It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ban of 7 counties.

Blocked by the courts, and now he says he isn't going to sign a new EO on immigration. He wants an immigration reform bill instead.

Wall is moving ahead.

LOL No it isn't. Where's the funding? Whose going to pay for it? Where are the "plans" for this wall? Congressional approval?

1 month in, how many promises do you expect him to have 100% completed?

I'm not the person who made the claim that Trump has fulfilled any campaign promises. My expectations for this administration following through on campaign promises are very low.

Based on the info in your links, it looks like the only promise that Trump has kept is pulling out of the TTP. Okay, one promise out of 260 he has kept, but still not one promise has been fulfilled.

Pulling out of the TTP is all fine, that is of course if there is another plan in place. Unfortunately, there is not alternative plan to the TTP in place, as everything now has to be renegotiated. America's trade policies are in limbo, thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Blocked by courts is meaningless, he did it.

I gave you two links, both show he has kept his promises or is moving ahead with them.

You have nothing. You lost. You asked, I gave proof.

So we have 6 he has already kept, one month in.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

nope, not bad at all! we're happy about it. how do you feel?

it was a promise he's not keeping after all.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I believe this thread says more about you than it does about Trump.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Yes it is. He promised to remove the more than 2 million criminal illegals. He is doing exactly that, in a smart way, working with all of America. That is the definition of Presidential.

wapo.st...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I approve of him abandoning his campaign promise and acquiring the democrats platform. It isn't the first time and it probably will not be the last time either.

I second that. That is the problem for me. Then when the deficit gets too high again, it will be the democrats problem.

Well it'll certainly get far too high if there is going to be a 10% Federal military spending that's for sure, no money for the wall, no money for infrastructure renewal, never mind new infrastructure.

As for this new stance on immigrants, I don't know how well that gels with Bannon...not all maybe.
edit on 1-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on 1-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

okay, whatever you say. pretty sure this is what Obama was doing and what Hillary promised to do. lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Step by step he is becoming educated. Maybe eventually he will step into the light.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Blocked by courts is meaningless, he did it.

Since when is failure and incompetence in a president's orders meaningless?

I gave you two links, both show he has kept his promises or is moving ahead with them.

Moving ahead is NOT a promise kept!

Did you even red your own links? They say that the only promise that Trump has kept is withdrawing the US from the TTP. If the presidents' actions don't stick, that's NOT a promise kept. It's failed promise!

So we have 6 he has already kept, one month in.

Fake news! Lies! But that's what we've come to expect from Trump and CO., and his supporters as well.

edit on 1-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so essentially, nothing he could do would please you, got it. Shocking.

What's shocking is that you don't see this as a legitimate point the OP is making:

He complained about Obama's amnesty and here he is doing the same thing. Hypocrisy much Trump?

You seem to be overly concerned about people not liking him. Don't you think this is a natural part of the process? I'm pretty sure Obama got some criticism for almost everything he did - including breathing

What I wonder about next is - does it even register that this very sensible thing that he's decided to do wasn't even his idea? He just caved

I couldn't be happier (well, of course I could) about this more reasonable approach. I will wish for more, but at least it's moving in the right direction

I'm duly impressed by the fact that the man who would be king appreciates the wisdom that came before him - even if he and his happy fanboys don't have the cojones to admit what's what

edit on 3/1/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: brackets...and stuff

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Promises kept

It says it right there.

The other page has 3 listed as kept, and zero broken.

So again, what's your problem exactly?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is a case of reality hitting him. The logistics of deporting over 10 million people is a nightmare and would be far more expensive than it is worth.

This is exactly the path I would advocate as well and am glad to see President Trump come around on this issue.

You are correct. Rounding-up millions of people and deporting them was never, at any point, a reasonable plan to deal with illegals. I'm not sure why so many advocated for such a thing.

Anyway, I give credit to Trump for changing his approach.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

His contract with America specified the 2 million criminal illegals for deportation. That's what he is doing.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

His contract with America specified the 2 million criminal illegals for deportation. That's what he is doing.

That wasn't all he was doing - and now he's doing this

Did you miss the OP?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Promises kept

It says it right there.

The other page has 3 listed as kept, and zero broken.

So again, what's your problem exactly?

From your Politico link:

Top 5 Promises
Guarantee 6-week paid leave
Repeal Obamacare
Build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it
Suspend immigration from terror-prone places
Stop TPP

The only promise kept on that list is #5, he withdrew the US from the TPP. Big deal! Where's the new trade deals?

Your WAPO link clearly illustrates that Trump launched 7 programs, and only one of them "stuck".

Again, incompetence and failure are not examples of promises kept.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So tell me how many Politico says he broke?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

That wasn't all he was doing - and now he's doing this

Did you miss the OP?

I have no idea what you are talking about, can you be more clear? He said he would deport 2 million criminals (Obama admin said the # was like 850k iirc). He's doing it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm not talking about broken promises I'm challenging you on your assertion that Trump has fulfilled campaign promises. He hasn't, except for the unfinished TTP deal regarding US trade policies, that now all need to be renegotiated.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

He has kept and started the process of keeping his promises.

As I said, what are you upset about? You are just a bitter Dem who lost and can't do anything but be negative. I provided two sources, both of which vindicate Trump. You offered .. nothing.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

He's channeling Ivanka, his closest advisor.

And he is nothing if not pragmatic. The Repukes in Congress have hammered him about their need for cheap labor for their business cronies.

Business as usual.

And.........you expected something different?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join