It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
supposedly trump made the comments in a meeting with members of the press before his last speech but appears to now be walking back on his words because of blow back from the republican party.

i think trump showed his hand too early and the republican party wants to milk everything the can out of the negotiations before they follow through with some kind of amnesty plan. who knows this could all be a part of trumps master plan if you give him credit for being that smart. seeing as how bannon is pretty much blatantly anti - immigrant (illegal or not) i don't see how he could possibly let trump give some sort of amnesty to millions of illegals.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It seems the news cycle is pushing hard today to try and make up ground after trump's brilliant speech to Congress.

If by brilliant you mean coherent - it did cause quite the stir

Turns out the man can read

:-)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

President Trump signaled a new openness on Tuesday to granting legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants who have not committed serious crimes and then called on Congress to work with him on overhauling health care, and rebuilding the nation’s infrastructure and military. In an address to a joint session of Congress in which he defended the tumultuous early days of his presidency, Mr. Trump said he was eager to reach across partisan lines and put aside “trivial fights” in the interest of helping ordinary Americans. But even as he outlined a bold agenda, he was raising new questions about his own policy priorities and how he planned to achieve them. In a conversation with news anchors just hours before he spoke, Mr. Trump broke from his tough immigration stance and said he was open to a the kind of broad overhaul that many Republicans and some of his core supporters have derided as “amnesty.” “The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides,” the president told the TV anchors at the White House, according to people present during the discussion. Those present requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the private meeting.

Yet another day yet another broken promise. He complained about Obama's amnesty and here he is doing the same thing. Hypocrisy much Trump? Trump is just like Obama and Bush before him just another token to be used by corporate America as they see fit. It's funny to see how his followers keep saying how he's going to change things but after it is all done he is just another trained dog.

I have a question for you. Let's se if you wil dodge it. I think you will.

Do you agree with amnesty?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodxRayne
I wish we could take all braindead Liberals, Specially the Hollywood braindead liberals(makes them worse since they are rich and retarded, and they didn't keep their promises of leaving unfortunately) and all illegals to a deserted island, and set the entirety of that Island on fire, afterwards a huge amount of fireworks, because the world would have declared peace that we got rid of useless wretches, throw in ISIS for good measure and, bam, instant world peace, only I can dream.

Username checks out!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: buster2010

You criticized him for being to strong on immigration, now he listens to the butthurts and loosens the restrictions you criticize him again.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...sounds about right.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OP has once again affirmed what we know. There is no pleasing the other side. Don't give an inch, they want miles.

OP should be relieved.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join