It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's wing loong 2 ucav has first flight, supposedly massive foreign sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Chinese have been working on their own ucavs. These have been not the higher end ones that are flying wings and the direct equivalents of the us models that gave been in service for decades now.

The wing loong 2 appears to be a direct reaper equivalent and has made its first flight.

Pix:

china-defense.blogspot.com...

The interesting bit though is the Chinese are claiming they have a massive order from a foreign customer. Who and how much have not been disclosed.

Any speculation as to who? I think the Russians are too proud. Perhaps the UAE?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If China came out with any original design
in aeronautics I think I'd fall over.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

looks more like a Loong Wing.

Anyone know how it compares to US drones?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Any speculation as to who?
Iran would be my guess . eta or not

China and Pakistan Most discussions of an immediate drone rival to the United States begin and usually end with China. At last count China supposedly had over 900 different types of drones, ranging from micro, blimps, unmanned combat air vehicles, and rotary-wing UAVs. The three most common Chinese drones, the Chengdu Xianlong, Chengdu Pterodactyl 1, and Sharp Sword, have startling similarities to the American Global Hawk, Reaper and Predator, and the X-47B stealth drone respectively. This of course alludes to the apparent success China has had for several years in economic espionage, where it is believed massive amounts of confidential technical and commercial applications have been stolen from major aerospace and defense industries in America. This leads to a curious question: why are so many experts relying on the continued technical superiority of the United States when China is a vivid example of how unnecessary it is to have a domestic production capability? Why develop it if you can just steal it? journal-neo.org...

edit on 1-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Anyone know how it compares to US drones?
Iran might know

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
The interesting bit though is the Chinese are claiming they have a massive order from a foreign customer.

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cameroon, or some other place. I cannot see these countries lining up for a "massive order". Maybe the US has decided to cut costs - I mean the US buys most of China's factory output of plastic electronic stuff, iPones and such like. It probably even has "made in China; designed in California" stamped on the underside.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'd bet Pakistan. An unidentified UAV on an experimental flight crashed there in June of last year. They've also been considering buying a larger version of another Chinese UAV. The Wing Loong II would be a better option.

No official comment has been made on either the type of UAV involved or the crash itself. However, the Pakistani official (…) indicated that the crashed UAV — which has the appearance of a Chinese Wing-Loong unmanned combat aerial vehicle — was not among those regularly flown by the Pakistan Air Force, suggesting it may have been a newer platform that was still being tested.

thediplomat.com...
edit on 3/1/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
If China came out with any original design
in aeronautics I think I'd fall over.

Yeah. Looks vaguely familiar, eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Edit: when I found these images on google maps, I knew china had developed drones.
But never knew their designated names. Thanks ATS, Loon1 and Loon2. 🤗👍

Mean while in China...

First screen shot has coordinates.

Now to the Chinese desert..
The map is updated now. Found this Airport and tunnel to power plants. There was 3 drones at this airport last year when I found this Base.
Again coordinates are on the first screen shot.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's the Chinese version of Nellis. They use the area typo develop tactics with various platforms.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Saves them a lot of development time though. What takes us 10+ years takes them 7-8 or less depending on complexity.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

~That's the Chinese version of Nellis. They use the area typo develop tactics wroth various platforms~Zaphod58

Wroth?
Angry, twisted and tormented ? Lol..
Typo? You mean "To" I hope.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

With. I have a new phone and I'm still training the dictionaries. I don't always catch the mistakes in time.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Lmao! But but the typo is perfect when it comes to the chinese military mindset.
That was a fitting Typo.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😁😅
Snarffed my coffee good sir!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Pakistan is a best guess for this .Things have never been good between them and India and things may be heating up even more as of late according to Peter Lee

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's a step in the right direction in many ways but it's range and payload along with it's low maximum altitude limit it's comparison to a Western UCAV in many ways. Looking the part and playing the part are not always the same.

top topics

join