It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I feel bad for whoever had to clean up all of the water last night after the speech. All of the little snowflakes in white looked like they were melting at all of this talk that's going to satisfy their base.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

He has kept and started the process of keeping his promises.

Trying is not the same as succeeding. Starting the process is not a promise kept. Failure and incompetence, are not examples of promises kept. The only promise that Trump made, that he has kept in part, is withdrawing the US from the TTP. And that means that the US is currently in trade limbo, and must renegotiate trade agreements.

edit on 1-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Just because you don't want to see the accomplishments doesn't mean they aren't there. The list just keeps on growing.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Everything you say is stupid. How is that? It would seem you are the only real certainty in life! Obama's amnesty includes criminals. Trump's does not. Pretty difficult distinction right there, huh?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about, can you be more clear? He said he would deport 2 million criminals (Obama admin said the # was like 850k iirc). He's doing it.

His order came down like the wrath of god - and he wasn't just targeting criminals. The whole thing was a clusterF above and beyond being just plain abusive and wrong. So, factor in some incredibly bad PR, throw in the impossible logistics (which he clearly didn't take the time to research first) and then, of course, the money...and voilà!

Presto magico - Amnesty! Totally Trumps brainchild

From the OP:

In a conversation with news anchors just hours before he spoke, Mr. Trump broke from his tough immigration stance and said he was open to a the kind of broad overhaul that many Republicans and some of his core supporters have derided as “amnesty.” “The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides,” the president told the TV anchors at the White House

I asked if you had read the OP because you seem to want to stick to the idea that he's delivering on his original promise - which has shifted. Somewhat

edit on 3/1/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

For undocumented immigrants, make the citizens. Make them eligible for minimum wage and force them to pay taxes as well. As for the criminals, send them back to the butthole of the universe that is Mexico. That's the key difference from what has long been the policy of the left. "Let everyone in, vet no one, if they commit crimes establish sanctuary cities for them." What a joke.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Reply when you are able to answer what you think trump should have been able to do in 1 month.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What order are you even talking about. I really have no idea what you are talking about. Trump said he wanted to deport as many as was possible. He would begin with the 2 million criminals and go from there. That's exactly what he is doing. 11 million is not possible, he's making sure the ones who need to go are going. Like he said.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Reply when you are able to answer what you think trump should have been able to do in 1 month.

That's not the issue, however, one need only to look at what Obama was able to accomplish in his first 30 days, that eclipses Trump's "C for effort" failures, to see what could be done by a competent president!

I didn't enter this thread with assertions of Trump's fulfillment of promises made, You did. I'm merely calling you out on your FAKE NEWS. Trump has not accomplished anything, except plunging the US into trade limbo.

Now he walking back his immigration stance and promises.

edit on 1-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants"

Well isn't that special.

So that's what the left hand is doing, and what about the right?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What order are you even talking about. I really have no idea what you are talking about.

Executive Order 13768: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States

Happy to help OccamsRazor04

Trump calls people like de Rayos “criminal illegal immigrants,” or, simply, “bad dudes.” As president-elect, he claimed they number “2 million…even 3 million.” But such a number is possible only through a dramatic expansion of the term “criminal.”

Executive Order 13768, which Trump signed January 25, specifies that the group being targeted for detention and deportation includes immigrants who have been convicted, charged, or suspected of any criminal offense, however minor. The extraordinarily wide net includes both undocumented immigrants and legal residents. It also includes anyone who “in the judgment of an immigration officer, otherwise pose[s] a risk to public safety or national security.”

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
See, this is why I have honestly just stopped listening to the Left.
You bitched and whined about Trump's plan and now that he changes it [ and fits what you all wanted by the way ] you bitch and whine about that.

Still just a bunch of children, looking for something to whine about.

I am bitching because all he does is campaign. I don't want to stand around while Trump learns the job and eventually comes to the same conclusions and compromise solutions that Obama did. After he goes through that process, Trump will take credit for the things he didn't completely destroy and things he isn't responsible for while blaming Obama and generals for things he is responsible for.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Since Obama came into office in 2009, he has deported over 2.5 million people out of the this country but I guess everyone was looking to the "left" like deers staring into headlights.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So again a bunch of hypotheticals. The fact is he's hit the ground running

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am bitching because all he does is campaign.

Exactly - and what is up with that anyway? Just do your freaking job already

Have seen more than just this:

Gorsuch Gets Campaign-Like Ad Push

They need commercials now to make their case? Which Democrats exactly are going to make up their minds on a SCOTUS nominee because he rides horses?

I'm surprised there wasn't a Bad Hombre commercial. Never say never I guess

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yes, the 2 million I was talking about. So what exactly are you talking about, I still have no clue what you are actually trying to say.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So bitching about what MIGHT happen. sounds productive.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's not the issue, however, one need only to look at what Obama was able to accomplish in his first 30 days

Things were probably easier when anyone who disagreed with him was labeled racist and the liberal media did nothing but Rave about him. I am curious to see this list of promises kept within 30 days though.
edit on 1-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So what exactly are you talking about, I still have no clue what you are actually trying to say.

This much is obvious. I couldn't be any more obvious - I guess you'll just have to wonder

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
you Yanks are so screwed.
hes worse that obama. only now do we start to see it.
58 billion on War? did obama spend half of that in his first year?
he will be a dictator.
giving you little treats to make you like him.

most of you use't to say all the government is control'd.
now you are all for the new government.
look at the big picture.

edit on 1-3-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join