It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Society and culture are influenced by what we watch, children to a greater degree.

I don't tolerate gays and think in absolute certainty that it is a blight to a species civlization. This is strictly my opinion and no amount of "explaining" or "look at it this way" will change that perception, trust that I know several methods of finding a middle ground but in this case, none exist.

Teaching your children its okay for a man to kiss another man is a sure fire way to get your children picked on. They will be picked on. Yes, Gay is a liberal issue to me considering the are pushing for it.

Considering the society isn't ready for this, it'll always be construed negatively.

Sad day for human civilization.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I teach my child that a guy can kiss a guy and she has to deal with boys fighting to sit next to her at lunch. She has many friends and comes home with love letters from boys (so cute, just learning to spell and write).

I would say...you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Sure, of course she does. If course you'll say that. Doesn't mean its true to cover up your radical liberal view, you don't know what your talking about and honestly don't believe you.

Save your breath, you don't need to explain anything to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yes, Gay is a liberal issue to me considering the are pushing for it.

How do gay conservatives factor into your calculation?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Changing a fairy story to fit a narrative and appease liberal political correctness is a slippery slope to me. Just an opinion.

But it's okay for Disney to change the story to fit a narrative and appear the conservative world view. The cartoon version, and presumably this new version as well, is a white washed, family friendly version of the original story.

It completely misses the message of the original story to more or less push a narrative that women should stand by their abusive boyfriend because one day you can change him.

Is that actually the message Disney are trying to convey? Probably not but I guarantee that it will be a much easier argument to make them claiming that Disney is pushing the "gay agenda."

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, Gay is a liberal issue to me considering the are pushing for it.

How do gay conservatives factor into your calculation?

Or trans republicans? (Caitlyn Jenner)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Considering the society isn't ready for this, it'll always be construed negatively.

How is society not ready for it? Homosexuality has been widely accepted in Europe for a while now. Even in the US the majority of the population have no problem with it.

If anything it looks like society is finally ready for this.

link   

You're right, I can see that there is no reason to try to change your mind. I see you're from Texas, (as am I, but I'm in Austin, the bright spot in a land of narrow-minded religious right) so I know your view is the predominant one here - but know that you're view is not predominant in the country as a whole. Little changes like this in movies and TV are helping to slowly acclimatize the population to the fact that the LGBT community exists and its members are not the boogie man.

Change in attitude IS coming, slowly but surely, whether you like it or not. Your future progeny will have no problem with homosexuality as a piece of the fabric of society - I guarantee that.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Disney should push the original version which showed that chicks can get nice clothes, a cool place to live and be the envy of their peers by exchanging their who-ha for these material things.

Raise your kids right people, before the Gay gets them!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Changing a fairy story to fit a narrative and appease liberal political correctness is a slippery slope to me. Just an opinion.

But it's okay for Disney to change the story to fit a narrative and appear the conservative world view. The cartoon version, and presumably this new version as well, is a white washed, family friendly version of the original story.

It completely misses the message of the original story to more or less push a narrative that women should stand by their abusive boyfriend because one day you can change him.

Is that actually the message Disney are trying to convey? Probably not but I guarantee that it will be a much easier argument to make them claiming that Disney is pushing the "gay agenda."

Thinking that deeply hurts their brain...that's why they don't do it

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Or trans republicans? (Caitlyn Jenner)

Theys is unnatural to I reckons.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you watched The Simpsons, then you not only knew but where ahead of the curve. Everyone knows Smithers is gay but nobody cares, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for that gem.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
If you watched The Simpsons, then you not only knew but where ahead of the curve. Everyone knows Smithers is gay but nobody cares, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for that gem.

The Gay has obviously gotten you. I will pray for your speedy recovery.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
oh lord

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

There are many messages Disney and others attempt to convey and I repeat they shouldn't be conveying anything really other than rainbows and unicorns

CX

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Teaching your children its okay for a man to kiss another man is a sure fire way to get your children picked on. They will be picked on.

It sounds like you're mind is made up and that is fair enough.

You do have to consider though that those kids that will be picked on, as you say in your above comment, will be picked on only by people like yourself.

Surely that can't feel good?

CX.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

There are many messages Disney and others attempt to convey and I repeat they shouldn't be conveying anything really other than rainbows and unicorns

I prefer to raise big-minded smart children. But thanx

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Lol @ the "this is reflecting real life" stuff.

Cause a man being cursed by a witch who then is magically turned into a big monster beast and can't return back into his human form unless a human woman commits beastiality with him within a specific timeframe... is super realistic?

But honestly this is one of my all time favorite movies.

I love Disney and look forward to all the gay and beastiality moments.

edit on 3-3-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Disney is messed up, period. End of story. As I recall, LeFou was a fat, dumpy, grotesque little troll who was Gaston's toady sidekick. Okay, he's gay now? What about the clock and the candelabra? Those two could be made gay and it would be believable, at least. As for Disney, he was a piece of work. But if he was racist and an anti semite, Disney today has become darker and far more obscene with him gone. Disney preys on kids.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So you are content perpetuating the absurd notion that being born anything but Cishet will equal a less than perfect life?

don't you think that is part of the problem, contributing to that line of thought, considering you can be born Cishet and be a Murderer, abuser etc

and don't you think if we moved from this Heteronormative 'Cishet-normal' worldview and offered a chance to show people of all ages that diversity is a normal part of life that we could stop some violence, hate and wrong opinions of people?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join