It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

On war? No. You have no clue what you are talking about. The military is ready to fall apart because Obama did nothing for the past 8 years.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Like I said last night, that "shift on immigration" was either a lie from another "un-named source", or a FAKE news story planted by Donald Trump, to flush out the LEAKER amongst those news anchors. They were supposed to keep quiet about this SCOOP, until after the President's speech. But nope..this story was spreading across the Web/TV/Radio within minutes after the meeting's conclusion.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
See, this is why I have honestly just stopped listening to the Left.
You bitched and whined about Trump's plan and now that he changes it [ and fits what you all wanted by the way ] you bitch and whine about that.

Still just a bunch of children, looking for something to whine about.

Just as his followers don't have the backbone to admit they got played.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Played? By him doing exactly what he said he would do?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is a case of reality hitting him. The logistics of deporting over 10 million people is a nightmare and would be far more expensive than it is worth.

This is exactly the path I would advocate as well and am glad to see President Trump come around on this issue.

That is what the "whining left" has been saying all along the cost alone would make deporting them all simply not worth it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Good thing trump said he would deport as many as possible, and would start with the criminals .. and would expand that list from Obama's 800k to 2 million ... exactly what he did.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Played? By him doing exactly what he said he would do?

You may actually want to read the article then check out his promises again. You do know what the term got played means don't you?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I checked out his promise.

Maybe you should? Promise is from 11-2-16

Remove criminal undocumented immigrants

The Promise: “A Trump administration will stop illegal immigration, deport all criminal aliens, and save American lives.”
Update February 21st, 2017: Trump signs executive order directing enforcement priorities; DHS issues enforcement memo

www.politifact.com...

edit on 1-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: DAVID64
See, this is why I have honestly just stopped listening to the Left.
You bitched and whined about Trump's plan and now that he changes it [ and fits what you all wanted by the way ] you bitch and whine about that.

Still just a bunch of children, looking for something to whine about.

Just as his followers don't have the backbone to admit they got played.

Buster, it is not his followers or his detractors that are going to make or break Trump.

The majority of the American citizens have lost faith in their government and never expected either candidate to do anything but continue pushing American forward on a downhill slide.

Trump has a chance to prove the majority wrong, but anything he does that does not benefit the American citizen, or if he doesn't get illegal immigration under control, he has lived up the expectation of the average American.

We are so hoping that he proves us wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I just posted a video from November where trump says this is exactly what he will do.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome

I came for the lulz.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so essentially, nothing he could do would please you, got it.
Shocking.

maybe the point is it is yet another lie.
imagine that

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Then he is bad at lying, because it's already in the works.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And yet he did say somethings about illegals being a drain on programs meant for citizens......or was it those paying into them.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then he is bad at lying, because it's already in the works.

he is terrible at lying.
his lies are exposed almost as soon as he says them.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is a case of reality hitting him. The logistics of deporting over 10 million people is a nightmare and would be far more expensive than it is worth.

This is exactly the path I would advocate as well and am glad to see President Trump come around on this issue.

That is what the "whining left" has been saying all along the cost alone would make deporting them all simply not worth it.

Yea oh boy thats the way to run a country! LOL Whatever is cheaper.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Logarock because: e

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so essentially, nothing he could do would please you, got it.
Shocking.

I think IF Trump did get rid of his immigration madness, the wall and throwing kids out with indigent woman and kept Obamacare and did an infrastructure build-up I would praise those acts

In other words, he would be doing LIBERAL ideas

HOWEVER, Buster is making the point that Trump is an inconsistent deceiver one can’t rely on.

The fact of the matter is probably that Trump really just wants to cut taxes for the rich and help his billionaire friends, and frankly he seems to have deceived the clueless conservatives—GOOD they deserve it.

Though if he comes around to LIBERAL sane policies

Again…GOOD

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

so essentially, nothing he could do would please you, got it. Shocking.

What's shocking is that you don't see this as a legitimate point the OP is making:

He complained about Obama's amnesty and here he is doing the same thing. Hypocrisy much Trump?

You seem to be overly concerned about people not liking him. Don't you think this is a natural part of the process? I'm pretty sure Obama got some criticism for almost everything he did - including breathing

What I wonder about next is - does it even register that this very sensible thing that he's decided to do wasn't even his idea? He just caved

I couldn't be happier (well, of course I could) about this more reasonable approach. I will wish for more, but at least it's moving in the right direction

I'm duly impressed by the fact that the man who would be king appreciates the wisdom that came before him - even if he and his happy fanboys don't have the cojones to admit what's what

Well, if you read the reply, the only thing Trump could do to make the OP happy is quit, so my post and point are dead on, unless you wish to twist and change what I wrote.

What really irritates me is that all the haters seem to WANT Trump to fail. They WANT the US to go down in flames. Somehow, that would make you a winner. I am sorry, I just don't see it that way. I didn't like Obama, I didn't vote for him, and I thought his attitude towards race was the most divisive thing the US has seen since the inception of the KKK. But, I hoped for good things. I hoped somehow the economy would pick up, the debt would go down, my income would have the ability to increase. Well, that didn't happen then, but I again, am hoping for things like that.

The OP and many like him, are only interested in portraying anything that happens as bad. And if he and others can find some pleasure in doing that, however unhealthy it might be, super. But don't expect it to do unnoticed.

Maybe Trump will bring back some manufacturing jobs, or encourage small business to open and grow. If that happens, I will be impressed. I feel bad that so many of you don't seem to be able to let go of the hate. It will eat you up inside.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sigh, no idea how you didn't get it. He didn't lie. This is exactly what he said since November .. and it's already in motion.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sigh, no idea how you didn't get it. He didn't lie. This is exactly what he said since November .. and it's already in motion.

sigh
ok
i believe you

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join