It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Krazysh0t

hmm are you following me by any chance? lol

It is, in my opinion, unecessary for Disney to do this and I don't believe it should be done. It is not down to the media or anyone else to educate children on such topics under the guise of entertainment. That is down to the parents

I agree with you, we do not watch Disney movies mainly my teens have grown out of them and I won't be exposing my 5 year old to sheer stupidity. On that note I don't care what Disney produces, they won't be getting any money from me. They can have a movie about orgy's don't care!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Disney movies have gone from Snow whites "someday my prince will come" to the current Elsa's "you can't marry someone you've just met" and Merida's (Brave) not wanting to marry.

Does that "liberal agenda" piss you off?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep real life, like a cursed prince and his kingdom, to stay a beast forever until he finds true love by holding a girl hostage.
edit on 332017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Disney is just one example...your problem is...society, America...even churches...they are progressing. We are moving along and becoming a better nation. You and your type will be left behind...miserable and attacking anything you see fit...such as Disney movies.

And this day and age, children will not adopt their parents bigoted views. Bigotry is the minority and it's bad. Children will get left behind, not picked to be on teams, lack friends these days if they adopt bigotry. It's not "cool". And they will more naturally come around to progressive views despit the bigotry they grew up with, forced onto them from their parents.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

You hope your child will be straight simply because it makes their life easier...

a film about a woman kidnapped and held against her will by an enormous violent beast until she develops stockholm syndrome?

Should be the IMDb summary for this movie.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

And don't forget he won't be free from the curse until she develops stockholme syndrome and it's basically beastiality. LOL.
edit on 3-3-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Beastiality, stockholm syndrome, slavery, underage girl.

but but but
we need to protect the children from the gays.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Lmfao.

People are entitled to their opinions... no matter how absurd they are. They are free to be as absurd in their thoughts and judgements and we are free to point out how absurd all of that can be.

But seriously this is a great film, everyone should watch it. Love it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

We are a danger to "Muh amerikkka"

Gad's live-action LeFou is much less cartoonish, serving as not just comic relief but as a fully-fleshed out character who gives guidance to Gaston and explores his own feelings and sexuality. Gad made it clear, however, that "there was nothing in the script that said ‘LeFou is gay.’

Have no fear puritans, an Alabama theater is banning it, the more we can silence the Gay-agenda the better!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You hope your child will be straight simply because it makes their life easier...

so.... it's easier for kids to grow up straight because there is a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding about gay people. This continues to this day because there is so little gay representation in respectable mainstream media. Kids don't grow up seeing people different from them on their screens and hence as adults act with fear and hostility. Are you seeing the extreme sad irony here? With a little bit of representation, a little normalising.... maybe a few more gay kids get to grow up healthy and whole and not subject to some really suspicious 'under the line of acceptability' worldview.

"oh no i'm not against gays i just think they should be hidden away from view like all the other repulsive horrors of adult life" but it's totally fine to show kids a film about a woman kidnapped and held against her will by an enormous violent beast until she develops stockholm syndrome?

Again...obviously not a parent. Or not one that actually cares. You DON'T want your child growing up with ANY challenges...if possible. You don't want them going into the world disfigured, ridiculed, joked about, etc. You want them to go into the world completely accepted, perfect and loved. THAT is the hope of every parent.

It isn't real...but that is what you hope. And while it rarely happens...you hope for your child to have as few "road blocks" as possible. Any parent will tell you that. If your child has a challenge...you hope they fight for it. You hope they win. But you wish for an easy ride to a happy live.

If you don't understand that...you live in a fantasy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If your kid is gay no lack of gay cultural references will make them otherwise. It may however make them uncertain, repressed and depressed.

I am a parent and would be fine with my kids being gay. If they grew up a bigot I would however disown their arse.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

so.... it's easier for kids to grow up straight because there is a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding about gay people. This continues to this day because there is so little gay representation in respectable mainstream media. Kids don't grow up seeing people different from them on their screens and hence as adults act with fear and hostility. Are you seeing the extreme sad irony here? With a little bit of representation, a little normalising.... maybe a few more gay kids get to grow up healthy and whole and not subject to some really suspicious 'under the line of acceptability' worldview.

"oh no i'm not against gays i just think they should be hidden away from view like all the other repulsive horrors of adult life" but it's totally fine to show kids a film about a woman kidnapped and held against her will by an enormous violent beast until she develops stockholm syndrome?

Again...obviously not a parent. Or not one that actually cares. You DON'T want your child growing up with ANY challenges...if possible. You don't want them going into the world disfigured, ridiculed, joked about, etc. You want them to go into the world completely accepted, perfect and loved. THAT is the hope of every parent.

It isn't real...but that is what you hope. And while it rarely happens...you hope for your child to have as few "road blocks" as possible. Any parent will tell you that. If your child has a challenge...you hope they fight for it. You hope they win. But you wish for an easy ride to a happy live.

of course we do not want road blocks for our children, however, watching a film with a gay character in it is NOT a road block.

WTF are you talking about? am i missing something?

Being gay is also NOT a disability.

Most intelligent people want the best for their children and teach them the truth and respect and happiness along the way. Sorry you do not understand this. I would stop right now if i were you. Stop posting your ignorance and bigotry.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Arnie123

You're right, I can see that there is no reason to try to change your mind. I see you're from Texas, (as am I, but I'm in Austin, the bright spot in a land of narrow-minded religious right) so I know your view is the predominant one here - but know that you're view is not predominant in the country as a whole. Little changes like this in movies and TV are helping to slowly acclimatize the population to the fact that the LGBT community exists and its members are not the boogie man.

Change in attitude IS coming, slowly but surely, whether you like it or not. Your future progeny will have no problem with homosexuality as a piece of the fabric of society - I guarantee that.

Yeah...but that is the problem. I don't care what you are or what you do...but the fact that you promote and applaude the injection of these fringe beliefs of the minority for the purpose of changing the thinking of children is brainwashing. And that is your goal...your agenda. Force others to accept your beliefs by injecting inference into the child.

How about this. Children are off limits to social "re-education" of minorities and their pet beliefs? Fair enough?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

minorities make up the whole, you DO know this dont you?

Majorities + minorities = the whole...as in all of society...everyone included

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What on earth do you think this 're-education' involves?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

How about parents just continue choosing what access to various media they allow for their children.
Don't like it then ban it from your kids.
Other parents equally have the freedom to allow their kids to watch it.
Who the # are you to dictate to them?
edit on 3.3.2017 by grainofsand because: typo's

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

of course we do not want road blocks for our children, however, watching a film with a gay character in it is NOT a road block.

Most intelligent people want the best for their children and teach them the truth and respect and happiness along the way. Sorry you do not understand this. I would stop right now if i were you. Stop posting your ignorance and bigotry.

Really??? OK...I challenge you. Here we go...

1. White male child, straight.
2. White male child, gay (and obviously either by choice or action).

You claim that both have the same challenges and chances for success, etc. I claim that there will be people they meet...maybe even employers, etc. that will discount them for being gay. Do you deny that happens? Do you believe as I do that the straight boy will have fewer road blocks???

If so...then you HOPE your child is #1 not #2. Sure...you and I would accept them, but having child number 2 means you KNOW their lives will have more challenges...something you don't wish upon them. You hope they don't have a problem with a job, an apartment, the father of a friend, etc. You want the easiest path with the fewest road blocks...so you hope your child is #1. You accept your child as #2 but know they face more challenges than #1.

Just stating facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You claim that both have the same challenges and chances for success, etc. I claim that there will be people they meet...maybe even employers, etc. that will discount them for being gay. Do you deny that happens? Do you believe as I do that the straight boy will have fewer road blocks???

If so...then you HOPE your child is #1 not #2. Sure...you and I would accept them, but having child number 2 means you KNOW their lives will have more challenges...something you don't wish upon them. You hope they don't have a problem with a job, an apartment, the father of a friend, etc. You want the easiest path with the fewest road blocks...so you hope your child is #1. You accept your child as #2 but know they face more challenges than #1.

Just stating facts.

Wouldn't you rather hope your kids aren't discriminated against, over something that they either will be or not, by crazy bigots who think Disney movies represent a Gay Genda' ?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Just stating facts.

no, lol, i dont agree with you. I hope my child is what he/she wants to be. I would not steer him/her away from activites (ie. not allow to watch Disney Movies bc of a gay character) just to make him/her #1. That is rediculous and miserable.

I hope you the best bc you probably do have a great heart, but you are being very ignorant on this issue.

Sorry, i do not agree with you, and more than that, i think your opinion is bigoted.
edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong! I think if you are gay, lesbian, trans...that is fine. I also think it is a shame that some people will stand in their way. But that is a fact of life. It would be nice if it weren't so...but it is. It will always be to some extent. The majority is accepted...the minority or fringe isn't.

You may be missing a limb as a parent and think it means nothing for your child to be missing a limb. Maybe it is even a character builder. But as a parent that loves your child, wants "THE BEST" for them...you don't wish them born without a limb.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join