It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGGEST TRIGGER -- Gun Ownership - Cannabis Legality - Aborting Babies.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well because gun rights as put out in the second amendment are for the empowering of the people. Not much else worth bitching about if you cant back your personal and collective constitutional positions demonstrated in the BoR up someday if called on to do so.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kryties

So, CANNABIS is the legal term. Marijuana is just slang, like Weed, Joint,..what else?

The story goes the establishment chose "marijuana" because the majority of Hispanic and black smokers referred to it as such and they wanted to keep the negative connotations about the plant. Calling it the slang marijuana vs the more established American term Cannabis helped facilitate the fear the establishment needed to make a plant illegal...
"Loco weed" was another fond term used by the government.
Here is the whole story for anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Religion should be in there as a hot button issue.

That's true because religion ties into a lot of political leaning diversionary issues used by the media and politics that many are divided by but not all agree with.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The biggest issue is suppression of potential alternative energy to fossil fuels. The next big issue is legalization of cannabis. Enough with the bs lies and schedule 1 with big pharma holding Americans and politicians by the balls.

The final issue is not seeing an emoji of guy smoking a joint, Mod Overlords, can we add that?
It can be like the "thug life" character with sunglasses, just a suggestion.

After these are taken care of, all the other issues will be taken care of.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Area201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Illegals
Taxes
Gun Ownership
Abortion

Couldn't care less about Marijuana.
Couldn't care less about Transgender mumbo jumbo or gay marriage. I'm amazed less than 5% of the USA population can dominate the news and elections. Such an overt agenda.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't know, but I support the right to engage in all three personally, regardless of my own personal feelings about any one of them. I dislike abortion and don't agree with it personally, but support a woman's right to make that choice with her physician. I dislike guns intensely, but support people's second amendment rights. I support cannabis legalization, though I do not use it myself (I did once, with a prescription. It helped for a time, but wasn't for me.)

In short, I believe in people's liberty to do these things, even if I don't personally agree with some of them.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

3. Aborting Babies.

Generally no one 'aborts babies'.
That emotionally laden baggage doesn't help a rational discussion, unless you are trying to bias it somehow.
Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.
'Aborting' a 'baby' is generally considered murder, legally.
I'm sure just an oversight on your part...

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

~~~ Couldn't care less if everyone was toting and shooting each other.
Have at it.
There are too many, anyway, and the gene pool needs to be 'skimmed'!

2. Marijuana Legality/Usage.

~~~ The legality of my medicine never concerned me. There are 'higher' laws at play, here.
In Amerikkka they are called 'stoners'[, derogatorily... in India they are called Holy Men!

3. Aborting Babies.

~~~ As far as I am concerned, it's not my body so I don't care.
Unless it was my baby, and then I'd probably be howling for SOME say in the matter of Our baby in the woman's body for 9 months and then I'll be supporting for the next 20 years!

Nah, no emotion on any of it.
It's all old news.

I'm sorry, but 'care' we do not necessarily 'must'. *__-

Way to miss the bigger picture, you must be quite happy down there in "me" world

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I swear if I ever ran, heres what I would hammer home.....

1. Gun rights, leave our guns alone, enforce the laws we already have, and let states decide how they handle their CC laws.

2. Marijuana, let the people have their damn Marijuana, its time to stop the ignorance with cannabis, make it legal, and start funding more research into what it can do medically......also reap the benefits of the taxes collected on it...

3. Abortion, I dont like abortion, but I also cannot fathom the decision to make that as a mother, I say bolster pro-choice laws to let people decide what they want to do, but also be mindful of those really late term abortions, we need to make sure were cleaning this area up and back ally clinics are shut down, they arent safe for the patient what so ever.....

In all cases, it needs to be stressed that states rights should be enforced, im fully behind our constitution and bill of rights......

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: carewemust

But be careful, some other ATS members are going to take this completely out of context and tell you that Trump & Sessions are waging an all out war on state legislated marijuana.

A man surely wouldn't lie and say anything to get elected? Surely not....

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

3. Aborting Babies.

That emotionally laden baggage doesn't help a rational discussion, unless you are trying to bias it somehow.
Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

Have at it.

~~~ The legality of my medicine never concerned me. There are 'higher' laws at play, here.
In Amerikkka they are called 'stoners'[, derogatorily... in India they are called Holy Men!

3. Aborting Babies.

Unless it was my baby, and then I'd probably be howling for SOME say in the matter of Our baby in the woman's body for 9 months and then I'll be supporting for the next 20 years!

It's all old news.

Way to miss the bigger picture, you must be quite happy down there in "me" world

Well, rather than leaving me all sitting here in my dense ignorance with your barf dripping everywhere (unfruitful at best), please elevate your response to the level of my response and educate me where I'm so ignorant.
Really, an intelligent conversation is a vast improvement over my good and valid response and your childish derrision of it in place of a 'refutation'.
Seems as if my response has "triggered" YOU!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

3. Aborting Babies.

Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

Have at it.

3. Aborting Babies.

It's all old news.

This. In a nutshell, you saved me the trouble, and did so wonderfully. My own take on the three issues is slightly different, but generally, similar.

1. Guns: I believe in the natural rights to self defense, by whatever means necessary, to protect and preserve ones life, and the lives of those they are charged with protecting. I also think people who leave their safety in the hands of others are complete fools. Gun control is idiotic, does not work, and a violation of human individuality and personal sovereignty. Plus I agree, the herd needs serious thinning, so giving the herd the means to do so is not a bad thing. (i.e. morons who shoot themselves by accident, which accounts for 2/3 of gun deaths anyway, not homicide).

2. Marijuana rights are human rights. The government has zero business telling grown adults what they can do with their bodies, how they have fun or how they chose to medicate and heal. ZERO business. The war on Drugs is the War on personal liberty. It is not only irrational, it's a serious resource drain. Putting people in prison and seizing their property, taking their families, and stripping them of rights because of a plant is pure fascist overkill and against the very premise of liberty and human dignity.

3. Abortion is the business of the woman, and since microscopic to bean sized clusters of developing zygotes, embryos, and fetuses do not constitute "babies" it's something I feel is a medical/personal issue, one that the government and religious/emotionally hysterical anti-choicers have zero business or right being involved in.

Yeah, I can play with emotional buzz-words too.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

3. Aborting Babies.

Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

Have at it.

3. Aborting Babies.

It's all old news.

Well, rather than leaving me all sitting here in my dense ignorance with your barf dripping everywhere (unfruitful at best), please elevate your response to the level of my response and educate me where I'm so ignorant.
Really, an intelligent conversation is a vast improvement over my good and valid response and your childish derrision of it in place of a 'refutation'.
Seems as if my response has "triggered" YOU!

Sorry i have better things to do than worry about your rantings.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

3. Aborting Babies.

Fetuses are aborted.
Zygotes are aborted.

Which bother me?

1. Gun Ownership Rights.

Have at it.

3. Aborting Babies.

It's all old news.

This. In a nutshell, you saved me the trouble, and did so wonderfully. My own take on the three issues is slightly different, but generally, similar.

1. Guns: I believe in the natural rights to self defense, by whatever means necessary, to protect and preserve ones life, and the lives of those they are charged with protecting. I also think people who leave their safety in the hands of others are complete fools. Gun control is idiotic, does not work, and a violation of human individuality and personal sovereignty. Plus I agree, the herd needs serious thinning, so giving the herd the means to do so is not a bad thing. (i.e. morons who shoot themselves by accident, which accounts for 2/3 of gun deaths anyway, not homicide).

2. Marijuana rights are human rights. The government has zero business telling grown adults what they can do with their bodies, how they have fun or how they chose to medicate and heal. ZERO business. The war on Drugs is the War on personal liberty. It is not only irrational, it's a serious resource drain. Putting people in prison and seizing their property, taking their families, and stripping them of rights because of a plant is pure fascist overkill and against the very premise of liberty and human dignity.

3. Abortion is the business of the woman, and since microscopic to bean sized clusters of developing zygotes, embryos, and fetuses do not constitute "babies" it's something I feel is a medical/personal issue, one that the government and religious/emotionally hysterical anti-choicers have zero business or right being involved in.

Yeah, I can play with emotional buzz-words too.

Why go to an abortion clinic if the little baby is just bean-size? Isn't there a pill that could kill him or her?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join