It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signals Major Shift on Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

President Trump signaled a new openness on Tuesday to granting legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants who have not committed serious crimes and then called on Congress to work with him on overhauling health care, and rebuilding the nation’s infrastructure and military. In an address to a joint session of Congress in which he defended the tumultuous early days of his presidency, Mr. Trump said he was eager to reach across partisan lines and put aside “trivial fights” in the interest of helping ordinary Americans. But even as he outlined a bold agenda, he was raising new questions about his own policy priorities and how he planned to achieve them. In a conversation with news anchors just hours before he spoke, Mr. Trump broke from his tough immigration stance and said he was open to a the kind of broad overhaul that many Republicans and some of his core supporters have derided as “amnesty.” “The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides,” the president told the TV anchors at the White House, according to people present during the discussion. Those present requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the private meeting.

Yet another day yet another broken promise. He complained about Obama's amnesty and here he is doing the same thing. Hypocrisy much Trump? Trump is just like Obama and Bush before him just another token to be used by corporate America as they see fit. It's funny to see how his followers keep saying how he's going to change things but after it is all done he is just another trained dog.

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

so essentially, nothing he could do would please you, got it.
Shocking.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Well, I guess that a lot of folks around Trump realised he was on a fast track to impeachment or being shot by some nitwit. So, Trump was "spoken to", I guess. I hope more will address him and keep working on making him less of a nuisance and danger to the world.

Good.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You criticized him for being to strong on immigration, now he listens to the butthurts and loosens the restrictions you criticize him again.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Shocking.

That's not what he wrote.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

President Trump signaled a new openness on Tuesday to granting legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants who have not committed serious crimes and then called on Congress to work with him on overhauling health care, and rebuilding the nation’s infrastructure and military. In an address to a joint session of Congress in which he defended the tumultuous early days of his presidency, Mr. Trump said he was eager to reach across partisan lines and put aside “trivial fights” in the interest of helping ordinary Americans. But even as he outlined a bold agenda, he was raising new questions about his own policy priorities and how he planned to achieve them. In a conversation with news anchors just hours before he spoke, Mr. Trump broke from his tough immigration stance and said he was open to a the kind of broad overhaul that many Republicans and some of his core supporters have derided as “amnesty.” “The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides,” the president told the TV anchors at the White House, according to people present during the discussion. Those present requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the private meeting.

Yet another day yet another broken promise. He complained about Obama's amnesty and here he is doing the same thing. Hypocrisy much Trump? Trump is just like Obama and Bush before him just another token to be used by corporate America as they see fit. It's funny to see how his followers keep saying how he's going to change things but after it is all done he is just another trained dog.

So what's the problem again?? If he wants to enforce the removal of ALL illegals everyone throws fits and cries woe is me He's a monster. When he says "ok we'll work together on this" he is a liar. LOL love listening to people change their stance when someone bends to accommodate them. Actually I can see the merit in this just on the fact that there are so many illegals here. Also I didn't see where they would get automatic citizenship, they will probably be required to register and apply for citizenship within a certain amount of time.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So would you say you pro Trump or anti Trump?
Its hard to tell sometimes

Its possible hes come to the conclusion that if it comes to all or nothing he could get nothing.
I really cant see any issue with what hes said, who can honestly argue with immediate deportation of criminals and looking at the rest on a case by case basis?

Even if he offers 2 million amnesty extensions of a pool of 11-30 million people thats an 80-93% reduction in illegal immigrants.

You accuse him of being a dictator and then he comes out and reaches out to the left with a compromise that should make everyone happy and you start calling him a liar, flip flopper and weak?

I think his speech was brilliant, even CNN said it was good.
Get over your obsession with Trump, your stuck with him for at least 4 years and no one cares about your whining anymore.
Focus on the mans policies and what hes doing rather than his celebrity and you may even come to respect what hes doing

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Shocking.

You are so wrong. Him quitting the job would please me greatly. So have any comment on the actual thread or are you just going to do your usual whine for Trump?

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
See, this is why I have honestly just stopped listening to the Left.
You bitched and whined about Trump's plan and now that he changes it [ and fits what you all wanted by the way ] you bitch and whine about that.

Still just a bunch of children, looking for something to whine about.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is a case of reality hitting him. The logistics of deporting over 10 million people is a nightmare and would be far more expensive than it is worth.

This is exactly the path I would advocate as well and am glad to see President Trump come around on this issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I approve of him abandoning his campaign promise and acquiring the democrats platform. It isn't the first time and it probably will not be the last time either.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I approve of him abandoning his campaign promise and acquiring the democrats platform. It isn't the first time and it probably will not be the last time either.

I second that. That is the problem for me. Then when the deficit gets too high again, it will be the democrats problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

This is about all I took from that craptacular piece of "journalism"

Those present requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the private meeting.

Same old same old with these fake stories....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That is usually how it goes.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

And just like Pavlov's dog-you can't help but keep doggin' him. SMH Please go out and smell the spring and step back from your severe hatred.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I wish we could take all braindead Liberals, Specially the Hollywood braindead liberals(makes them worse since they are rich and retarded, and they didn't keep their promises of leaving unfortunately) and all illegals to a deserted island, and set the entirety of that Island on fire, afterwards a huge amount of fireworks, because the world would have declared peace that we got rid of useless wretches, throw in ISIS for good measure and, bam, instant world peace, only I can dream.
edit on 1-3-2017 by BloodxRayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

So exactly what could Trump have done/said that would garner a positive post from you?

Nothing?

Thought so.

I don't see this as a broken promise.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Except it's not the Democrats platform. Democrats want sanctuary for all. They want more immigration. It's a small part of the Democrat platform. The reasonable part.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
First of all your source is an opinion piece that is nothing but conjecture, some might even call it fake news. Second, I watched the speech in its entirety and the only thing that I got was that he was going to continue to be tough on immigration, even more so with the introduction of only taking immigrants that will not be a strain on the system.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

After all of your unbridled grand-standing, now you're blasting him for trying to have a meeting of the minds that gets snip done while softening his tone?

Brilliant!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join