It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This thread is a ridiculously good reason to quit Ats.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
beats killing bambis' mom !

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Ok then tell me why the humungous majority should acclimatise to the tiny minority (USA 3.8%)? Why is it even necessary? This kind of pushing and forcing of people to accept is exactly what causes divisons. No -one likes being told what to think do or say. We're all aware of gays LGBTXYZ pushing it in people's faces as normal is wrong plain and simple. Its not normal, but I accept it....doesn't mean toddlers and kids have to until they are old enough to understand the whys and wherefores. Do not push onto me your liberal ideology because it makes you feel like you are accomplishing something. I have the right not to accept this just as you have the right to accept it and have an opinion on it, but as far as educating my children or anyone else's children it is beyond the realms of Government and Big Business to interfere for the sake of profit. That is my realm as a parent. Enough rights are being siphoned away from parents as it is so please stop with the bloody "I'm more tolerant than thou " rhetoric ...its not a competition

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I just cannot wait to see this movie, I love all the remakes

Well that explains a lot ...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I also think that the push of Cishet-normality and Heteronormative "Lifestyle" as "Normal" is not normal, so I think all you Cishet folk and your children who are Cishet should never be allowed outside, I don't think Cishet people should be allowed in Movies, or Music or pop Culture, or History, I don't think Cishet people in History should be taught at Schools because "Muh education", I don't believe Opposite-sex marriages should be legal or void, I believe that you should be fired and denied Jobs, Public services and accommodations, housing, property, adoption, and blood donations just because you are Cishet

You Cishets pushing to be treated equally is just blatant Liberal propaganda that perpetuates the Heterosexual agenda, andI I refuse to stand for it anymore, for the sake of this country

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

Sounds like you are butthurt about others being butthurt.

lofl, sorry, its funny to me how that words getting out of hand

could you folks please keep the gay talk out of this

edit on 2-3-2017 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
About time. Heteronormativity that is attacking me even from my own fridge is damn annoying and calling for revenge

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

homosexuals are born and are living for years with thinking that they are bizzarre freaks of nature because people like you will censore anything about it

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Annee
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

Said about something in a movie involving a prince that was cursed to live as a hideous beast until he found true love...

Change for the sake of change is rarely a good idea.

That's pretty much the history of human civilization. Change is the only constant, nothing ever is static. Change for the sake of change is natural phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So in a story about bestiality, we're suppose to get worked up about a gay character? (anyone ever watch the cartoon and NOT think that little guy was gay? It seemed pretty blatant back then too)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No body is taking a single right away from you. You are the one wanting to deny subsets of society the right to appear even in a movie.

If you want to raise your children to view gays as 'abormal' in your own home the no one is stopping you. As long as what you do doesn't over step the line into actual mental abuse you can raise you kids how you want.

However you have no right to say what is acceptable in other people homes or in wider society. Your rights as a parent do not extend to controlling every last aspect of the environment they will grow up in.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not a matter of raising children to think gays are abnormal its a matter of I get to decide when its appropriate they should know as should any parent. Oh so now its yet another "right" to appear in a film? You state I don't have a right to say what is acceptable in other people's homes.....I haven't said anything remotely related to that statement. No-one is taking rights away from me....or anyone else for that matter. Changing a fairy story to fit a narrative and appease liberal political correctness is a slippery slope to me. Just an opinion.

You know jack about me personally but are making assumptions based on posts on a thread which have lead you to conclude that I'm homophobic conservative and gawd knows what else....like I said in a previous post...If only you knew how you would laugh at your assumptions but you don't so I'll leave it there

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

How is a Gay character in a movie denying you the "Right" to "Teach" your child about us abnormal freaks?

do you not see your own (others) hypocrisy? you seem Ok for your child to learn about Heterosexuality in pop-culture, but not Homo or Bi-sexuality because it's not Normal and that evil "Gay agenda' pushed by the Liberal PC Culture

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not a matter of raising children to think gays are abnormal its a matter of I get to decide when its appropriate they should know as should any parent. Oh so now its yet another "right" to appear in a film? You state I don't have a right to say what is acceptable in other people's homes.....I haven't said anything remotely related to that statement. No-one is taking rights away from me....or anyone else for that matter. Changing a fairy story to fit a narrative and appease liberal political correctness is a slippery slope to me. Just an opinion.

You know jack about me personally but are making assumptions based on posts on a thread which have lead you to conclude that I'm homophobic conservative and gawd knows what else....like I said in a previous post...If only you knew how you would laugh at your assumptions but you don't so I'll leave it there

No assumptions. My post based entirely round your description of gays as not normal.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Twist words how you wish its pointless trying to sensibly discuss anything here lately. Read my post above. You don't know me or who I am. But hey ho you win congrats I give in.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Shame!!!!! Shame on Disney!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

would you tell same sexed gay parents that they should not allow their children to watch the new Beauty and the Beast bc there is a gay character in it?

@veracity and @XAnarchistX,

I'm voicing an opinion...keep that in mind. Here is how it goes. There is a line of acceptability. The things above the line are what people hope for, strive for, wish to become and below that line are things they try to avoid, things they hope don't happen, etc. Above the line is the "perfect life" and below the line is the "less than perfect life". You always try to avoid getting pregnant when you don't mean to...for example. You hope your child will be straight simply because it makes their life easier...for example. You wish your child to be born with all their limbs...for example.

Sure...many good, nice, great people will fall below the line and that will always happen. It doesn't make them unacceptable but it isn't what you hope for, for them. You don't strive for an unwanted pregnancy, the loss of a limb, etc. So...when you offer children cartoons, you tend to show them the best of life...the good things...the goals they should have. You don't (at too young an age) show them challenges beyond their understanding and if they don't have to...you don't force them to confront these things. Over time...you spoon feed them what they need to confront.

My only concern is this. Just because some people WANT to be considered normal, accepted, etc. doesn't mean they are. Forcing non-normal, non-desired, etc. lifestyles for the PURPOSE of forcing them to be presented as normal is wrong. Especially for children of too young an age. You shield them from what you can until they have the tools, experience and ability to judge for themselves what THEY will consider good, bad, normal or wrong. You don't DICTATE those decisions because they aren't global decisions.

People have different opinions and that is good! Forcing opinions upon others is not. At least in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

As I've already stated...
I understand your views, I just don't agree with them.

I don't think you are a bigot, but it is a very bigoted thought.

Normal is a very relative word and who are you to say only "normal" things make a child happy or keep them innocent.

I'm glad your children turned out ok, but I would never recommend your ideas of raising a child.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
"Mommy? Why is that girl playing tonsil hockey with that animal?"

"Well, dear, it's okay because later he will turn into a person so it's not really farm love like cousin Jimbo enjoys."

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

You hope your child will be straight simply because it makes their life easier...

so.... it's easier for kids to grow up straight because there is a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding about gay people. This continues to this day because there is so little gay representation in respectable mainstream media. Kids don't grow up seeing people different from them on their screens and hence as adults act with fear and hostility. Are you seeing the extreme sad irony here? With a little bit of representation, a little normalising.... maybe a few more gay kids get to grow up healthy and whole and not subject to some really suspicious 'under the line of acceptability' worldview.

"oh no i'm not against gays i just think they should be hidden away from view like all the other repulsive horrors of adult life" but it's totally fine to show kids a film about a woman kidnapped and held against her will by an enormous violent beast until she develops stockholm syndrome?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join