an agenda. Same thing.

Good night!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What about all the auto eroticism in "Herbie the Love Bug"? #amirite?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join