It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

So, I actually read an idea on Tumblr, or Reddit - who knows, one of the interesting places out their on the web .. Or maybe this is a mix of ideas.

A princess is from the Desert - and has mystical powers related to such ( Like elsa ) - This princess does not conform to the norms of princesses, she's not graceful, she's not elegant, she can't even sing like the rest of them - But she can rap like hell. Her and Elsa are naturally Yin/Yang so it would be an awesome story of balance, and love could be included

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

So, I actually read an idea on Tumblr, or Reddit - who knows, one of the interesting places out their on the web .. Or maybe this is a mix of ideas.

A princess is from the Desert - and has mystical powers related to such ( Like elsa ) - This princess does not conform to the norms of princesses, she's not graceful, she's not elegant, she can't even sing like the rest of them - But she can rap like hell. Her and Elsa are naturally Yin/Yang so it would be an awesome story of balance, and love could be included

that gave me chills...and a princess my daughter would be obsessed with, she could fall in love with Elsa

I love the "back stories" on the disney movies and how they blend. Like how Tarzan is Elsa and Annas brother
edit on 2-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScepticScot
As long as it's served with salt, not sugar.

Of course! What kind of barbarians do you take us for?

Had to check. I mean with all these agendas, gay Disney characters, dogs and cats living together.

When will this madness end???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Isn't the girl from Brave like that?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I haven't seen Brave, actually. So maybe so!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I haven't either to be honest, but I heard descriptions of it and from what I remember that she sounds about how you described.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

No, as long as you take our LGBT+ pill that will turn you we will let you stay, if not, off to Russia!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I haven't either to be honest, but I heard descriptions of it and from what I remember that she sounds about how you described.

Merida (brave) is one of my daughter's favorite princesses i think bc she DOES go against the stereotype of the normal princesses. She does not sing (or rap) as far as I know and she is very strong, athletic and well...brave. It would be easy to forget that she is a princess.

She also doesnt want to get married.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, where was the outrage when the cartoon version first hit the box office, and Belle's father did not sell her to the beast in exchange for his freedom(as per the original fairy tale)...?

FFS This is di$ney property ...watch it or don't - this isn't worth the effort to cry over.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blood0fheroes
Out of curiosity, where was the outrage when the cartoon version first hit the box office, and Belle's father did not sell her to the beast in exchange for his freedom(as per the original fairy tale)...?

FFS This is di$ney property ...watch it or don't - this isn't worth the effort to cry over.

It only upsets them if left wing propoganda is "injected" into the movie such as a gay boy or lesbian. The silent majority is outraged by this and will boycott the movie so that it will not do well in the box offices.

remember...just bc they are silent doesnt mean they are not the majority and they are NOT to be confused with the minorities

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

I come from the 50s. I know what "living in little boxes" is.

So are crack addicted whores giving blow jobs in the alley. I STILL don't think it is appropriate in a Disney film for children. Children should be protected from the freaks (eg. non-normals) of society until they are of an age THEIR PARENTS determine to be old enough.

This is NOT a topic for children as much as you and your pushers of your "sexual preferences" believe.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

So are crack addicted whores giving blow jobs in the alley. I STILL don't think it is appropriate in a Disney film for children. Children should be protected from the freaks (eg. non-normals) of society until they are of an age THEIR PARENTS determine to be old enough.

This is NOT a topic for children as much as you and your pushers of your "sexual preferences" believe.

I dont know how you equate being gay with crack whores but...whatever,

I hope you dont have children

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sorry...I have two beautiful, successful daughters that are strong, stand up for themselves and are happy. They were raised while impressionable with the standard, white-washed version of life in movies, cartoons, etc. They saw what is acceptable, normal and not the fringe. They learned the fringe as they grew older and could actually understand it instead of forcing it upon them before the could in some political/social hope they would blindly accept it.

Today...they like me accept gay, lesbian, trans, etc. as normal for the individuals. They are not viewed any different in our home just as individual choices. And that result even happened with out forcing social, liberal agendas down their throats.

Amazing how that works...isn't it?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I think that's awesome.

It is real to life.

I dont know how you equate being gay with crack whores but...whatever,

I hope you dont have children

And to answer your question "I dont know how you equate being gay with crack whores"...it has to do with what a child is equipt to process mentally based upon their age. A child should be taught what they need to know, and what is considered normal behavior. They will grow and learn to process more of the fringe later in life. Topics such as sexual preference, drug use, criminals and all the other less-than-acceptable behaviors.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

teaching them that gay is ok, a girl can marry a girl and a boy can marry a boy is acceptable to tell children, in fact...the more you dont lie or keep them from facts...the better they acclimate into the world they live in.

I wouldnt tell them out of the blue that there are crack whores in this world, but if they saw a gay in a disney, DISNEY movie, a freakin' DISNEY movie and they asked about boys liking boys...that is completely ok.

It is not forcing anything bad on the child.

I am very glad that you and your children are accepting of gays now.

However, watching a gay character in a DISNEY MOVIE is not forcing anything and I feel sorry for any child who cannot watch this movie bc their parents do not want them to know about gays.
edit on 2-3-2017 by veracity because: typos

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

teaching them that gay is ok, a girl can marry a girl and a boy can marry a boy is acceptable to tell children, in fact...the more you dont lie or keep them from facts...the better they acclimate into the world they live in.

I wouldnt tell them out of the blue that there are crack whores in this world, but if they saw a gay in a disney, DISNEY movie, a freakin' DISNEY movie and they asked about boys liking boys...that is completely ok.

However, watching a gay character in a DISNEY MOVIE is not forcing anything and I feel sorry for any child who cannot watch this movie bc their parents do not want them to know about gays.

I have to assume you don't have children nor understand them. A child is innocent and is for a short time. They will learn about the world as time progresses and as they can understand, contemplate and make their own opinions based upon experience...which takes time. Children should understand male and female. They can understand gay, trans, b&d, furries and everything else later. They deserve their innocence...they don't need your indoctrination. Not until they have the mental tools to handle it and form their own opinions. What you want it these things being called "normal"...they aren't.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have to assume you don't have children nor understand them. A child is innocent and is for a short time. They will learn about the world as time progresses and as they can understand, contemplate and make their own opinions based upon experience...which takes time. Children should understand male and female. They can understand gay, trans, b&d, furries and everything else later. They deserve their innocence...they don't need your indoctrination. Not until they have the mental tools to handle it and form their own opinions. What you want it these things being called "normal"...they aren't.

I understand your type and i dont agree with it.

again, i feel sorry for any child who does not get to see this move bc their parents are too close-minded over a gay

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

1. It's not a preference

2. Freaks..."Muh Political Correctness" you win that fight with your non-political correct words, it's not a bigoted statement or a hateful statement.

3. So your Freedoms supersede others?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

would you tell same sexed gay parents that they should not allow their children to watch the new Beauty and the Beast bc there is a gay character in it?
edit on 2-3-2017 by veracity because: to add gay

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The movie in the OP causing tears is not compulsory to view.
Parents retain the right to restrict access to their kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join